Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we’re going by color, both Inart & Hot Toys are inaccurate, both based their colors on how the gloves appear on screen, suits too. See how vibrant of a purple the pants actually are, also aren’t as baggy as some may think.

View attachment 656323
How do we know the photo wasn't altered? The flesh tones look way too red which affects the color of the purple suit.

How do we know the photo wasn't altered? The flesh tones look way too red which affects the color of the purple suit.
Lighting has a good bit to do with it, color tones show up better around darker things due to contrast. The film just had a dark gritty blue filter causing the color to escape from the screen. On top of that, Nolan made sure to use majority night scenes with shadows at play. We never see a daytime shot of Heath wearing the purple suit in the entirety of the film. The photo below has an overhead heavy white light washing the color out a bit but you can still see the gloves aren’t anywhere near as dark as thought to be.

F105D2CE-00FE-490C-98FA-F33AED41A3B3.jpeg

E1BDAD5F-E8F3-4F37-8D70-AC4A50D89BD4.jpeg

I chose these two photos specifically because they’re both of the same suit, and not one of the multiple expendable purple suits on set. Look at the gold button on the waistcoat, it is a gold button with details of currency on it, a coin. Above that he has a flower silver / white button, both buttons visible in both photos. Sometime after the interrogation but before the ferry ride Joker sewed two buttons on. Wayne probably did a number on the waistcoat over Rachael. This actually is what happened, atleast in the film.

8BD07D9F-6123-4586-BFB9-CA9DD5BEB7D2.jpeg

2D649CF1-C441-40FB-8D27-858529B2B414.jpeg

4B2DD7D7-BCDF-4B62-8DC4-0BB72EC06F88.jpeg

2C90E1A4-BAB8-43D0-89C9-ED53900545F0.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm just glad I don't have to be part of this particular stampede - I am completely satisfied with my IA Joker set and see no reason to blow hundreds more on the HT version as I suspect - while it may do some things incrementally better than IA (the HS perhaps?), it will also fall short in areas (hair and tailoring), so it's at best a wash and I'd rather put my money into something other than another joker.

So we still need Nurse Joker, Trash Bag Joker and Joker with custom tailored vest buttons.
Make them magnetic and throw them in as accessories or have a custom artist 3D print a batch of them. Better to see unique things included with this character than the usual dollar bills imo.

No Honor Guard Joker?

No Bank Robber Joker?
Their toy fair BR 2.0 didn’t sell well. The new Yunsil upgrade releasing soon, Topo and custom 3D shoe printers have pretty much tackled it. You can also use your Inart Glock with BR if you have it, it’s what I’m doing.

Their toy fair BR 2.0 didn’t sell well. The new Yunsil upgrade releasing soon, Topo and custom 3D shoe printers have pretty much tackled it. You can also use your Inart Glock with BR if you have it, it’s what I’m doing.
Is Topo Toys the best we can get at the moment, for the bank robber get-up? Is there a 3.0 in the works?

Is Topo Toys the best we can get at the moment, for the bank robber get-up? Is there a 3.0 in the works?

53F05093-1DC9-4175-9A68-E0898ADEBED0.jpeg

Correct, Topo is the best to readily get for cheap, as they ripped Yunsils work off, albeit different quality levels here.

Are you referring to a Topo 3.0 or Yunsil? Doubtful Topo will anytime soon but I’m not sure, Yunsil is however. It states they’re making the run, although they’re known for being swamped, causing pushbacks. Jagzz is doing custom buttons for this, maybe I’ll get in touch about a possible separate run of gold and flower 3D printed buttons for the waistcoat?

View attachment 656385

Correct, Topo is the best to readily get for cheap, as they ripped Yunsils work off, albeit different quality levels here.

Are you referring to a Topo 3.0 or Yunsil? Doubtful Topo will anytime soon but I’m not sure, Yunsil is however. It states they’re making the run, although they’re known for being swamped, causing pushbacks. Jagzz is doing custom buttons for this, maybe I’ll get in touch about a possible separate run of gold and flower 3D printed buttons for the waistcoat?
Hot Toys 3.0 lmao..

I dont have enough money for those super custom runs lol

Hot Toys 3.0 lmao..

I dont have enough money for those super custom runs lol
I don’t see it unless they want to root the masked sculpt, provide accurate material for the clothing, proper gloves, accurate bag or shoes. Otherwise, it’s an uphill battle against Topo for the very reasons you’ve stated. The material and tailoring on the HT BR 2.0 is **** and I own it, until the new Yunsil suit arrives that is. HT 3.0 would have to beat Topos in some way.

Last edited:
Back