Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m definitely ok with the final outcome and grateful to get a 1:4 Joker. Luckily I did get the DX11 at retail 5 years ago, there are many custom add ons I added over the years. I figured someone might make a custom HS with Likeness I can always add to compliment this piece.

Well exactly, it's a Hot Toys 1/4 Joker... meaning it's going to be great. Since when has Hot Toys been synonymous with making 100% to how they are in the film. The point for me and many others is they're the only company that gets near enough to 100 percent and at such a high quality.

It's a shame that some things are off. But looking at it not as this isn't 100 percent Heath, and instead of this is probably the best representation of Heath in 1/4 that anyone has done, might do some wonders for you.

Lol, if you say so. XD

The realism is there but for the prices the likeness should be pretty much bang on every time,. It's my opinion the next step should be digital sculpting artistry be damned.

HT is just about as mainstream as you can get for high end collectibles anyway.

I am interested to see the difference in quality between this and Enterbay's offering. I had a custom HS made for the Enterbay and the accessories from that release were really quite nice. I just hope the HT's tailoring and clothing is better.

Wrong thread, but here is the 1:4th custom (Monkeyrobotmaster)

Attachments

• Enterbay joker custom2.jpg
    Enterbay joker custom2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Enterbay joker custom1.jpg
    Enterbay joker custom1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 233
Thanks for proving my point. People buy it because it is a Hot Toys Heath Ledger product despite the sculpt, and I'm sure that some of them see it as investment. So there's really no incentive for HT to step up their game.

Can't speak for everyone but I would never buy a figure just because I want to like it. I liked this from the first time I saw it. It's not perfect and I'd love the likeness to be improved but still a figure I'm looking forward to getting. I really want to like the new Aquaman figure to but I don't so I won't be buying that unless it is improved significantly.

Also I can't agree HT would put no effort into a figure just because it's Ledger and people will buy it anyway. The artists surely have price in their work and wan't to do the best job possible.

Also I can't agree HT would put no effort into a figure just because it's Ledger and people will buy it anyway. The artists surely have price in their work and wan't to do the best job possible.

I've never claimed they don't put any effort into it, but I think they don't take criticism into account in order to improve their product like they did with the QS001 because they don't have to. I've come to terms with the fact that HT isn't capable of sculpting Ledger but the least they could have done is tweak the hair sculpt which looks objectively bad and should be easy enough to change.

Anyway, I'm happy for those who are fine with it as it is.

I've never claimed they don't put any effort into it, but I think they don't take criticism into account in order to improve their product like they did with the QS001 because they don't have to. I've come to terms with the fact that HT isn't capable of sculpting Ledger but the least they could have done is tweak the hair sculpt which looks objectively bad and should be easy enough to change.

Anyway, I'm happy for those who are fine with it as it is.

Maybe they have tweaked things...only know once we get those first release photos.

Okay seriously... this thing best be ****ing improved somehow for the delays! Absolutely no reason why this show be shown at the same time as Begins Batman and release almost half a year later without any changes at all!

Back