Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay seriously... this thing best be ****ing improved somehow for the delays! Absolutely no reason why this show be shown at the same time as Begins Batman and release almost half a year later without any changes at all!
in the past fairs they did not show anything and that is very strange...

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Don’t expect too much.
I really think the reason why so delayed is that
Hot Toys have to make other Marvel products.
Such as DR.strange/Iron spider/CAP.
They are crazy fast. Dr. Strange even half a year earlier. Now who cares DC?
JL BATMAN also delayed AF.
So I think Joker will change nothing.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Don’t expect too much.
I really think the reason why so delayed is that
Hot Toys have to make other Marvel products.
Such as DR.strange/Iron spider/CAP.
They are crazy fast. Dr. Strange even half a year earlier. Now who cares DC?
JL BATMAN also delayed AF.
So I think Joker will change nothing.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
And why HT didnt show the figure in the past fairs???

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

It's the same sculpt, they didn't improve the likeness

Yes it’s obviously the same sculpt in that ‘coming soon’ photo.

What is not clear is why it is clearly a photoshopped image from the specs photos, as one eagle eyed member has pointed out.

Last edited:
Yes it’s inviously the same sculpt in that ‘coming soon’ photo.

What is not clear is why it is clearly a photoshopped image from the specs photos, as one eagle eyed member has pointed out.

Between that and the constant delays it's probably due to revisions. They're not going to release a subpar 600 dollars each product.

What will you guys do if, after all these delays, it’s still just the same sculpt again minus revisions OR an even worse sculpt?

What will you guys do if, after all these delays, it’s still just the same sculpt again minus revisions OR an even worse sculpt?

Still buy it because it's the only affordable 1/4 Joker on the market and there will forever be a million custom heads.

I'll obsess over the next thing. Then the next. Honestly 1/4 never grabbed me. They should've made this in 1/6.

Yeah I’d of preferred another 1/6 joker and batman rather than 1/4 but I’m still glad I bought it.
It’s sold out now isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im glad they made this in 1/4. 1/4 is like their prestige line and Nolan Joker was definitely prestige..

Good way to look at it and I agree.
I just prefer my figures 1/6 but I’d only make the exception for batman figs [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im glad they made this in 1/4. 1/4 is like their prestige line and Nolan Joker was definitely prestige..

(Lol Nolan also made a film named The Prestige.)

I must say I'm all in on the 1/4 line, and I just wanna hold this figure in my hands RIGHT NOW.

Honestly? Probably just sell the damn thing. I remember always thinking it’d be cool to have The Begins and TDK/TDKR suits as sort of the sole representations and those turned out well enough that I don’t necessarily need a Joker. I just kind of bought into the hype after the in-hand pics of the Begins suit came out and jumped on the waitlist as the EX was sold out. It converted and I figured better to just pay for it and see what happens than be 70 bucks out of pocket from the NRD. I really hope that’s not the case and that they deliver a superior final product like the QS 001, but we both have been in this game long enough to know that was far more of an exception than a rule.

For Keaton they’d just do what they did with the Begins Batman and be lazy with a one piece rubber suit.

That’s not how a “premium” collectible should be done.

For Keaton they’d just do what they did with the Begins Batman and be lazy with a one piece rubber suit.

That’s not how a “premium” collectible should be done.

That’s the ******** of it. His suit seems like one people tend to over complicate for some reason. I would kill for one like the QS001, though, with the fabric undersuit and PVC plates.

29tNv6I.jpg

There does seem to be a general apathy towards figures in this scale. Personally I wish they did more 1/4 stuff but it's probably a scale more associated with statues in most collectors minds.

I just hope someday we get 1/4 scale Reeve and Keaton figures. They've done enough Nolan stuff once this Joker comes out. Time for something else.

There does seem to be a general apathy towards figures in this scale. Personally I wish they did more 1/4 stuff but it's probably a scale more associated with statues in most collectors minds.

I just hope someday we get 1/4 scale Reeve and Keaton figures. They've done enough Nolan stuff once this Joker comes out. Time for something else.

I was a bit reluctant with 1/4 scale figures at first, simply due to the sheer size. However, after acquiring the QS Iron Man Mk XLV, I was just absolutely taken aback. The amount of detail, articulation, functionality and overall representation were on a different level than 1/6.

Agreed, I'd like for them to produce more, however I've heard mention there isn't a big enough market. I absolutely would a want a 1/4 Reeve Superman :thud:

Back