Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much based on that pic we’re getting the prototype. I doubt that pic was taken long ago. I could be wrong, we’ll find out soon enough...

Haven't we seen this before though? I remember at least one figure they showed an earlier prototype of in one of these 'coming soon' pics. Might have been BvS Superman with the MoS sculpt.

Either way I think that Joker looks amazing overall.

44a73098f182650152f8678945bdd9a1.jpg

Correct. While this doesn’t mean we’ll definitely get a difference in the production figure, it’s still possible they’re tweaking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44a73098f182650152f8678945bdd9a1.jpg

Correct. While this doesn’t mean we’ll definitely get a difference in the production figure, it’s still possible they’re tweaking it.

Thank you! Glad my memory wasn't deceiving me. :lol

No guarantee it's the same situation here but at least there is a precedent. Only know for sure when it finally releases.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but all three of those DC figures look almost as though they were photoshopped in - sans the display stands - since they’re lit differently than the Marvel figures - especially Aquaman.

I’m probably wrong though and they just didn’t bother updating him. I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay was to push the Infinity War figures out sooner since those are more of a time sensitive release with Endgame right around the corner; they can release Ledger Joker whenever and people will still buy him.

EDIT: I was right - they did photoshop his head on.

nf11DyB.jpg

I’m sorry, I just noticed the typo. Oops
a7GcirN.jpg

Maybe it is a placeholder, like BvS Superman’s head. Aquaman’s head is photoshopped on too, and he’s another figure I remember people critiquing the headsculpt on.

JU4PBN9.jpg

Again, maybe they just didn’t have the full figures around so they had to photoshop them together. It is pretty strange though.

And here I thought they took the final product and set them up on a table. I mean that would make the most sense.

What a bunch of tricky ****ers.

FINALLY!! Sweet lord!! It's been forever. I'm SO looking forward to this coming home!

Yeah me too I can’t wait to have him displayed, even if they didn’t do anything For the head i’m still going to be exciting. But I will mitt I’ll be a little disappointed.

Almost everything is wrong with this figure (face, hair, coat, pants, he's too skinny, expression...) but what really annoys me is that it will sell despite all the issues and that a bunch of people will claim that it looks much better in person & create a fake hype.

Almost everything is wrong with this figure (face, hair, coat, pants, he's too skinny, expression...) but what really annoys me is that it will sell despite all the issues and that a bunch of people will claim that it looks much better in person & create a fake hype.

So you'd be happier if we all hate it?

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but all three of those DC figures look almost as though they were photoshopped in - sans the display stands - since they’re lit differently than the Marvel figures - especially Aquaman.

I’m probably wrong though and they just didn’t bother updating him. I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay was to push the Infinity War figures out sooner since those are more of a time sensitive release with Endgame right around the corner; they can release Ledger Joker whenever and people will still buy him.

EDIT: I was right - they did photoshop his head on.

View attachment 438272

I’m sorry, I just noticed the typo. Oops
View attachment 438273

Maybe it is a placeholder, like BvS Superman’s head. Aquaman’s head is photoshopped on too, and he’s another figure I remember people critiquing the headsculpt on.

View attachment 438274

Again, maybe they just didn’t have the full figures around so they had to photoshop them together. It is pretty strange though.

Hmmmm.

Excellent spot. Guess we will find out very soon.

I get the feeling that some people really want to like it and Hot Toys gets away with everything.

If you truly think it looks good I'm happy for you.

I'll make that judgement when I see it in person. Still have mixed feelings about the QS009

I'll make that judgement when I see it in person. Still have mixed feelings about the QS009
Know what u mean, I got the qs009 but sold it on, just not a patch on the enterbay.

I get the feeling that some people really want to like it and Hot Toys gets away with everything.

If you truly think it looks good I'm happy for you.

They don't really "get away with everything" though...they make products that people who like the products buy. Hot Toys gets money from those people and those people get a product that they enjoy...I personally hate the taste of milk but I don't think of the Dairy Farms as getting away with anything because a bunch of people really seem to like it and keep buying it...

They don't really "get away with everything" though...they make products that people who like the products buy. Hot Toys gets money from those people and those people get a product that they enjoy...I personally hate the taste of milk but I don't think of the Dairy Farms as getting away with anything because a bunch of people really seem to like it and keep buying it...

So? This is pretty self-explanatory basic stuff and doesn't add anything to the conversation. My point was that it seems to me that some people force themselves to like it because it is a Hot Toys product; if any other company made a Heath Ledger sculpt like that it wouldn't sell well, and rightly so.

The fact that’s it’s Hot Toys and it’s an officially licensed product with decent likeness and the only available commercial product on the market is why people will buy this. Not to mention it’s Ledger Joker and people go crazy for him. Look at those bootleg jokers that sell for $300 but it’s a deal compared to buying a DX11 now. DX11 has a terrible likeness but it’s HT and it’s a well packed figure. We likely won’t see another one of these for years to come so naturally people will buy it dispite a shoddy sculpt.

The fact that’s it’s Hot Toys and it’s an officially licensed product with decent likeness and the only available commercial product on the market is why people will buy this. Not to mention it’s Ledger Joker and people go crazy for him. Look at those bootleg jokers that sell for $300 but it’s a deal compared to buying a DX11 now. DX11 has a terrible likeness but it’s HT and it’s a well packed figure. We likely won’t see another one of these for years to come so naturally people will buy it dispite a shoddy sculpt.

Thanks for proving my point. People buy it because it is a Hot Toys Heath Ledger product despite the sculpt, and I'm sure that some of them see it as investment. So there's really no incentive for HT to step up their game.

Thanks for proving my point. People buy it because it is a Hot Toys Heath Ledger product despite the sculpt, and I'm sure that some of them see it as investment. So there's really no incentive for HT to step up their game.

Well exactly, it's a Hot Toys 1/4 Joker... meaning it's going to be great. Since when has Hot Toys been synonymous with making 100% to how they are in the film. The point for me and many others is they're the only company that gets near enough to 100 percent and at such a high quality.

It's a shame that some things are off. But looking at it not as this isn't 100 percent Heath, and instead of this is probably the best representation of Heath in 1/4 that anyone has done, might do some wonders for you.

Back