Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s weird. It would be nice if it is a headsculpt readjustment, but I won’t get my hopes up. They could’ve just pushed it back to when they dong have a lot releasing to crank more Infinity War and Star Wars figures.

Doesn’t Hot Toys usually post updates on their official Facebook when they’re changing something? Like Star Lord’s face or Batfleck’s abs? Hoping for the best.

Man this boggles me, for ppl to say they could see the pretty boy from A Knight's Tale the moment they saw him in TDK kudos to you ;) :duff

I admit he doesn't look as youthful and pretty looking as he did in that movie, and I am not saying it was obvious that it was Heath when he had full make up on, I am just saying I could tell it was him but only when he wasn't pulling his iconic Joker expressions, but maybe that just me. :dunno

:duff

Last edited:
I've mentioned I was impatient with the release of this one. However with the announcement of delay, I've come to welcome it. There seems to be more releases from HT now, and the sheer excitement from every single one is felt; and with that I do not mind one bit with the wait.

SS know about as much as us :lol Hot Toys is the only credible source and if their own store says it's delayed until February it seems likely that will be the case.

I got on the waitlist the second the EX. sold out, so, if this happens, I’m very hopeful that it transfers. My problem with this release, frankly, stem from Hot Toys, themselves. I know this sounds weird, but they set the bar so high with the QS 001, and, in my personal opinion, the QS 009, that this one has just sort of bugged the hell out of me. It’s not even that it’s “bad,” it’s just not what it could or should be for what it is.

20265117_1638114756261501_158327891454486958_n (1).jpg
I think the exclusive is superb. I think the standard HS is substandard. Heath gets lost in that paintwork and simply does not do the character justice either.

I think the “Heath” portion of the exclusive sculpt is actually the weakest part - it’s the “Joker” side that proves this sculpt works better for the interrogation scene, with that greasy hair & everything. There should’ve been a mob head with fuller hair and a greasier interrogation head so you could have both looks in a “definitive” set instead of the weird exclusive hodgepodge head.

The right side of this picture actually looks really good imo.

PD15009587669n3.jpg

I think the “Heath” portion of the exclusive sculpt is actually the weakest part - it’s the “Joker” side that proves this sculpt works better for the interrogation scene, with that greasy hair & everything. There should’ve been a mob head with fuller hair and a greasier interrogation head so you could have both looks in a “definitive” set instead of the weird exclusive hodgepodge head.

View attachment 424013

Yeah it’s kinda a double dip to reuse the sculpt :/ should have not done an exclusive and just give two unique heads or just one head with separate eyeball systems.. now when you do the lets not blow things out of proportion pose you can’t have him look to the side..

View attachment 424013

For sure the Joker side looks great. I think it works, it just could be a biiiiiiit better. I only got the exclusive version incase I ever become rich and want to pay for a custom sculpt haha.

But SS haven't updated their release date yet...

I’ll be honest; my hope with the exclusive hopefully converting is to take the half Heath sculpt, repaint and root some hair. I’d really never pose with that sculpt but why pay rape price for a second head if I can grab one for retail. If all else fails, just grab regular if waitlist doesn’t convert by release and pray they fixed the sculpt enough to feel satisfied.

Was there a change from the 1/4 Batman begins from prototype to finish product?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love the exclusive head, I love the idea of that one more. He was never seen with his makeup like that, which is awesome IMO. I hope they’ll leave it alone and they can improve the standard head.

Back