Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I estimated shipping from KG Hobby for Batman, and it was over $100. So, factor that in. But you also get a 3% discount if you pay all at once upfront.

I estimated shipping from KG Hobby for Batman, and it was over $100. So, factor that in. But you also get a 3% discount if you pay all at once upfront.

:horror That's insane. Don't think it's anything like that to the UK. The 1/6 figures I got from them seemed very reasonable on shipping.

Edit: Just put the 1/4 Batman in my basket to check and the shipping comes up free. Hong Kong Post GBP: 0.

:horror That's insane. Don't think it's anything like that to the UK. The 1/6 figures I got from them seemed very reasonable on shipping.

Edit: Just put the 1/4 Batman in my basket to check and the shipping comes up free. Hong Kong Post GBP: 0.

Did you go beyond just placing it in the basket? Once you enter your address the shipping quote should come up.

I'm from Belgium and i can get the normal version for 480€ (no customs because it's shipping from the retailer in Belgium but i'll have to wait 4-5 more months)

Anyone knows if i will be able to find the exclusive H.S. on ebay?
Or is there any other way to get the EX version ? (except Sideshow)

Did you go beyond just placing it in the basket? Once you enter your address the shipping quote should come up.

Yes, I have an account so it had my address in there. :dunno I know the shipping won't be free but surprised if it would be so much higher than a 1/6 figure...£30-50 is what I would have thought. Although even at $100 it would still be cheaper than Sideshow with import tax or retailers here. :lol

Darn! I recall the TDK Batman 1/4 Hot Toys had PERS.

Ye, it does. Not necessarily "PERS" tho, as the eyes can be moved individually.

PERS is Hot Toys' patented way of moving both eyes with one stick, like this.

HT1333-P214-7.jpg

The 1/4 Batman had this.

20130925-165136.jpg
Pic sauce: https://marveltoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130925-165136.jpghttps://marveltoynews.com/hot-toys-hulk-review-avengers-16-scale-figure-mms-186/

Movable eyes usually make for a goofier looking sculpt, so I'm glad they aren't using it for this or the BB Batman. It's nice for more expressive characters, but even then it can look wrong.

I'm from Belgium and i can get the normal version for 480€ (no customs because it's shipping from the retailer in Belgium but i'll have to wait 4-5 more months)

Anyone knows if i will be able to find the exclusive H.S. on ebay?
Or is there any other way to get the EX version ? (except Sideshow)

KGhobby will get the exclusive if you ask them, not sure why they haven't listed it on their website yet. I'm paying them 4000 HKD for it, about £395. Even after the large delivery cost still works out a little cheaper than Sideshow with delivery + import duty. This is assuming they haven't filled all their pre-orders, depends how many they were able to secure.

Timcent will have it on eBay after release but probably charge about £600. :lol

KGhobby will get the exclusive if you ask them, not sure why they haven't listed it on their website yet. I'm paying them 4000 HKD for it, about £395. Even after the large delivery cost still works out a little cheaper than Sideshow with delivery + import duty. This is assuming they haven't filled all their pre-orders, depends how many they were able to secure.

yes but you are looking for the normal version right?

yes but you are looking for the normal version right?

They only have the normal version on the website, £343 right now. I ordered the exclusive from them though, asked them to send me a Paypal invoice for it. My invoice lists it as "hot toys 1/4 joker, SP with 2 head". HKD 4000, almost £400 + shipping in my currency.

I don't think they put everything on their site. If you look on their Facebook page they posted the four Toyfair exclusives on July 14th with the message "Pm us if u need any of the #hottoys toy fair exclusive 2017". None of those have appeared on their site thus far. I assume it's the same set up with the exclusive Joker.

Ye, it does. Not necessarily "PERS" tho, as the eyes can be moved individually.

PERS is Hot Toys' patented way of moving both eyes with one stick, like this.

HT1333-P214-7.jpg

The 1/4 Batman had this.

View attachment 358088
Pic sauce: https://marveltoynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130925-165136.jpghttps://marveltoynews.com/hot-toys-hulk-review-avengers-16-scale-figure-mms-186/

Movable eyes usually make for a goofier looking sculpt, so I'm glad they aren't using it for this or the BB Batman. It's nice for more expressive characters, but even then it can look wrong.

Whoops, didn't realize the independently moving eyes wasn't called PERS. I just remember the DX11 allowing for some sinister poses with just moving the eyes. Really bummed that I won't be able to do the same for this one.

In my opinion the Enterbay 1/4 set is still a better choice. Anyone else agree??

The Enterbay has a stronger likeness to Ledger and includes the bazooka, but overall I think the QC and outfit for this will be a lot better. I don't personally own either of the EB figures, but I've heard some not good things.

The Enterbay has a stronger likeness to Ledger and includes the bazooka, but overall I think the QC and outfit for this will be a lot better. I don't personally own either of the EB figures, but I've heard some not good things.

I did own the Enterbay version, and for me it had a few bad issues. The face paint was sticky/tacky. it was just bad application. The ankles suffered from breakage inside the shoe, and the lower body was awkward and just looked weird in the legs.. I agree with what you said QC looks much better! Also the packaging on the EB was just a styrofoam grey/black shell and a plain cardboard shipper box with EB packing tape......In fact my bronw shipper box was a hand cut box.

One of the cool things about the HT 1/4 line is the outstanding package design. I really like the box art. I feel like I've purchased something amazing when I open it.

I currently own HT 1/4 Iron man Mark 45 SP Edition, Iron man 3 Mark 42 Deluxe, TDK, Bobba Fett, and have TDK EX Joker and Batman Begins on order. I'm looking forward to the release of Vader, and Storm Trooper when that happens... I would love a Jack Sparrow or Predator in this scale one day.

Thanks for the info!
I suppose that you also have to take into account the customs charges? (21% in my case)

Back