Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I like it ..:) Just PO'ed love the extra head!

IMG_0201.JPG

I ,too, think the extra HS done the way they have done is UNIQUE and SPECIAL- not subpar like a few have described it

Im beginning to think those people are more put-off by the price rather than the sculpt. I see value in that sculpt, rather than a price. Its well done and makes for a very interesting display.

Im beginning to think those people are more put-off by the price rather than the sculpt. I see value in that sculpt, rather than a price. Its well done and makes for a very interesting display.

Exactly! This was a very satisfying pre-order!

I rarely just drop 550 on any piece. Especially having a po plan lol. This was just a no brainer for me. 1st ledger hot toys figure and 1/4 scale. Awesome 2nd "special" sculpt. Ill say it again im glad i canceled the ss pf lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rarely just drop 550 on any piece. Especially having a po plan lol. This was just a no brainer for me. 1st ledger hot toys figure and 1/4 scale. Awesome 2nd "special" sculpt. Ill say it again im glad i canceled the ss pf lol

Congrats! I was close to getting the SS PF before this was announced. The only reason I probably didn't is because the Batman PF was sold out. My local comic shop told me they didn't have it but, a week later told me at another location it was in stock but, that was after I PO'd this 1/4 HT Joker and Begins Batman. It must've been a sign lol.

So looking fwd to this one! i po'ed it the second it came online from SideShow. The import costs will be quite high to EU. But i really wanted the EX.
Will be great to set him next to my 1/4 HT TDK bats. Now i'm contemplating if i should keep / sell my DX11.:gah:

So looking fwd to this one! i po'ed it the second it came online from SideShow. The import costs will be quite high to EU. But i really wanted the EX.
Will be great to set him next to my 1/4 HT TDK bats. Now i'm contemplating if i should keep / sell my DX11.:gah:

I wouldn't sell the DX 11.

I was debating with myself because of the price. Then I looked at the SS PF, forgot how ridiculous that headsculpt looked, then immediately ordered this without a second thought despite the arguments of how some think this is a bad headsculpt. But really, I nearly threw up looking at the headsculpt for the premium format again

Congrats! I was close to getting the SS PF before this was announced. The only reason I probably didn't is because the Batman PF was sold out. My local comic shop told me they didn't have it but, a week later told me at another location it was in stock but, that was after I PO'd this 1/4 HT Joker and Begins Batman. It must've been a sign lol.

Hahahaha yay us dude lol

This is an amazing piece. Not a scale I collect, but it is really incredible. Just about perfect, I'd say.

I'm also hoping this will lower the prices on the original Joker DX. I still need a cop Joker, dammit!

I agree with the criticisms that I've seen to be honest.

In other sculpts, even where the likeness to Ledger was lacking there was at least a good expression that called his performance to mind such as DX11 and even DX01 from what I remember. This head just doesn't strike me enough. It's really bland. So it doesn't even have ''character'' to fall back on when the likeness and headshape are wrong, nor is there a worthwhile second sculpt. A movie-based head is always preferable to some made-up thing.

I also agree with the criticism that they should have picked one scene and sculpted and painted based on that scene alone rather than trying to have a one sculpt/paintjob fits all deal.

Other than this stuff, looks pretty cool.

Back