Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ,too, think the extra HS done the way they have done is UNIQUE and SPECIAL- not subpar like a few have described it

I was initially put off by the first horrible photo from SDCC.. then I started seeing good shots and was very happy with the HT version.. I also po'ed the Begins version. I'm hoping for a TDK 1/4 re-release since it's a great way to make more cash and satisfy the customer base getting these two beauties!!!

I just placed my order at Sideshow, will be shipping it to the UK so hopefully it won't be tonnes of taxes more than what it normally is, but with a code I got from purple coat Joker I got a little discount. I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on this, and to be honest I'm surprised these haven't already all been pre-ordered.

I just placed my order at Sideshow, will be shipping it to the UK so hopefully it won't be tonnes of taxes more than what it normally is, but with a code I got from purple coat Joker I got a little discount. I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on this, and to be honest I'm surprised these haven't already all been pre-ordered.

You mean sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these really should have sold out by now. Wow. It is true that people really wanted these two at this scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry i don't quite understand you, you mean you think it should have sold out because people were asking for a 1/4 version? I feel the same, but moreover that it's a Hot Toys Heath Ledger Joker!

I agree with the criticisms that I've seen to be honest.

In other sculpts, even where the likeness to Ledger was lacking there was at least a good expression that called his performance to mind such as DX11 and even DX01 from what I remember. This head just doesn't strike me enough. It's really bland. So it doesn't even have ''character'' to fall back on when the likeness and headshape are wrong, nor is there a worthwhile second sculpt. A movie-based head is always preferable to some made-up thing.

I also agree with the criticism that they should have picked one scene and sculpted and painted based on that scene alone rather than trying to have a one sculpt/paintjob fits all deal.

Other than this stuff, looks pretty cool.

I'm betting that's why Joker 2.0's laughing sculpt looks so good. I understand that they wanted both the DX11 and this to be "definitive Jokers", but he doesn't really have a definitive "look" since his makeup and hair changes so much throughout the movie.

They really should've committed to full-on mob meeting, since he doesn't even have a table, chair, or interrogation room backdrop to go with him like the DX11 did; even if he did, where would we fit all that? :lol

That, or use the second headsculpt for his messier hair & makeup like the interrogation scene, and the stock sculpt for his mob meeting look, with clean makeup and fluffier hair.

It's still a great set, although it's pricey. I'm really happy we're getting the grenade rig again since I originally passed on the DX01.

I'm betting that's why Joker 2.0's laughing sculpt looks so good. I understand that they wanted both the DX11 and this to be "definitive Jokers", but he doesn't really have a definitive "look" since his makeup and hair changes so much throughout the movie.

They really should've committed to full-on mob meeting, since he doesn't even have a table, chair, or interrogation room backdrop to go with him like the DX11 did; even if he did, where would we fit all that? :lol

That, or use the second headsculpt for his messier hair & makeup like the interrogation scene, and the stock sculpt for his mob meeting look, with clean makeup and fluffier hair.

It's still a great set, although it's pricey. I'm really happy we're getting the grenade rig again since I originally passed on the DX01.

Man I bought a surprising amount of Nolan Batman stuff before I dropped out.

Original Joker
MMS67 Batman (had 2 in fact)
Original TDK suit Batman (also had 2 of these I think)
Two-face
Bank Robber Joker
DX01 Joker
DX02 Batman
Batpod
Tumbler

I seem to remember I had DX11 on order but cancelled it. I think I also preordered Scarecrow and Demon Batman, possibly the Toyfair Exclusive Batman aswell. Also cancelled. I realised by then that my spending was massively out of control. Although it would still be a while yet before I got myself in order.

Today I just have a single MMS67 and the Tumbler. The reason I still have those is because the latter was going to be a pain in the arse to sell and I figured were I ever to manage it locally I would need a Batman to go with it into the deal. Still haven't made a serious effort to move it. Both reside in their boxes.

Were I to buy back into Nolan Batman I would actually preference 1:4 scale for the greater presence and the mere fact that there wouldn't be so much to collect.

Man I bought a surprising amount of Nolan Batman stuff before I dropped out.

Original Joker
MMS67 Batman (had 2 in fact)
Original TDK suit Batman (also had 2 of these I think)
Two-face
Bank Robber Joker
DX01 Joker
DX02 Batman
Batpod
Tumbler

I seem to remember I had DX11 on order but cancelled it. I think I also preordered Scarecrow and Demon Batman, possibly the Toyfair Exclusive Batman aswell. Also cancelled. I realised by then that my spending was massively out of control. Although it would still be a while yet before I got myself in order.

Today I just have a single MMS67 and the Tumbler. The reason I still have those is because the latter was going to be a pain in the arse to sell and I figured were I ever to manage it locally I would need a Batman to go with it into the deal. Still haven't made a serious effort to move it. Both reside in their boxes.

Were I to buy back into Nolan Batman I would actually preference 1:4 scale for the greater presence and the mere fact that there wouldn't be so much to collect.

Same here, but not quite as much.

Right now I have:

DX12 DKR Batman
DX11 Joker
Bane
BR Joker 2.0
and the 1/4 DKR Batman

I was almost going to get the Batpod, Scarecrow & Demon Bats, Two-Face, Toy Fair Gordon, and OG BR Joker. I ultimately passed on them because they cost money. :lol Always wanted to get the Tumbler, but if I were going to get a vehicle I'd definitely go with the 89 Batmobile instead.

I'm thinking of sort of doing the same thing you did, but sell off my DX12 and DX11 in favor of the 1/4 figures. It's hard for me to work up the nerve to since I know I couldn't get them back anywhere near their original prices if I wanted. I'll probably just end up boxing them.

The 1/4 figures have such a greater presence. When I got QS001 it made the DX12 look like a little shrimp. :lol I'm excited to see what that's like with Joker.

I was almost going to get the Batpod, Scarecrow & Demon Bats, Two-Face, Toy Fair Gordon, and OG BR Joker. I ultimately passed on them because they cost money. :lol Always wanted to get the Tumbler, but if I were going to get a vehicle I'd definitely go with the 89 Batmobile instead.

And indeed that's what I did. Got myself the '89 Batmobile.

I had a phase there where I was on the anti-Nolan bandwagon - which gave me the strength to sell most of my figures - but in the post DCEU world I've regained my appreciation for Nolan's films and what they did for Batman. Last time I watched them I thoroughly enjoyed them and felt a slight pang of regret that I no longer had certain key figures...and never had the likes of Bane at all.

To be honest I probably won't get back into it for the reason you mentioned - they cost money. But the temptation is definitely there for the 1:4 Batman...for some reason I keep posting about it in the Joker thread :dunno

I also sold the first MMS Joker, the original Bank Robber, Two Face, and the MMS TDK Bats. I really got into HT because of TDK, but I don't regret selling those first 4 figures. I would like an updated Two Face. The original was not good enough, imo.

As of now, I have the DX01, DX11, DX12, and the Tim Burton figures.

I've sold all my Nolan stuff apart from the Toyfair Begins Bats with a custom sculpt, DX 11 Joker, DX 12 Dark Knight Bats with Robbie's faceplate, and an Iminime Ra's sculpt. But those are all figures I still like quite a bit. However, I could sell my DX Joker and essentially fund the 1/4 scale Joker here. Hmm. . .

I may just keep the DX12 and display it with the Bruce Wayne sculpt, but have the 1/4 Batman with his cowl on. Or maybe have the 1/4 Joker wearing his purple coat with his grenade rig display, and the DX11 with his laughing sculpt and interrogation room diorama with no coat.

I've been running out of room lately, so I've had to box some Hot Toys figures which is the first time I've actually had to. That's my main incentive to myself for selling off the 1/6th scale versions of characters I want in 1/4th scale.

The 1/4 Begins Batman will be my first figure of Bale in that suit, so that's exciting. I was really tempted by the Toy Fair version, and how you could display him with the "first night out" gear too. Really glad they included those pieces this time around too.

I've sold all my Nolan stuff apart from the Toyfair Begins Bats with a custom sculpt, DX 11 Joker, DX 12 Dark Knight Bats with Robbie's faceplate, and an Iminime Ra's sculpt. But those are all figures I still like quite a bit. However, I could sell my DX Joker and essentially fund the 1/4 scale Joker here. Hmm. . .

IMG_0203.GIF

I didn't think I "needed" a 1/4 scale Ledger Joker until I made the mistake of opening this thread out of curiosity. Then the bewitching began. Thankfully my recent depressing bank statement slapped me in the face and broke the spell.

Don't do it Kara, it's a trick!

I didn't think I "needed" a 1/4 scale Ledger Joker until I made the mistake of opening this thread out of curiosity. Then the bewitching began. Thankfully my recent depressing bank statement slapped me in the face and broke the spell.

Don't do it Kara, it's a trick!
I know there is a lot of hate for the sculpt here. And it's not surprising, for anyone who has followed any Ledger release over the years. But frankly, I think this sculpt is better than the DX-12 PERS one. I say the best 1/6 sculpt is still that original Yulli bank robber sculpt that was repurposed for the re-release. If they didn't give us the incomprehensible half flesh/half interrogation sculpt, I probably would have already pre-ordered this thing.

Back