Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that sculpt looks fantastic....HT lame effort doesn't even come close.

I'd still like to see how much of a likeness to ledger is hidden under the HT paint apps.

A bit unfair to expect a mass produced product to come close to a hand painted and haired custom.

I think this it's fine overall apart from the badly sculpted hair and lack of a proper second sculpt. They could have taken a real risk with the exclusive, given him a very scene specific expression, sculpted hair coming over his face or even tried rooted. To use the exact same sculpt and just leave a bit unpainted is super lazy.

A bit unfair to expect a mass produced product to come close to a hand painted and haired custom.

The hairing and painting might be custom but the sculpt is a KO Enterbay sculpt, so it is fair to compare that to the Hot Toys one, if we are talking about sculpt alone.

I think this it's fine overall apart from the badly sculpted hair and lack of a proper second sculpt. They could have taken a real risk with the exclusive, given him a very scene specific expression, sculpted hair coming over his face or even tried rooted. To use the exact same sculpt and just leave a bit unpainted is super lazy.

I agree on all those points even Enterbay's had the hair coming over his face.

The hairing and painting might be custom but the sculpt is a KO Enterbay sculpt, so it is fair to compare that to the Hot Toys one, if we are talking about sculpt alone.

I agree on all those points even Enterbay's had the hair coming over his face.

It would be interesting to see how this HT sculpt looks once repainted and haired. That would reveal how good or bad the underlying sculpt is.

Is it worth getting the ex head fully painted to the interrogation look and haired or just get a completely new custom sculpt?

It would be interesting to see how this HT sculpt looks once repainted and haired. That would reveal how good or bad the underlying sculpt is.

A more messy repaint like the interrogation scene make up might show the true potential the sculpt has because the Mob make up is covering up what areas are accurate on the sculpt which was the case with Enterbays. However, we are pretty much seeing the true potential the sculpt has with likeness to Heath since the EX head is only half painted.

Is it worth getting the ex head fully painted to the interrogation look and haired or just get a completely new custom sculpt?

Well like I said I don't think getting it repainted with added hair is going to improve the likeness of the EX head sculpt, I guess it could look more like the Joker not to mention more realistic with hairing, so it depends what you are looking for. Yes it will look better haired and fully repainted with the interrogation look but I don't think that will improve the likeness of it. If you go the custom route you can buy Creg's 5.0 sculpt since its the same size as the HT one, but it might cost a bit to get that haired and painted.

Last edited:
Very late to the party. This is my first comic book statue of any kind. I finalized my order for the exclusive recently. Coming from Mattel's WWE line which is excellent, I'm looking forward to starting my HT collection. I'm beyond shocked at all of the complaining in the first 44 pages of this thread. What was that about?

Looks like joker will be on his way soon from sideshow!
82d4f61696ec7dcf1ec281575d167780.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Also did you order the exclusive or the regular edition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got the exclusive, had the regular on wait list but didn't know when we would get him, didn't want to pay all at once so cancelled.

Got the exclusive, had the regular on wait list but didn't know when we would get him, didn't want to pay all at once so cancelled.

Ah ok so I might have to wait more then. Did not got the email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received an email notification right now also but it's a confirmation for the order which is the exact same confirmation email I recieved when I placed the initial order. [emoji848] hmm.

I just received an email notification right now also but it's a confirmation for the order which is the exact same confirmation email I recieved when I placed the initial order. [emoji848] hmm.
Maybe a screw up?

Back