Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they would give us one more head sculpt and paint the whole head the way the painted half is painted.

Lol. I am all for having 2.. but complaining for 3, ha... I agree though the filly painted sculpt should looking lile the half painted one. His scars are completely hidden by the red paint

The half painted face makes me even more excited. Day 1 order without a doubt. I really like that idea. It makes the piece stand out even more to me and can be interpreted as a nice little tribute to Ledger as the Joker

The half painted face makes me even more excited. Day 1 order without a doubt. I really like that idea. It makes the piece stand out even more to me and can be interpreted as a nice little tribute to Ledger as the Joker

:goodpost:

Not sure if JC is implying anything, but he liked my comment about a 1/6 Joker 3.0.
4cc186aa6ea84dc4a6848f8c58a8228b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How does it make any sense whatsoever, though? Like, literally, the only possible posing option would be him in the make-up chair with some 1/4 scale random dude applying make-up to his face. It's not like he'd show up to set like that, so, it's just...yeah, it's dumb. If you want to pay tribute to the guy, pay tribute to the character he portrayed, not just in how he looks, but how he acted. That's what's so disappointing about this. His performance was incredibly expressive and they haven't managed to hit any of that.

Ill be that guy. Its freaking awesome! Glad i can finally add a hot toys joker to my collection. Would i prefer a laughing sculpt? Of course. But they could have easily not add any other sculpt. That half paint is very sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think next year they will show a 1/6 version of this guy. Probably the same figure, but smaller, and maybe without the Ledger sculpt.

As far as the exclusive sculpt on the 1/4, I think it's very cool. Ironically, it's the closest thing to a behind the scenes image of Ledger in makeup, since WB doesn't want to release any behind the scenes material for some reason...:dunno

I think next year they will show a 1/6 version of this guy. Probably the same figure, but smaller, and maybe without the Ledger sculpt.

As far as the exclusive sculpt on the 1/4, I think it's very cool. Ironically, it's the closest thing to a behind the scenes image of Ledger in makeup, since WB doesn't want to release any behind the scenes material for some reason...:dunno

Would that one have likeness perhaps?

We've had behind the scenes photos of heath in makeup released. This is still ridiculous. As if he would have half of his face painted at any time during the process.

I think for new collectors, this piece is exciting and a chance to obtain a character they maybe missed out on.

For those of us who have been here since the 2008 V1 days, it may not be quite the progress we had hoped for but I don't speak for everyone.

Would that one have likeness perhaps?

I think it's about time someone other than Yulli sculpts a Joker, maybe the person who sculpted Letoker, but the exclusive sculpt shows that her sculpt looks like Ledger.

We've had behind the scenes photos of heath in makeup released. This is still ridiculous. As if he would have half of his face painted at any time during the process.

Not enough official behind the scenes footage or images, IMO.

Don't like the head on this. Glad to see the pipe and pistol are finally made, too bad it's not 1/6. All Hot Toys needs to do is a bazooka and they're set. The transition face is cool, but I would have preferred a better headsculpt with the jail cell paint. A grinning face would have been nice, but with the exception of the extra DX 11 head, Hot Toys had always made their Joker's brooding and unamused. Makes me mad that they do something like this, but no paint smeared "boo" face for Jack.

1/4 Nicholson Party Man Joker when

Weird choice of a head sculpt but great release, overall. Will be cool to see all the custom heads that will be made for this. That is what I'm looking forward to the most.

How does it make any sense whatsoever, though? Like, literally, the only possible posing option would be him in the make-up chair with some 1/4 scale random dude applying make-up to his face. It's not like he'd show up to set like that, so, it's just...yeah, it's dumb. If you want to pay tribute to the guy, pay tribute to the character he portrayed, not just in how he looks, but how he acted. That's what's so disappointing about this. His performance was incredibly expressive and they haven't managed to hit any of that.

I don't think it's fully a tribute to just HL though. From the text, it's also a tribute to JC Hong and Yulli so in that respect it makes sense that half it fully painted with make up and the other half is fleshtone painted to show off more of the likeness in the actual sculpt

To be honest I don't look for a 'tribute to JC Hong and Yulli' when I buy a figure for my shelf.

Perhaps that's just me.

To be honest I don't look for a 'tribute to JC Hong and Yulli' when I buy a figure for my shelf.

Perhaps that's just me.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure they deserve one; Yulli, at least. :lol Had HT stopped with the metaphorical **** riding and actually looked to outside talent for once, there's a good chance we'd probably have a definitive Joker, by now, or, at least, closer than what we've got.

Back