Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any reviews or cellphone pictures of this figure?

It’s weird that this release has felt so “dead”.

Seriously? He only released 24 hours ago lol. It's Easter weekend, even those buying from Hong Kong likely won't get it before the middle of next week.

No doubt this will be a very popular figure. Give it a few days.

Yes but there are usually a couple Hong Kong collectors who put up pics/videos same day of release, like Jenkin Wong. ToysTV used to have stuff up immediately for Hot Toys figures but not so much anymore it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks really bad to me, even the hair color is wrong and dull. The face expression is dead and inaccurate. The size, I think it's not even quarter scale, the enterbay one is way bigger

Did the DX11 get some backlash about the head sculpt when it was first released? If so, was that the reason why hot toys released the dx11 2.0? I wasnt into hot toys back then so I'm curious if it(dx11) received the same type of criticism. I personally like this qs010 and will definitely keep my preorder but I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Hot Toys will do a repeat of the past release a QS010 2.0...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Very interesting that it basically looks like an upscaled DX11 with a different sculpt. Shoes and coat look like they are made of the exact same materials, basically has the same gun/knife accessories, etc. I think that’s a bad sign for anyone waiting on a Joker 3.0, seems like HT don’t think there was much room for improvement on that one besides the sculpt.

Also worrying that in the video he says the stand doesn’t do a good job holding up the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the DX11 get some backlash about the head sculpt when it was first released? If so, was that the reason why hot toys released the dx11 2.0? I wasnt into hot toys back then so I'm curious if it(dx11) received the same type of criticism. I personally like this qs010 and will definitely keep my preorder but I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Hot Toys will do a repeat of the past release a QS010 2.0...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DX11 was the 2.0 version of Joker. The DX01 I believe was the 1.0, and there was a regular MMS Joker even before that. I was browsing that thread again recently and it seemed like most people were quite happy with the DX11 sculpt.

Looks really bad to me, even the hair color is wrong and dull. The face expression is dead and inaccurate. The size, I think it's not even quarter scale, the enterbay one is way bigger

I normally prefer seeing in hand videos than photos as the figures tend to shine more but, wow.

This looks poor from head to toe. Such a shame. :(

Was considering a custom head but even the outfit is off in so many areas and doesn’t hang too well. Shoes look oversized also.

I reeeally don’t like how the back of his vest looks - especially when compared to the Enterbay. Yikes.

The sculpt is horribly boring but I still think it’s Hot Toys’ best attempt at Ledger Joker. Here’s something I put together while messing around.

v3iTMXy.jpg

rSiv7iF.jpg

The pictures of the actual figure are from FC4D’s review that was posted above.

This is the first time I’ve thought a figure would actually benefit from PERS.

I normally prefer seeing in hand videos than photos as the figures tend to shine more but, wow.

This looks poor from head to toe. Such a shame. :(

Was considering a custom head but even the outfit is off in so many areas and doesn’t hang too well. Shoes look oversized also.

The shoes are enormous.

f27d6e4e120fa2b32fe41afe6a15ced7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just for comparison:

Coat colour is way off, tailoring is poor and hangs like crap.

I mean wow. They really don’t seem to have given a **** about this one.

Well compared to what you guys would pay to have this thing completely custom to your specs. This mass produced figure is cheap and made for the mainstream collector.

I will almost bet that the reason this lackluster product was delayed for so long is because it wasn’t high on their release schedule. Now was the time for them to profit or not loose money from its release so here it is finally.

Is it lackluster? Sure. But it probably cost them next to nothing to make it and was made fairly quickly. On the damn fly it was. [emoji23]

Feel sorrier for me. I paid $2,000 for the 1/2 scale and will probably repaint the head for another $1,000 Lol.

It may not be true 1/4 scale but neither was the QS001. They are both in scale with each other which is the important thing. Doesn't matter how it scales to the Enterbay. The EB Batman is noticeably bigger than the HT Batman.

Having watched the video I still think the tailoring and overall quality is very good. Coat is totally different colour to the DX11 so not sure how anyone can say they are the same.

To get a first rate Ledger Joker the heads will need be rooted and repainted but we knew that already. I'm fine with the underlying sculpt.

Back