Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not caked at all here it is in bright light View attachment 451024

Ah okay.

Yeah, looks great. But I’m more into the one I posted earlier. Probably not accurate to the character but I think it would be easy to do and fits the sad mood of the 1/2 scale sculpt I have.

266fcc6d44859a7f23c433673b634636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reeeally don’t like how the back of his vest looks - especially when compared to the Enterbay. Yikes.

The sculpt is horribly boring but I still think it’s Hot Toys’ best attempt at Ledger Joker. Here’s something I put together while messing around.

v3iTMXy.jpg

rSiv7iF.jpg

The pictures of the actual figure are from FC4D’s review that was posted above.

Yeah due to that open mouth expression. It doesn't really look anything like Ledger when u compare it to those comparison pics, the nose is not accurate and the mouth just looks weird. However, on some angles it doesn't look too bad like the one below.

57239080_10156184422792344_6028521289004613632_n.jpg

This is the first time I’ve thought a figure would actually benefit from PERS.

They won't use PERS at such a large scale because it's obvious the sculpt has plastic eyes, and thus, looks more like a toy. Heck even their 1/6th sculpts with PERS look toyish.

Last edited:
Seriously? He only released 24 hours ago lol. It's Easter weekend, even those buying from Hong Kong likely won't get it before the middle of next week.

No doubt this will be a very popular figure. Give it a few days.

What the hell does this even mean. There are prob tons of people who have this in hand already. Usually videos and pics are put out immediately with other figures right after the HK release....

After seeing that video this is for sure a half assed job by Hot toys.

For a start the size of it is way to small a head smaller than enterbay which might explain why the shoes look big.
The hair sculpt is sloppy, the shirt pattern seems faded and mis coloured, the chain should be silver not gold.

Also the coat is way to baggy. :slap

For the price I'd rather just go Enterbay. Even the base is tacky as hell Hot toys got sloppy. :dunno

Still looks pretty great to me. You can nitpick anything to death and then just find no enjoyment in it which seems like such a waste. I'm all for pointing out major flaws if it means getting better products, but it's always amplified with Ledger Joker's. I guess people are expecting custom quality for $500?

Also the color of the suit is closer to how the actual costume looks in real life as opposed to on film. Some may not like this but for myself I'm indifferent.

aaff30d4fb45f9a3802083e2a38d4794.jpg

Still looks pretty great to me. You can nitpick anything to death and then just find no enjoyment in it which seems like such a waste. I'm all for pointing out major flaws if it means getting better products, but it's always amplified with Ledger Joker's. I guess people are expecting custom quality for $500?

Also the color of the suit is closer to how the actual costume looks in real life as opposed to on film. Some may not like this but for myself I'm indifferent.

View attachment 451035

Agreed it looks fantastic and very much like Ledger to me- as always opinions are subjective

View attachment 451035

Yeah for $500 I think it’s great. Custom would cost 3 times as much right? So I don’t understand the complaining.

I like it for the price. If it was more money , like $1,000 then I could see why people would loose their ****.

I've just accepted Ledger's likeness is very hard to nail. Probably because he never looked the same in any two scenes. Even the Prime 1 sculpt is very divisive.

It's a shame Hot Toys can't mass produce good quality rooted hair. Having some hair coming forward towards his face would really sell the likeness.

I've just accepted Ledger's likeness is very hard to nail. Probably because he never looked the same in any two scenes. Even the Prime 1 sculpt is very divisive.

It's a shame Hot Toys can't mass produce good quality rooted hair. Having some hair coming forward towards his face would really sell the likeness.

He looks different in all of those scenes in The Dark Night. With a makeup character I could see how hard it would be to nail.

Even these customs that people are having done, they all have different looks. I don’t know how your going to make everyone happy when there are so many looks the joker had in the film?

And is it costly to add real hair to the figure vs sculpted hair? Even then, can you pull off all the looks he had in the film with real hair?

8a44728658a117e8fd69d7e48caacce5.jpg
4e7e398aac935a8276e1e9cce5e12ea9.jpg
086b9bc1e659111bfa50edb561c7a4e7.jpg
440614529141f95cf10ca13862ad83a9.jpg
62f2ac9111d6b2aeacb64159f0f91455.jpg
ee0ad7cc90ff5414f4f1b65a6b70fe2e.jpg
bf31cb0df41053005ff440e40f52047f.jpg
48831fb1d22310f5d8fe4fe281953684.jpg

He looks different in all of those scenes in The Dark Night. With a makeup character I could see how hard it would be to nail.

Even these customs that people are having done, they all have different looks. I don’t know how your going to make everyone happy when there are so many looks the joker had in the film?

And is it costly to add real hair to the figure vs sculpted hair? Even then, can you pull off all the looks he had in the film with real hair?

They just need to replicate this face:

4e7e398aac935a8276e1e9cce5e12ea9.jpg

But we got another John Connor from Terminator salvation:

terminator-salvation-john-connor-fig-12-pulg-hot-toys-D_NQ_NP_13372-MLM73663094_7171-F.jpg

Not sure how costly it is but every figure I've had with rooted hair, the hair has been terrible, cheap and doll like. The custom Joker's with rooted hair look amazing but mass produced sculpts haven't come close yet.

Still even with the sculpted hair they could have sculpted some strands coming forward as they did with Harley Quinn and the Arkham Joker.

I've just accepted Ledger's likeness is very hard to nail. Probably because he never looked the same in any two scenes.

That's true but you think they would be able to achieve the look in at least one scene, so far they have been unable to capture his likeness really well from any scene from the movie.

Even the Prime 1 sculpt is very divisive.

It is, but that's because it doesn't capture the essence of the character, it just looks like Ledger with Joker make up. People want a sculpt that captures both the likeness and essence and only Adam's smiling sculpt does both.

smiling.jpg

Last edited:
Having watched the video I still think the tailoring and overall quality is very good. Coat is totally different colour to the DX11 so not sure how anyone can say they are the same.

The coat material is extremely similar to the DX11 if not exactly the same. Hard to tell with the different scales. But the same materials/fabrics can come in a variety of colors. At the very least, the design choice of a fuzzy/suede coat was done in the same spirit of the DX11.

79efeecc5462c72799c861da13407790.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the 1:4th coat is the same material as the DX 11 well damn you HTs! another nail in coffin for not getting parts from this release...or the entire release. The alternate HS is just a strange choice by Hot Toys. A smiling HS would have been epic...fak

Edit: just watched the video:

Will pick up the HT shoes, and vest and chain rig--the rest looks meh...

:)rotfl at the scale difference between HTs and Enterbay's... the HT jacket looks very poor--arm length too short and overall length to the legs ...just pitiful by HTs)

Last edited:
If you want a 1/4th Ledger Joker this is most likely your last chance - also, you won't lose money on this.

And again it's going to be a lot better in hand.

I just felt like being positive today.

Hot Toys 1/4 scale sculpts have been good in the past. Unmasked iron man head of Tony Stark is very good and the unmasked vader protype is outstanding.

They’ve really dropped the ball with this release. It looks nothing like Heath Ledger as the joker especially if you look at any of those photos of the character that’s just posted above. The chin is so pointed/narrow and thin. Ledger has as a much more rounded face.. I’m sure there’s a photo on this forum of the prototype when the pre orders first went up a member photoshopped and amended the head. It looked SO much better.

Some of the photos (from what I can tell) they never even added make up on the bare hands from the character applying his make up. Which they did do on the DX11, I always thought Hot Toys were all about attention to the finest detail.

As for hot toys not being able to execute a ledger as the joker head - Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t they used the same sculptor for all the jokers they have released? She has never being able to capture ledger as the joker.

It’s a shame they never let another one of the team have a go at doing the sculpt.

It wouldn’t surprise me they recycle this current head sculpt and release 1/4 bank robber joker figure in the future as well.

I want them to let Lee So Young sculpt a Ledger Joker. I’m just tired of Yulli missing the mark every time these past 11 years, even if she is Hot Toys’ “go-to Ledger Joker sculptor” for whatever reason.

kylo-ren-let-the-past-die-gif.gif

Back