Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a rule, it's just the way the film industry works. The script says the name of the character in bold black letters and then that's the name you see in films credits. I should know.

You know nothing. What about characters who are uncredited? And you mean to tell me that every credit in every movie has their full official name in the credits? That's literally impossible and easy to prove false.

And the script doesn't mean anything either. There are plenty of scripts that will even change a character's name mid-screenplay to note some kind of transformation or preserve a spoiler or secret.

And don't write "I should know." Especially when you're wrong. You look foolish. That's just the way the Internet message board industry works.

Well technically if you want to follow the graphic novel the character was only referred to as "Eric" when he was alive. Eric Draven was made up for the film. In the comic he was a construction worker of sometype not a musician. Doesn't matter what the base/stand says to me anyway I never use them, and expression of the sculpt makes it a pass for me anyway.

I'm not against the stand saying "Eric Draven." I'm against the whiners who complained about something when they weren't even right in the first place. If you're gonna correct something you had better be correct in the first place. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Where did that rule come from? Nowhere, that's where.

Have you ever seen a movie where Supeman is credited as Superman/Clark Kent/Kal El? No. That doesn't mean all 3 aren't equally valid.

And the difference is, I'm not saying his name ISN'T "Eric Draven." I'm saying the people who say the character isn't called "The Crow" are wrong. Because they are. Undeniably.

Yeah, he can be both. All I'm saying is the script will usually use one name, unless is something like Superman, but that's because the character has a "secret" identity and wears a costume, so they have to be very specific, as to which version of the character is in the scene. As far as Eric Draven/the crow, there is no such thing as a costume or other version of the character because he always looks the same in every scene, so the script just says Eric, even when he is "The Crow."

I'm not against the stand saying "Eric Draven." I'm against the whiners who complained about something when they weren't even right in the first place. If you're gonna correct something you had better be correct in the first place. It's a pet peeve of mine.

You won't rest until they eat crow!

Yeah, he can be both. All I'm saying is the script will usually use one name, unless is something like Superman, but that's because the character has a "secret" identity and wears a costume, so they have to be very specific, as to which version of the character is in the scene. As far as Eric Draven/the crow, there is no such thing as a costume or other version of the character because he always looks the same in every scene, so the script just says Eric, even when he is "The Crow."

Which has to do with anything... why? This is just an unnecessary digression.

The Crow/Eric (Draven) is no different than any other superhero alter ego situation.

Well technically if you want to follow the graphic novel the character was only referred to as "Eric" when he was alive. Eric Draven was made up for the film.

:exactly:

The DVD commentary refers to them settling on the name "D raven" as a pun on crow, and also that the birds used in the film were ravens and not crows.

The whole "Draven" thing is way too "on-the-nose" and is actually kinda a groaner if you think about it. But we all accept it because we've been exposed to it for 20 years and most of us were pretty young back then when we first heard it.

If you came up with the name "Draven" in "The Crow" as a screenwriter today you'd be eviscerated online.

Don't look now but the thread is named The Crow "Brandon Lee".

He's never referred as Brandon or Lee in the comics or film.:lol

oh boy, we've reached the point of no return...the point in this thread where the stand is nit-picked. This debate will go on for days, weeks, probably months, and even after the figure is released. This thread is dead; you guys murdered it.

It shall be resurrected in 1 years time to extract revenge on us all. We're all dead, we just don't know it yet!

...I'm just playing around guys. i know it's a discussion board and we're all just havin' fun discussin'. That being said, I'm fine with either being used on the nameplate. And look at it this way, if they use "Eric Draven" on the nameplate, there will still be "The Crow" on the stand part, so best of both worlds if you ask me!

Which has to do with anything... why? This is just an unnecessary digression.

The Crow/Eric (Draven) is no different than any other superhero alter ego situation.

You mention Superman in a previous post. I'm just explaining to you how writing scripts work. All I'm saying is that in the script the "official" name of the character is just Eric Draven, and usually (not always) that's the name they will use in the film's credits. Unlike Superman, Spiderman or other characters with a secret identity, alter egos or a secret within the story, like Ras al Ghul, The Crow/ Eric Draven does not alternate costumes/ identities in the film, nor does any of the other character in the film call him The Crow (unlike most superhero with an "official" name/alter ego like superman) so they just call him Eric Draven. Therefore, if the AFI, the WGA or even the IMDB mentions the character or puts him on a list of "best film characters", they will probably use the "official" name written in the script, which is Eric Draven, not The Crow....even though technically he is both. As far as the HT figure goes, I could care less which name they use on the nameplate, since I'm not even going to use it and most people I know will just call it The Crow...maybe Sting, when they see it.

Last edited:
Dude, stop. Just... no.

It's so easy proving you wrong. The AFI's heroes/villains lists list T-800 on both lists. In the scripts to both Terminators that's what the character is called: Terminator.

That one immediately jumped out at me. I'm sure you could find other examples that prove you're even more hilariously wrong.

Dude, stop. Just... no.

It's so easy proving you wrong. The AFI's heroes/villains lists list T-800 on both lists. In the scripts to both Terminators that's what the character is called: Terminator.

That one immediately jumped out at me. I'm sure you could find other examples that prove you're even more hilariously wrong.

Yes, so? That's what he is and what the other characters call it in the film. They (the characters) always call him The Terminator. Not sure what your point is? Does the The Crow script call him the crow? No. Do the other characters call him the crow? No. Unlike the Terminator...

You're the one hilariously hung up on what this nonsense notion that WGA and/or AFI is some sort of final authority on the actual name of a character.

You're the one hilariously hung up on what this nonsense notion that WGA and/or AFI is some sort of final authority on the actual name of a character.

I agree with you on that. I'm not talking about the character....just the movie, which means nothing...and you know why they don't call him the crow in the script? Because there is an actual crow/bird in the movie, so it would be very confusing for the actors and the director to tell which Crow is doing what...so they call him Eric Draven for practical reasons... it's all BS...He is The Crow, you are right about that.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the character or figure being called The Crow. I doubt movies or comics would sell as well if they were called Eric Draven, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker etc. The super (or anti) hero is what we pay to see.

Back