Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the movie and soundtrack and I can't wait to get this figure! Hot Toys did a superb job on this, the lightning rod weapon is a must have.
I better start saving now if I have any hope to get this on the shelf.

What Joker are they working on now? Christ will it ever end?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131651

People keep buying, so why stop producing??

Oh ****ing HELL no.. :lol
Afraid of a lil' futzing, are you? :nana:

Agreed real hair sucks and i dont want to have to style and comb it. Why the hell is his coat
that big that it gets in the way of his hair anyway? If his shoulders weren't so big the
coat could slimmer and conform better so it wouldn't be in the way right?
I dunno about how tailoring outfits for figures works but narrower shoulders won't make the coat sit lower so as to not to interfere with the hair sculpt.

Actually I think rooted hair, when done correctly makes a figure look better. Sure most have the cheap plastic doll hair but if they'd use something a little better the results could work great.
picture.php
:exactly:
Sorry for not replying when you posted the pics earlier. That is cool indeed!

One of my problems with rooted hair is how unnatural and artificial the hairline looks. There's usually a gap or a seam between the sculpt and the hair, unless the character wears a bandana like Tonto or Jack Sparrow. What if the do a combination of sculpted and real hair? Could that work? Usually figures with long hair like the joker and Loki and now the crow have several layers of sculpted hair, so what if the first layer is sculpted so that the hairline looks natural, and then the second or third layer uses real hair? It might look ridiculous...
I agree that rooted hair will most probably be plagued with QC issues on a mass produced figure. And you are right about the seam at the hairline *cough*Catwoman*cough*

Regarding the combination of sculpted and real hair, umm, I guess we first have to see how well it can be executed.

What if the do a combination of sculpted and real hair? Could that work? Usually figures with long hair like the joker and Loki and now the crow have several layers of sculpted hair, so what if the first layer is sculpted so that the hairline looks natural, and then the second or third layer uses real hair?
I don't think that would look good at all.. personally.

I think - as shown to date, sculpted hair (depending on length of course) can / does look excellent. I'm concerned that a possible HT Julie Newmar Catwoman figure, could have the rooted hair treatment - & that's one of my grails.

However, her hair is heavily styled with that classic 60s 'bouncy' look.. so hopefully they can still sculpt it & it not restrict her head movement terribly.

I don't think that would look good at all.. personally.

I think - as shown to date, sculpted hair (depending on length of course) can / does look excellent. I'm concerned that a possible HT Julie Newmar Catwoman figure, could have the rooted hair treatment - & that's one of my grails.

However, her hair is heavily styled with that classic 60s 'bouncy' look.. so hopefully they can still sculpt it & it not restrict her head movement terribly.

Rooted hair is the reason i didn't get the avengers black widow, it looked barbie and ruined the figure's look for me.:(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131651

People keep buying, so why stop producing??

Afraid of a lil' futzing, are you? :nana:

I dunno about how tailoring outfits for figures works but narrower shoulders won't make the coat sit lower so as to not to interfere with the hair sculpt.

:exactly:
Sorry for not replying when you posted the pics earlier. That is cool indeed!

I agree that rooted hair will most probably be plagued with QC issues on a mass produced figure. And you are right about the seam at the hairline *cough*Catwoman*cough*

Regarding the combination of sculpted and real hair, umm, I guess we first have to see how well it can be executed.

That's not very concrete so Ill take it with a grain of salt atm.

I have a cool idea for a diorama. It's basically the outside of his apartment with the giant circular window.

I was thinking the same thing, but even though I would be OK with the damage to his clothes, the look on his face (the Toothy smile) just wouldn't go with the scene.

I really wish Hot Toys would give us a second head sculpt with a closed mouth and more serious look.

I have a cool idea for a diorama. It's basically the out side of his apartment with the giant circular window.

I agree with Dollmanron the smile sculpt would make it look weird As Hell...

You can do it of course. but it wont look right If I was to see it.

it would look freaky actually,
it's like, what is the crow smiling at? the clouds? the sky?

I agree with Dollmanron the smile sculpt would make it look weird As Hell...

You can do it of course. but it wont look right If I was to see it.

it would look freaky actually,
it's like, what is the crow smiling at? the clouds? the sky?

Another idea was a giant table with guns and drugs and stuff. I suppose that would go more along with the sculpt.

Another idea was a giant table with guns and drugs and stuff. I suppose that would go more along with the sculpt.

I think that would be the best.

The window idea might still work, I don't know.

If I got this figure the only way I could pose it would be with the arms raised up.
It wouldn't look right any other way for me. I know that's being picky but It's the only pose that goes well with the smile

I think that would be the best.

The window idea might still work, I don't know.

If I got this figure the only way I could pose it would be with the arms raised up.
It wouldn't look right any other way for me. I know that's being picky but It's the only pose that goes well with the smile

Yeah, I think the table would be best. The window/apartment would be cool, it wouldn't be scene specific but would be a cool set up.

^ Definitely a more iconic look for him.

And doll hair? You won't possibly be able to achieve the exact kind of artistic control over the look as you would with sculpture. Please folks, start thinking like artists!

^ Definitely a more iconic look for him.

And doll hair? You won't possibly be able to achieve the exact kind of artistic control over the look as you would with sculpture. Please folks, start thinking like artists!

Yeah those CM statues with rooted hair look really ****, no style at all,right? :rolleyes2

Yeah those CM statues with rooted hair look really ****, no style at all,right? :rolleyes2

Those are actually closer to 1:3 scale. Much bigger. Easier to get the right look. And even then I still think those aren't that great for the price.

Not to mention the hair on those are individually punched into the silicone.

Those are actually closer to 1:3 scale. Much bigger. Easier to get the right look.

Hmm True but I have a few Joker sculpts by Zach with rooted hair and they look fine. So do the ones that Bobby C made, it might be harder at 1/6th scale but it is possible. Why wouldn't it work for this figure? Is it because PVC is too hard of a substance to have rooted hair?

And even then I still think those aren't that great for the price.

Not to mention the hair on those are individually punched into the silicone.

Are you saying that is harder to do because they are individually punched in or saying because silicon is quite soft that it is easier to puncture in? :confused:

Last edited:

Well if 1/6 is any indication, yeah it looks like garbage. CM Reeve anyone? Get outta town son.

No, unless you have the skill of a hairstylist, rooted hair is a real liability. The amount of time and material it would take to sculpt the hair and fix it in place is completely unrealistic. Then add uniformity to boot... It just doesn't work at this scale.

Well if 1/6 is any indication, yeah it looks like garbage. CM Reeve anyone? Get outta town son.

Ok I agree with that but most look fine.

No, unless you have the skill of a hairstylist, rooted hair is a real liability. The amount of time and material it would take to sculpt the hair and fix it in place is completely unrealistic. Then add uniformity to boot... It just doesn't work at this scale.

You do make a good point, I am not saying this should or should not have rooted hair, personally I prefer sculpted hair. I am just saying it can work in 1/6th scale because I think Bobby Cs and Zack's Jokers are proof of that.

Ok I agree with that but most look fine.

You do make a good point, I am not saying this should or should not have rooted hair, personally I prefer sculpted hair. I am just saying it can work in 1/6th scale because I think Bobby Cs and Zack's Jokers are proof of that.

They are proof that you have some incredibly talented individuals who can focus their talent on a few pieces, but I cringe whenever I hear it being mass produced by an outfit like Hot Toys.

Back