Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem with the character or figure being called The Crow. I doubt movies or comics would sell as well if they were called Eric Draven, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker etc. The super (or anti) hero is what we pay to see.

I agree. So does that mean you don't want to see a Dr. Henry Walton Jones, Jr film? :)

Last edited:
Head is NOT too big.

HT heads are usually too small... this size is perfect.

up_5.jpg

78021_003.jpg

it's just that the shortness hurts the likeness in the front view.

should still touch the shoulder even at the sides..the front on view shows it up more..

I agree about the hair.

yes the back might be a little bit longer but from the front this figure really doesn't look good. It just doesn't.

The hair needed to be longer in the front and I could have been a little bit longer.
He looks really weird. It just looks odd. I really don't like it.

I would be willing to accept the smile sculpt, but the hair is something that If I get the figure it will bug me every time I looked at it. It is just TOO SHORT! :monkey2

It's like, I cannot Not see it. Even if the hair in the movie wasn't that long, it still was a little longer than the figure.

I now I mentioned this before but the hair makes this figure look like it is based on the Crow sequel.

The biggest problem for me is that they Could have made the hair longer and it Would NOT interfere with the movement of the head.
The hair needed to end around his neck. Not around his cheeks! :slap

I agree about the hair.

yes the back might be a little bit longer but from the front this figure really doesn't look good. It just doesn't.

The hair needed to be longer in the front and I could have been a little bit longer.
He looks really weird. It just looks odd. I really don't like it.

I would be willing to accept the smile sculpt, but the hair is something that If I get the figure it will bug me every time I looked at it. It is just TOO SHORT! :monkey2

It's like, I cannot Not see it. Even if the hair in the movie wasn't that long, it still was a little longer than the figure.

I now I mentioned this before but the hair makes this figure look like it is based on the Crow sequel.

The biggest problem for me is that they Could have made the hair longer and it Would NOT interfere with the movement of the head.
The hair needed to end around his neck. Not around his cheeks! :slap

Yeah even though youre right about the hair i could live with it, however in that reference photo his shoulders are very narrow.
The figure body has very broad shoulders :huh .

:lecture They need to change to a narrow shoulder type.

yeah Brandon lost a lot of weight for the role.he went very lean.and at 5'11''ish he would suit a narrower shoulder body even though he was still pretty ripped.

On the whole hair thing.. it is noticeably shorter than the film and this is most apparent in the publicity photos without the figure's coat.. however I suspect the coat is the issue.. imho, the hair has been sculpted shorter to retain articulation, over the collar of the coat.. no?

.. and I want black make-up (even in the mouth area).. plus 'The Crow' in huge, bold, flickering red (to simulate flame) LED lettering on the stand!
:)

Last edited:
I saw the prototype. The hair does look a little too short in front. Hot Toys did make amendment in the past if they hear enough voice from potential buyers.

your guessing right about the hair/coat issue..but if that's the case,stick a Vincent perez sculpt on rather than the ''short haired'' brandon:wink1:

your guessing right about the hair/coat issue..but if that's the case,stick a Vincent perez sculpt on rather than the ''short haired'' brandon:wink1:

..or have two head sculpts, one with shorter hair and 'grinning' face for coat stance.. and one with longer hair, 'RL' purplish black make-up around the mouth, slightly faded overall make-up, serious face and 'Eric Draven' stand, for coatless stance?.. then fans can complain about the price and the size of his 'lunchbox'? :wink1:

What I dont get is why couldn't the front hair end here:

iCX2HOG.jpg

around the chin area.

I mean, It would only be a couple of hair strands being longer, the very front strands of hair.
2, 3 strands of hair being longer it's all I would need for this figure to be good. :gah:

I mean, It would only be a couple of hair strands being longer, the very front strands of hair.
2, 3 strands of hair being longer it's all I would need for this figure to be good. :gah:

As opposed to being absolutely horrible right now? :)

People are speculating that the Joker that Howard Chan stated they are working on might have rooted hair as an improvisation over the 2.0 Joker.

IMO, why not go for rooted hair on this figure?

People are speculating that the Joker that Howard Chan stated they are working on might have rooted hair as an improvisation over the 2.0 Joker.

What Joker are they working on now? Christ will it ever end?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Agreed real hair sucks and i dont want to have to style and comb it. Why the hell is his coat
that big that it gets in the way of his hair anyway? If his shoulders weren't so big the
coat could slimmer and conform better so it wouldn't be in the way right?

Actually I think rooted hair, when done correctly makes a figure look better. Sure most have the cheap plastic doll hair but if they'd use something a little better the results could work great.
picture.php

I honestly don't think HT can make the rooted hair work for this figure or the Joker, at least not for a mass produced figure. Their hair might be too complex to get right in this scale. I know the gave Black Widow and Tonto rooted hair, but those hair "styles" are more simple. Tonto's hair is just long dry straight hair, but The Crow and The Joker's hair are very similar in that they are long, but not too long, and their hair always looks wet/greasy, not to mention, how wavy and messy it is with all those curls. So I say, keep using sculpted hair for these guys.

I just wouldn't buy a figure with rooted hair - period.

Not because of the 'dolly factor'.. but because of partly what TCPoC just mentioned to a degree - mass production resulting in haphazard QC, & the fact that I just don't like the way it looks, the concept - none of it.

Thank God some of my faves haven't / won't be getting it. :pray:

One of my problems with rooted hair is how unnatural and artificial the hairline looks. There's usually a gap or a seam between the sculpt and the hair, unless the character wears a bandana like Tonto or Jack Sparrow. What if the do a combination of sculpted and real hair? Could that work? Usually figures with long hair like the joker and Loki and now the crow have several layers of sculpted hair, so what if the first layer is sculpted so that the hairline looks natural, and then the second or third layer uses real hair?

Last edited:
Back