Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick pics...

IM2.jpg

and some of my others...

IM1.jpg

Great pics bro!! I get mine tomorrow!! :yess::hi5:

Can't wait to get my Mark VI, should be here Thursday but damn I really want a Mark IV after seeing this picture lol!

What is the going rate for a Mark IV? I'd happily drop £180 or so on one.

Also has anyone seen the Mark VI Promo on ebay UK? Has about 14 bids and is at £285? Is that the same as this one??

You should wait until the Gantry w/ Mark IV comes out. I'm sure there will be people who will sell their Mark IVs.

Good point actually, if anyone is willing to sell one on here let me know, I can link you to my eBay account (feedback over 700:)).

edit - I did think about getting the gantry myself because the packaging is lovely but not sure I would ever find space to display it! Shame because it does look good.

Got mine, and of course I'm taking the armor off of his left arm to put on the missile pieces and the peg breaks on one of the pieces. I was being super careful too, argh. Why Hot Toys why? Just make it magnetic. >.< Now I can't get the peg piece out of the arm. I have no idea what to do in this situation. It also looks like Tony Stark's head is missing a tiny bit of paint on his hairline on his forehead.

Last edited:
Mine came, and it's got QC issues. >_> One side of a... back ankle cover was popped off, easy fix... but on the other leg, the pieces don't align. I *think* I can pop the pieces back in alignment, but I'm a bit nervous about manhandling it.

tonyleg.jpg

It's also DEFINITELY got one missing screw cover and one that doesn't seem to have been on when the fig was painted (it's red, but it's just red plastic and sticks out a fair amount)

tonybutt.jpg

This is my first Hot Toys, too. Sucks to have something wrong - even small things - out of the box. Exactly when does one decide it's worth complaining over? I mean, this isn't some action figure I got at Wal-Mart, but I assume the process is annoying and probably involves getting the whole fig replaced...

I have to admit, I'm pretty annoyed that something that would have been so EASY for them to fix was missed, and that now it's my problem it most likely will be very hard to fix. Getting it right the first time is the way to go, man.

I know what you mean. I'm concerned even if I contact Hot Toys they'll tell me "We can't do anything about your broken armor piece" or "We don't have any replacements, you can only get a return and refund". :(

I just glued the broken piece back to the peg and I guess I'll never be able to display him properly with his arm missiles now, which really *$*(ing sucks. I'm really disappointed.

Yeah, I mean, I don't want to be down on the company, especially since this is my first experience... though it seems not to be a fluke, since I've seen a lot here re: issues. But seeing this kind of thing brings to mind "they just didn't care" /MST3K

And yeah. Magnets. Magnets all the time. For everything.

I guess I contact Sideshow about this...? :(

I'm wondering the same thing, should I contact Sideshow.. or not. :huh Don't SS do replacement parts?

Also, is it normal for his arc reactor to still glow after I turn the light off?

Got mine in, of course the box is a bit dinged due to SS shipping it out in the brown box, but it's all good!

I'm wondering the same thing, should I contact Sideshow.. or not. :huh Don't SS do replacement parts?

Also, is it normal for his arc reactor to still glow after I turn the light off?

I'm contacting them now, so can let you know what they tell me - it's probably best to start there.

How long is it glowing for? I'd wiggle the switch, they're pretty tiny and probably easy to not get off all the way...?

I'm contacting them now, so can let you know what they tell me - it's probably best to start there.

How long is it glowing for? I'd wiggle the switch, they're pretty tiny and probably easy to not get off all the way...?

Cool, thanks. I might send them an email as well. Technically I broke the peg though... but I was super careful and I think it had to have had a stress fracture to break like it did.

Um, going on 15 minutes at least now, lol. I'll try doing that and see if it goes off.

Back