Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for anyone:

Is it normal for the light up feature on the eyes to dim after a while? If I shut it off and then turn it back on the eyes light up normally and then fade every time it's left on for several minutes. Is this just bad HT batteries, bad wiring, or a normal function? Never had an IM before and want to know if it is faulty or just needs some non-cheap-o batteries.

Any help is appreciated.

This is why someone should sell me their Midas, MISB, preferably. For $150, due to the QC issues. I only want what's fair. ;)
:goodpost: :rotfl
Question for anyone:

Is it normal for the light up feature on the eyes to dim after a while? If I shut it off and then turn it back on the eyes light up normally and then fade every time it's left on for several minutes. Is this just bad HT batteries, bad wiring, or a normal function? Never had an IM before and want to know if it is faulty or just needs some non-cheap-o batteries.

Any help is appreciated.

Yep. Batteries usually

It's not even close, a lot of the parts are done in clear plastic. Mark VII parts are used it many other armors. You you are pretty wrong too. The Mark VII sold out within a couple months of release back in 2013. So your statement is false.

Never said my statement was true, just a theory. Just because a piece sells out doesn't mean every figure is gone, some are kept for replacement parts etc... Three parts done in clear plastic doesn't mean they didn't reuse the figure. Not saying they intentionally used bad figures, but it's not impossible to repaint what's left, add a couple of new pieces and ship it out.

Few posts deleted.
if you cannot express an opinion respectfully and without insults then dont post at all.
in addition, posting pics/gifs/material that are insulting and avoid the language filter will not be tolerated.
I hope certain posters will act a little more constructively and within both the rules of the forum/ code of conduct. If not we will take it further with infractions and/or banning.
Thank you.
x :duff

Last edited:
I finally got around to displaying this guy... while this figure looks awesome, it feels cheap. Random parts keep falling off, the light switch for the Arc Reactor was broken and the paper/material with the base logo keeps popping up.

I must sound like a complete idiot, but the pillar/rod doesn't even screw in to the base? Am I supposed to cut the rubber down to get it to fit in to the screw hole?

I finally got around to displaying this guy... while this figure looks awesome, it feels cheap. Random parts keep falling off, the light switch for the Arc Reactor was broken and the paper/material with the base logo keeps popping up.

I must sound like a complete idiot, but the pillar/rod doesn't even screw in to the base? Am I supposed to cut the rubber down to get it to fit in to the screw hole?

I had the same issue. It seems like the threaded portion of the post isn't long enough. I used a different post and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of being a complete idiot, I got this on 7/21 and it is still in the box. I realize now that I should open and check the figure. Never had issues before and I'm probably over confident about it. Am I too late to get help from Sideshow if I have any of these problems?

It was very limited release and it sounds like they are out of replacements and replacement parts. SS has a great customer dept so if nothing else you might get a credit so it never hurts to ask.

Speaking of being a complete idiot, I got this on 7/21 and it is still in the box. I realize now that I should open and check the figure. Never had issues before and I'm probably over confident about it. Am I too late to get help from Sideshow if I have any of these problems?

I believe you have 30 days to inspect the item for issues, so unfortunately, your timeframe has passed :(

They sent me a new torso for the first issue, but they are apparently out of replacement parts for the stand/rod. They sent me this instruction sheet which didn't actually help.

Stealth Iron Man - Base Instructions.jpg

Apologies in advance if this isn't allowed but I'm hoping one of you can help me with a fix. I traded a fella my sealed mark 7 and the chest light button fell into the chest somewhere. Had anyone else had this problem and figured out a fix they could explain (or direct me to)?

The member is in france so I'll add that if anyone else is in europe would be willing to do a fix I'd be happy and GRATEFUL to send it your way. Send me a message or reply here if you have advice, thanks guys.
Mark7.jpgmark 7.jpg

Apologies in advance if this isn't allowed but I'm hoping one of you can help me with a fix. I traded a fella my sealed mark 7 and the chest light button fell into the chest somewhere. Had anyone else had this problem and figured out a fix they could explain (or direct me to)?

The member is in france so I'll add that if anyone else is in europe would be willing to do a fix I'd be happy and GRATEFUL to send it your way. Send me a message or reply here if you have advice, thanks guys.
View attachment 213035View attachment 213036

Same thing happened to me, I submitted a request for a replacement to Sideshow and they sent me a new torso to swap it out with.

I believe you have 30 days to inspect the item for issues, so unfortunately, your timeframe has passed :(

They sent me a new torso for the first issue, but they are apparently out of replacement parts for the stand/rod. They sent me this instruction sheet which didn't actually help.

View attachment 212720

Did you try enlarging the hole as previously done? The issue is they didn't cut the hole big enough. At least it fixed it for most everyone else.

Back