Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11054527_937043629660644_7773989245232300146_n.jpg

11052864_937043642993976_7949330515804027132_n.jpg

15525_937043662993974_9032042052472353890_n.jpg

1604443_937043682993972_4654379963520577263_n.jpg

more images of Iron Man on Mud

At least they should turn on the lights.

My I add there has been no or little complaining of lighting etc on the other figures in the same display case that the stealth figure is in.

You guys do understand photographing black is not very easy....? This figure probably will never look as good as it did in the promo shots, until you see it in hand....if you are basing your decision off some mediocre video quality, you might as well cancel

I'm really disappointed with how this figure looks. There most definitely is a blue tint in the promo shots. Very misleading.

THERE IS NO BLUE IN THE ARMOR....the "tint" you see if a product of the strobe and temperature of the photo!

I'm really disappointed with how this figure looks. There most definitely is a blue tint in the promo shots. Very misleading.

Your eyes mislead you. There is no mention of blue anywhere on the product page. It specifically states black. Just cancel your order and not be a scalper.

All I see in that promo pic is different shades of black, no blue. So this is like that blue/white black/gold dress thing again.

I know collectors who skipped on figures as they didn't read the product description, eg assuming the whiplash 2.0 diecast whips didn't light up, the falcon backpack didn't light up, all of which are stated in the product description that they did.

I think the lesson here, read the description and don't just rely on the picture as it is obvious that the photos need some form of artificial lighting for the promo pictures to come out.
I'm not going to quote all of your posts but what you have said is pretty much what I was expecting. To me the 'blue' was always down to the lighting, which was most likely applied as it would echo the comic where artists would mix blue in to give the reflection of blue (Batman was done this way sometimes where he wasn't intended to be blue and grey).

As for the idea that because your an Iron Man only collector you will grab anything with his name on is nonsense, in several of your videos you have said you dislike certain figures and passed on them.

I imagine from your comments on the video you have not secured one yet, so being that you are enthused in person with no money down incentive it says alot.

Still hopefull mine converts, he will make a good compliment to Python or as others said he could be the Iron Man componenter in a back ops / Dark Avengers / SHIELD squad.

What was photographed is what you're getting. The one photographed in the Promo shots and the one at the toy show. I'll take both thanks.

Thanks Budget Stark, it means you can see thru the Armor in some angles.
Then thats the way it is!!! UNIQUE!!!
Again, I have no idea what blue are we talking about here? Violet? I need it dark and translucent and I am happy enough to have this MK 7 milk.

Chest armour and rear leg flaps are dark translucent. Similar to car window tints.

THERE IS NO BLUE IN THE ARMOR....the "tint" you see if a product of the strobe and temperature of the photo!
The color reflected in the armor is partially due to the environment it's photo'd in. The strobe and color tempature of the photos are balanced for a true color before it's taken. Been in advertising directing photo shoots for 30 years...it's the environment. It looks like still images on flat printed cards surrounding the figure casts that color on to the object. Likely they had additional colored cards and/or some (not all) gelled lights out of eyesight to complete the reflections and those were same background color reflecting back on the figure along with some retouching to even out the color reflections. Same as was done for HT's original Robocop photos too.

In this case HT's wanted the color reflections on the figure to set a mood. They could easily card off the reflections from the background if they wanted.

We really need a coffee table book on HT that details their processes from start to finish. How cool would that be?

It definitely looKs darker but I don't care about the blackness. what would be more annoying is if it isn't as reflective and shiny in places.

But in the end I may just stick it in a dark unlit corner of my display. You may not be able to see it but at least it'll be stealthed...

Sorry for my dump question. If HT use light reflection skill, high tech photographic equipments to take a picture to reflect the colour they want. Why don't they just simply paint the product with that particular colour instead? ? Why gone through all the trouble?

Sorry for my dump question. If HT use light reflection skill, high tech photographic equipments to take a picture to reflect the colour they want. Why don't they just simply paint the product with that particular colour instead? ? Why gone through all the trouble?

that's the point!
i wouldnt say HT deliberately did it. i am just wondering whether their professional photographer
got it all wrong, making it look bluish but not just metallic black/matte black. :rotfl

that's the point!
i wouldnt say HT deliberately did it. i am just wondering whether their professional photographer
got it all wrong, making it look bluish but not just metallic black/matte black. :rotfl

I don't think the photographer got it wrong. The marketing team must have agreed that colour in the picture is much more representable. Which it does and it is sold out within hours. Which leads me to believe they deliberately do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or maybe they figured people would read the description before ordering. Guess they were wrong.

I still think it looks great and can't wait to get it.

Back