Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, as alt colour scheme figures/statues go, it looks far superior to the bronze Playstation All Stars EX lineup that Gaming Heads has. But.. with two expensive IM suits ordered this year (3 and 43), it doesn't seem right to me that if you are buying movie versions of IM suits, to buy one that isn't actually in a movie..

2d8jdox.png

It was either this or the Mark 3 diecast. I decided to go with this since I prefer the 'stealth' color scheme. I love all the armors but having a bunch of the similarly colored red armors just seemed aesthetically boring.

It was either this or the Mark 3 diecast. I decided to go with this since I prefer the 'stealth' color scheme. I love all the armors but having a bunch of the similarly colored red armors just seemed aesthetically boring.

Yup, that's why I'm getting both the Mark 3 and this stealth.

I think they are far and away the 2 best out there. Happy to stop there.

As for money and addiction...

Hey, I'm a gaming collector, and missed out on the 'Claptrap in a Box' edition of the Borderlands Collection, as it pre-sold out in minutes, and even then, Gamestop wouldn't ship it out of the US and Canada... but my local online gaming retailer than I use managed to get a few copies imported (which also pre-sold out in minutes) but I'm assuming someone cancelled, as the day it released I was able to buy one... (I estimate they must of only had a couple available, as again within an hour it was no longer valid for order)

So... you want to talk value for money and quality.... is it worth what it cost me to buy? (I could have bought an Xbox One for the money and had both consoles in my lounge instead) ... I don't think so. I'm sure you can buy far better quality RC Toys for that money.

Was it worth it to me?... ah damn it, YOLO.... :D

Yup, that's why I'm getting both the Mark 3 and this stealth.

I think they are far and away the 2 best out there. Happy to stop there.

Thats what I said after my 2nd IM and I basically swore off it for good after the Silver Centurion (my 9th) but now this comes along...

I am still pretty immune to the red/gold armors though....mk 43 was an easy pass and most likely so will be the mk45.

Haha I guess you're probably right. I just wanted 1 Iron Man and it turns out im getting 2. Plus I have a 20% code for the Heartbreaker which has me humming and hawing...

Having said that I'm mostly a 1:4 PF collector and there's just so many out there I want that I feel I can handle stopping at these 2 (3?) IMs. For now.

I'm going all in for AoU....okay well maybe not all in, they'll probably make 20+ figures for that one film!

Anyway, I like the 43 and the look of 45, so they are the first Iron Man suits I am going to purchase.

This one does look great. However, if I bought everything I thought looked great I would have a house full of figures and no room for it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually don't comment but when i first started collecting 5 years ago ironman was the priciest at $160 to $200 apiece. I said no frigging way am i paying that much for a toy when starwars figures where below $140. I missed out on mark 7, milk warmachine, and stealth. now you cant find them for anywhere near their release price. So i say if you like the design. Go for it. better than $600 later. I just started collecting ironman this year and was about to use my $50 sideshow credit for starboost as i like non tradtional armor then this popped up. I love black chrome. 4 ironman suits and counting.

I don't get it. :dunno It is a really cool repaint if it actually turns out metallic and the decals are nice, but the price is ridiculous. Just cause its a promo? It's a complete reuse with no new parts at all. I have both MK VII's, which is my favorite armor so far. I considered Midas but couldn't justify him either. I bet this would look awesome next to Midas. The only reason I'd consider getting it is to resell it for $$ to put towards Hulkbuster. Congrats to those who feel it's worth it.

Love the suit but I'm passing. I'm also all in on AOU and need to budget accordingly. I'd rather have the Mark 3 too. Hope every in that wants it is able to get it. Unlike some I won't buy to resell for a profit.

I'm surprised that Hot Toys isn't going to have this one ready sooner. I figured since its just a repaint and is a Movie Promo figure that it'd ship shortly after it went up for order.

I don't get it. :dunno It is a really cool repaint if it actually turns out metallic and the decals are nice, but the price is ridiculous. Just cause its a promo? It's a complete reuse with no new parts at all. I have both MK VII's, which is my favorite armor so far. I considered Midas but couldn't justify him either. I bet this would look awesome next to Midas. The only reason I'd consider getting it is to resell it for $$ to put towards Hulkbuster. Congrats to those who feel it's worth it.
Hmmm, I guess it depends on a lot of factors, though. I have none of the recent Marks, let alone variants of VII. Just this to me is a killer paint scheme if done correctly. I'm hoping that that is where the money's going with HT and this list price. It's something that if you had it done custom might be $1000.00, so if we can get it "mass produced" at $340.00, it's not so bad. If it's not as good as I'm hoping, I'll sell it at cost.

Back