Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mna8t4Jxh51qh37ixo1_250.gif

I like the look of red reflecting off him. If I get a conversion this guy is having his own shelf with changeable coloured LEDs.

I prefer the look in the second picture, but aren't they both of the prototype at the moment? the way HT have been giving us superb figures lately e.g. Star-Lord, I think this will be amazing in hand.

Please cancel. The less people buy this the rarer it becomes. Like IM secret project all over again.

:goodpost:

Peeps should read the early posts in the Silly Thing / SDCC figure thread.. with the benefit of hindsight.

I bet people will still pay a lot for this as the limited number will be the driving factor. I bet it looks decent in hand as well. Midas still looks great in hand even though he's not the same from the proto pics.

Funnily enough the prototype pictures of Midas almost put me off buying the figure because of the lighting used.. it may well be that this figure is the same, in reverse.. ie. exhibition lighting does it no favours and it will look much better in hand.. imho so far, the exhibition photos have been rather poor quality, making it extremely difficult to fully evaluate the prototype.

For example, I think it unlikely that HT would release a figure with major light leakage from the internal components, in the production version.. in fact some of the effects in that pic, look like they are reflections from another light source.
:dunno

A factor that should be considered is that the display case of the MK7 is set in an open area of a large shopping complex. This display case has lighting itself, but also reflections from the lights inside the shopping centre ceiling along with lights from other shop fronts and the sunlight coming in from the opening by the escalators. It took me a while to even get a semi-decent angle to minimise the several different light reflections.

It has been mentioned by several collectors already, photographing black objects is tough enough, but adding all the above influencing lighting factors make it even more difficult to obtain a decent image.

Have a look at the early section of this video tour I uploaded so you understand how the surroundings cause these lighting issues.

people who love this stealth suit may also consider the striker. and according to hot toys staff, the hammers are detachable.
making the striker also suitable for night mission! :rotfl

4.jpg

people who love this stealth suit may also consider the striker. and according to hot toys staff, the hammers are detachable.

View attachment 177353

I think I did a PS of the IV arms on striker a while back...... I liked the look of it. It would be perfect as a beefed up Stealth suit.... twice as sneaky, three times the power

View attachment 177353

I'm still hoping for a Mark 26 (Gamma) repaint of that, but if the hammers do indeed come off, that makes this figure infinitely more desirable. I'll wait for in hand pictures before ordering though.

I never thought the figure looked blue in the promo pics, only that it looked glossy all over.
The pics at the tour show it is only glossy in a few areas.

I never thought the figure looked blue in the promo pics, only that it looked glossy all over.
The pics at the tour show it is only glossy in a few areas.

:exactly:
I still think it looks as good as it did the first time I seen it in the promo pics... I never expected it to be blue, though I do see how people would get confused... It's the same blue hue that showed up in the promo pics for the AoU war machine bust.

I have never noticed the blue hue that some of you speak of, however i did expect the faceplate color (dont know what color it is) would be more pronounced but still looking foward to this figure. I wonder if its a monitor thing i refer to the blue tint. because I literally never thought of blue when i see that pic.

I can see blue on the head and left hand in the above picture lol. It is all just lighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think the beauty in it is in the way it reflects lights and colors as opposed to the actual color of the armor.

this is the best stealth suit mark 7 photo i have seen so far. in black of course! :rotfl

View attachment 177367

No regrets on grabbing this one. People judging it off of Cell Phone pics through glass......well they can be happy they didnt grab it (or are just trashing it because they didnt). Looks smooth, and will look great on the shelf next to the other armors.

Back