Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version) AOU

*sigh* another mark 7 repaint...where do I get it XD

Ok, this is actually a repaint this time, unlike Midas and Python...
Depending on the price I'll pick him up

Have they ever made a figure of a suit that wasn't in one of the movies?

There was a gun metal Mark III, Secret Project Mark IV and a War Machine with a different colour scheme... all were very popular with collectors at the time but not in the films one bit. Guess at this stage we wont see any pre Mark VII as a special as they wont want to upgrade the moulds for any parts which jumped ahead in design after the Mark VI and none as the main suits after have been aything other than Die Cast making special editions even more costly for the wallet.

I figured that. Why would Stark go backwards? So it's pretty much like Midas. Does look cool with the black and the Stark logo. But no sculpt, I will just stick with suits that are in the film. Good for IM fans though.

I bet Batman Returns fans are going off the wall this morning (amongst others) I am not going in that thread again in fear of subscribing (least till some teaser photos come out)

It's not blue!

There was a gun metal Mark III, Secret Project Mark IV and a War Machine with a different colour scheme... all were very popular with collectors at the time but not in the films one bit. Guess at this stage we wont see any pre Mark VII as a special as they wont want to upgrade the moulds for any parts which jumped ahead in design after the Mark VI and none as the main suits after have been aything other than Die Cast making special editions even more costly for the wallet.

Interesting.

I started collecting these last summer, so I didn't know about those variants.

This looks so good. I missed out on the original MK7, and am getting the Hulkbuster.

But.. if I had extra cash to blow, this is not bad at all !

Have they ever made a figure of a suit that wasn't in one of the movies?

Yes. Midas. Gunmetal mk4 and 3.

I will get this guy if I can find it for reasonable (retailish) but given what is said in the blurb and places listed it may not be up for retail prices anywhere. Budget Stark, u going to any of these shows bud?

why are they going back to doing non canon repaints for toy fair exclusive? They should stick to finishing up the IM3 Iron Legion, since most of those are mix & match repaints anyway. I thought IM3 gave them an excuse to never have to do non canon Iron man ever again, guess I was wrong.

If I were to get a stealth though, probably would get the actual stealth Iron Man from IM3. Personally I don't collect made up versions, but good for trade bait nevertheless.

-

Interesting.

I started collecting these last summer, so I didn't know about those variants.
Same here I started long after they had come and gone.

I will get this guy if I can find it for reasonable (retailish) but given what is said in the blurb and places listed it may not be up for retail prices anywhere. Budget Stark, u going to any of these shows bud?
MIDAS may or may not have appeared in the film (can't remember if the debate ended on that) but it was an official suit from Marvels own material and not a Hot Toys artistic choice in terms of repainting an older toy.

SS will have this for sure, no doubt but only the time a bit further from Asia.

Midas was in the movie, pretty sure this is the only time though... Come on man, you're always claiming you know more than everyone else here, you're supposed to know this stuff :lol
uploadfromtaptalk1427447186993.jpeg

Can't see this going up for preorder for a while though, I'm guessing it will be a Comic Con Exclusive
It's an exclusive to this event, so that's a big nope to that. Read the first post.

Last edited:

I'm wondering if this will be one of those figures that sells out super quick and goes for ridiculous prices afterwards... I personally never seen the appeal of the gunmetal figures as they are pretty bland looking... this on the other hand is brilliant and as long as SSC sells it, it's bought.

Last edited:

Is that like a gold is black thing?

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

60697535.jpg

:lol - I said to myself that the 42 would be my last Iron Man suit purchase, but damn I may well have to try and pick this one up (somehow)!

I'd be lying to myself if I said this doesn't look good but damn that color looks fantastic! I purposely limit my collection to movie figures in an effort to save money and display space so the only way I'd pick this up is if it was in AOU....please be in AOU, please be in AOU, please be in AOU...

This looks fantastic. I had the gunmetal but sold it as unnecessary. This one on the other hand is quite cool even if it is yet another IM. HOpe it's available through Sideshow.

Prepare for long lines and quick flips. Rinse. Repeat next year.

I'd be lying to myself if I said this doesn't look good but damn that color looks fantastic! I purposely limit my collection to movie figures in an effort to save money and display space so the only way I'd pick this up is if it was in AOU....please be in AOU, please be in AOU, please be in AOU...
It won't be... It's under the brand from the first avengers. The title of this thread needs to be changed.

:lol - I said to myself that the 42 would be my last Iron Man suit purchase, but damn I may well have to try and pick this one up (somehow)!

I said the same thing, well with the 43 as never picked up the 42, although it was a 'for now' statement knowing I would most likely want the one from Civil War (Im not gonna lie to myself) but did say no more secondary suits... this is getting tempting the more I look at it though.

If SSC gets it, when would it go up?

I would guess any retailers outside of Asia (hoping that may include some of our favourite UK based sellers as recently they have been competitive in pricing enough to not go through the whole import route) it will be anytime from the next couple of days to during whenever the events its being produced for are on (anyone know when that is?)... All depends on retailers getting prices as well as the nod from HT to put it up for sale I guess.

Looking at it I wish they had included the laser wrists which have been missing since the original Mark VII and this time they have skipped the optional shoulder pod covers (or at least not included them in the photos).

Back