Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found It, says midas is not a repaint, next sentence gunmetal repaints are "textbook repaints" :lol

And as usual has to drop the "marine" schtick in there too...

So what do we call repainted cars? Obviously if the color changes it cant be called a repaint, even though it was repainted, is there another term to describe what you did? Cause you certainly didnt repaint it...

:exactly: I can't even...hahaah :rotfl

Found It, says midas is not a repaint, next sentence gunmetal repaints are "textbook repaints" :lol

And as usual has to drop the "marine" schtick in there too...

So what do we call repainted cars? Obviously if the color changes it cant be called a repaint, even though it was repainted, is there another term to describe what you did? Cause you certainly didnt repaint it...

If you went thru Marine Corps boot camp, soi or mct, a school, C school, and then 4 plus years of active duty you'd use it too. Nothing wrong with being proud to have served.

But his argument was silly. The word itself tells you what it's meant to describe. It would be like saying reheat means only if you reheat baked goods, or only if you reheat an item a certain way or or only certain items. Reheat means. Heat again. Re paint, means the same mold repaint a different way, re(to do again) paint. Has nothing to do with screen time or concept. Those are design issues.

Lol! "They're beeeaaauutiful."[/IMG]

97dtTjs.gif

you should repaint one of them...

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Last edited:
Love the stealth team...and the red highlights on the Ironman look great. I may have to steal that idea.

It was really easy! The night I opened this figure, I called up my friend Cleveland_Brown for any ideas on how to mod the lights on the fly. He suggested to use a few layers of red tissue paper as a temporary solution. Turns out, I actually had some thick red tissue paper lying around! I'd call it a "budget mod." Lol! I'd really like to get some Lee filters to use as recommended by Onie in comment #2889 (page 289) of this forum though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was really easy! The night I opened this figure, I called up my friend Cleveland_Brown for any ideas on how to mod the lights on the fly. He suggested to use a few layers of red tissue paper as a temporary solution. Turns out, I actually had some thick red tissue paper lying around! I'd call it a "budget mod." Lol! I'd really like to get some Lee filters to use as recommended by Onie in comment #2889 (page 289) of this forum though.

Brilliant idea...I think my wife has some of that red film. I may have to steal some.

Received mine today. First of all, I am not happy about the condition of the item.
1. Item comes in the oversized Sideshow shipper box, instead of the one with Hot Toys logo on it.
2. There is no clear plastic bag that cover the art box.
3. The circle sticker tap is loose. That means it has been opened.
4. The rod is slightly bent.
5. The instruction sheet has been open.

I haven't inspect the figure, yet. I am just not satisfy at this movement. This is what I fear when get the item this late. People who get it early then return it. SS just repackage it and send to the next customer.

Received mine today. First of all, I am not happy about the condition of the item.
1. Item comes in the oversized Sideshow shipper box, instead of the one with Hot Toys logo on it.

I haven't inspect the figure, yet. I am just not satisfy at this movement. This is what I fear when get the item this late. People who get it early then return it. SS just repackage it and send to the next customer.

For the absurd price of this fig it should come 100% factory sealed. Return it.

Sounds like a return, it may be mine. SS wouldn't replace the chest piece on mine with paint damage to the RRP paint, I did assemble the base and bend the rod.

I thought SS would set a numbers aside for Pre order fulfillment. Regardless the full payment, or the Flexed customers. These were sold out. So each customer should get a brand new factory sealed one. The returns/cancellation then go to the waitlist ones.

I thought SS would set a numbers aside for Pre order fulfillment. Regardless the full payment, or the Flexed customers. These were sold out. So each customer should get a brand new factory sealed one. The returns/cancellation then go to the waitlist ones.

I think flex customers that push out way past the release date get the returns. There isn't a guarantee that they'll actually finish the flex pay so it's hard to fault SS for that

Back