Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its recasting license pieces produce by someone else
.. Its not "custom" its recasted

Just pointing out how contradictory this board and Dave are...

I think if they were recasting the whole figure I'd agree with you but to have a few pieces this way seems to me at least, to be the same as someone making a custom head, arm, etc that will go on to an existing statue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wYffLQM.gif

:lol

Both recasting and making custom parts from the likeness of the characters are theft of IP property and carry the same penalties.

There is no gray area, but I'm sure that the same group of people that don't understand was a repaint is will also misinterpret IP Theft laws and think selling custom parts is ok but selling recast parts isn't.

Its recasting license pieces produce by someone else
.. Its not "custom" its recasted

Just pointing out how contradictory this board and Dave are...

Both recasting and making custom parts from the likeness of the characters are theft of IP property and carry the same penalties.

There is no gray area, but I'm sure that the same group of people that don't understand was a repaint is will also misinterpret IP Theft laws and think selling custom parts is ok but selling recast parts isn't.

Exactly, try explaining that to Dave though

Cliffnotes? :D

It kills me inside knowing I missed a debate

And the second part of my comment was incase i misread what BD was saying

Found It, says midas is not a repaint, next sentence gunmetal repaints are "textbook repaints" :lol

And as usual has to drop the "marine" schtick in there too...

So what do we call repainted cars? Obviously if the color changes it cant be called a repaint, even though it was repainted, is there another term to describe what you did? Cause you certainly didnt repaint it...

Back