Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm correct the arms are on a ball joint, so you may have to apply a little bit of pressure to pull them off. They do come off, I've done it before. Hope this helps!

Hi
thanks to those who replied about the arms. I was able to get the old arms off and put them on the replacement torso. Now I just have to fix the facemask...

Also I noticed the replacement torso is missing one of the removable side chest panels! Good thing I haven't destroyed the old parts yet like Sideshow demands that you do. Oh and after the facemask I will have to fix the stand issue I have. I removed the excess rubber but the support still won't thread into the stand. At this point I think I just should have returned the thing.

Hot Toys and Sideshow really dropping the ball on this figure...

I removed the excess rubber but the support still won't thread into the stand.
Try cutting the paper cover on top of the base a little wider at the entry point. That tiny depth added by the paper was just enough to prevent mine from catching the thread. That worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
thanks to those who replied about the arms. I was able to get the old arms off and put them on the replacement torso. Now I just have to fix the facemask...

Also I noticed the replacement torso is missing one of the removable side chest panels! Good thing I haven't destroyed the old parts yet like Sideshow demands that you do. Oh and after the facemask I will have to fix the stand issue I have. I removed the excess rubber but the support still won't thread into the stand. At this point I think I just should have returned the thing.

Hot Toys and Sideshow really dropping the ball on this figure...

Given they are sending you free replacement parts I wouldn't say they dropped the ball. An issue arose and you had the option to return and instead went with replacement parts. That costs them money. A huge portion of companies wouldn't bother doing anything close to this for its customers. At best you get a refund most the time. Given the extent sideshow has gone to help you I would not being calling them out for "dropping the ball". Had they told you to go pound sand or you where stuck with what you got I'd understand. But they are going above and beyond normal customer service. Even if the torso was a 25 dollar cost that's still a loss. And I'm sure they are two times that in cost. So on a deal like yours they lost money. Between what they pay for the figure and the parts replacements they have no profit left in the figure. I think they should be praised for doing these things.

I think you overlooked the part where I said the replacement torso was missing a part. Replacing a defective part with an incomplete one is dropping the ball in my book.

I think you overlooked the part where I said the replacement torso was missing a part. Replacing a defective part with an incomplete one is dropping the ball in my book.

Nope I didn't miss it. Since you didn't report it missing on the others and you can swap it I see no issue. There's nothing anywhere that says they have to do any type of replacement. At most they would be have to offer a return. And even then it's grey area. Did they tell you that they would not help you when you asked? Did they tell you your sol? Or did they attempt to fix the situation? Feel free to shop elsewhere and if a problem arises good luck. Sideshow goes above and beyond nearly every other company in terms of customer service and people still whine about it. Pretty petty.

replacement pieces are factored into the cost of these things. SS could send you an entire new figure for free and they would still be making money.

I fixed my stand yesterday. I unscrewed the bottom, took it off and I could see there would be no way to make the nut reach the screw on the pole. I removed the rubber piece that was keeping the screw from reaching the nut. Then I screwed the the nut onto the pole Before putting the bottom back on. The stand and pole seem to be stable and working fine. My MK 43 stand and pole is another issue.

Mine figure has been arrived 3 days ago, but I am afraid to open it after I was read this thread :D

Mine figure has been arrived 3 days ago, but I am afraid to open it after I was read this thread :D

Open it! it's lonely in that dark box :lol

You might have something fall of the helmet which is a 60 second fix with some glue and might have to mess with the stand to get it fit in the base nothing else to really worry about.

I got this on Friday and with some of the comments on this thread, was concerned with replacement for the helmet. Mine came with the tiny magnet detached from the faceplate as well, which is pretty common with the Hot Toys Iron Man releases. Luckily, I found the small piece in the box and reattached with superglue (if you are an experienced IM collector, superglue is always a good investment for these problematic magnets). No other problems, but I was careful with the stand as mentioned.

It's a beautiful piece, and a nice variant on the Mark VII armor. The subtle nuances of the dark paints, matte finishes and dark transparent pieces really do give it a unique look. I haven't been able to put it down since it arrived. Looks best when photographed in a way where these details are visible.

Hot Toys Iron Man MK VII Stealth.

738.png

Saw this Facebook. Looks pretty damn good and gives the figure that extra feature as a Stealth figure.

Should have been something Hot Toys did.

11892118_519384271547399_5014463801299382320_n.jpg

Pretty cool, exactly like how he was explaining it to Harley in IM3, or was it the other way around? :lol Retro-reflector panels like the SHIELD heli-carrier, I think it was?

Back