Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first page I've seen of this thread, but I assume this is a reference to his 7th armor in the comics being the stealth armor?

I'm not sure about that... What I do know is this is essentially a stealth repaint special edition of the Mark VII armor he wears in the first Avengers movie (2012).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first page I've seen of this thread, but I assume this is a reference to his 7th armor in the comics being the stealth armor?

MkVII from the first Avengers movie had a HT figure released in "stealth colours" around the time Age of Ultron was coming out and the AoU lineup were starting to be announced... Of course, that had many convinced that Tony was going to whip out a stealth version of MkVII in the AoU movie..

Would have been easy to turn it into an Internet Hoax... plenty of people believe the "two moon" hoaxes which are doing the rounds again at the moment, which claims that Mars will appear as large in the sky as the Moon when the two planets reach their close point too... :rotfl

I'm not really familiar with the comic armours, but yeah, it could be a bit of an inside tribute to Model 7...

Just opened my MK VII Stealth. At first glance, it looks great. Then the faceplate falls off and is difficult to make it sit correctly. Then I notice the rubber getting pinched in the elbow. I have to manually fix this every time I bend that arm. Obviously, I won't be bending that arm anymore. Finally, I notice the outer most piece on the front of the left thigh is loose and I can see it does not sit flush when viewed from any angle other than the front. The stand also has the same problem that everyone else has. From what I've read on here, my choices are deal with it or refund. Completely disappointed by the overall quality. I only have 3 other hot toys, all of them cost less than the MK VII and have way less problems.

I notice the outer most piece on the front of the left thigh is loose and I can see it does not sit flush when viewed from any angle other than the front.
As for the plates on his thighs, they are removable. A previous version of this figure included interchangeable thigh armor. I recommend gently removing the plate that isn't sitting flush by pulling straight out. Then, firmly press it straight in and it should pop back into place. Hope that helps.

Just opened my MK VII Stealth. At first glance, it looks great. Then the faceplate falls off and is difficult to make it sit correctly. Then I notice the rubber getting pinched in the elbow. I have to manually fix this every time I bend that arm. Obviously, I won't be bending that arm anymore. Finally, I notice the outer most piece on the front of the left thigh is loose and I can see it does not sit flush when viewed from any angle other than the front. The stand also has the same problem that everyone else has. From what I've read on here, my choices are deal with it or refund. Completely disappointed by the overall quality. I only have 3 other hot toys, all of them cost less than the MK VII and have way less problems.
Can you elaborate about the elbow issue?

The base and face plate are common (and annoying issues) but the elbow and thigh armor are new. If the thigh armor is loose to the point it may fall off and won't sit correctly, I'd reckon that warrants a replacement and worth giving SSC CS a call.

I notice the rubber getting pinched in the elbow. I have to manually fix this every time I bend that arm. Obviously, I won't be bending that arm anymore.
I have two different versions of Iron Man MKVII. I just checked each arm, and the rubber bunches up in both elbows of both figures. If that's what's happening, it's normal.

Had a chance to snap a few pics of the 7's today since I was dusting. :lol

82edc3fc-e636-4e44-8d3a-6d7db4faf076_zps0x7rcv7h.jpg

005aa2ac-e3ab-4f0f-b472-5b942f4326e6_zps0nrhuymo.jpg

e762c153-131f-4c24-b112-dc36288e0e97_zpsdcodawm7.jpg

Finally, I notice the outer most piece on the front of the left thigh is loose and I can see it does not sit flush when viewed from any angle other than the front.

I had a similar problem with a Midas figure that I received last year. It would rock back and forth (ever so slightly), but it wasn't deemed serious enough by Sideshow to warrant a replacement. Combined with some other manufacturing imperfections, I ultimately decided to return it for a refund. I often miss having the figure, but I'm also picky enough that I wouldn't have accepted that kind of imperfection.

View attachment 2027555 Min mod. Just tied some guns to the armor to convert it into "Stealth War Machine"

Love the Widow War Machine! And is that a Valkyrie in the back? You've got some nice looking customs going on there!

Hi all.

New here, but have been collecting for a little while now. Anyway, my Stealth Suit is a downer. Issues with the faceplate magnet, stand, and a broken light switch on the torso.

Stand and magnet are things I can manage to fix on my own, but I requested Sideshow do something about the torso. They sent me a new one, which I just got around to looking at. Switch and light are fine, yay! Howevah...

How do you detach the arms from this figure? I need to remove the old limbs and head from the old torso and attach to the new one. Legs and head were easy enough, they just popped right off. However the arms won't budge and I'm afraid of using force because I might break the arms.

So... any advice? How does one remove the arms from the torso? I looked for a way to take the torso apart but there isn't an obvious method.

I've emailed Sideshow a few times about this w/no response.

As thanks in advance have a wallpaper I made using my Mk XX Python.
IMG_0830mod.jpg

Back