Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they had released this as a Die Cast figure so it would be a bit more stable, but I'm really happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine came in . Awesome piece a little wobbly .
bfb0b74ae3b3d90894c8beb8f5bca18e.jpg
3980eb77375addf1cddd85c5bc7b660b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came in . Awesome piece a little wobbly .
bfb0b74ae3b3d90894c8beb8f5bca18e.jpg
3980eb77375addf1cddd85c5bc7b660b.jpg

When you say wobbly, do you mean the joints are loose, or the stand, or what? Could you please explain or be more specific?
Thank you

It's top-heavy. It would be better if there was more weight in the legs like a die-cast Iron Man.

When you say wobbly, do you mean the joints are loose, or the stand, or what? Could you please explain or be more specific?
Thank you

To me it seems wobbly bcuz, for example, the legs join the hips via these double ball jointed pegs. These pegs come out veritcally to join the legs, rather than straight down vertically into the legs. I'll take a pic when I get a chance. They hold a pose, but if u move it, it's almost got a bobble head wobble to it.

Instagram filter lol.

Thank you

OK I'll be a little bit more specific. The figure stand is horrible and he just wobbles. He's very very light weight. And very top-heavy with those wings the guns and everything if he falls over at a distance he will be toast.

If you don't add the Starscream parts is he stable?
I can handle the poor stand and top heavy with extra parts attached I just don't want a loose figure with weak joints.

I think it's more stable than most Hot Toys figures. It's just really top heavy (especially with the additional parts). You can pose it pretty dynamically and it will hold the pose. I haven't even taken the stand out of the box.

Damn, just got mine and so on the fence about keeping it or sending him back. He looks beast in the box, also don't like the way he poses out. Also, alot of his weathering looks like areas that need dusted on mine. OTOH the weathering on the grey parts looks great and the patina look on Starcream's wings looks great and really makes me look forward to future releases.

Yeah he's a little wobbly but not enough to bother me. I don't use the Starscream parts and he's very stable without the stand. Plus he looks great with the MP-01 blaster rifle.:)

Got mine today. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442020450.938180.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442020450.938180.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 216
Damn, just got mine and so on the fence about keeping it or sending him back. He looks beast in the box, also don't like the way he poses out. Also, alot of his weathering looks like areas that need dusted on mine. OTOH the weathering on the grey parts looks great and the patina look on Starcream's wings looks great and really makes me look forward to future releases.

I'm kinda confused, do you like it or? I wasn't clear with your post, looks great in the box, posing sucks, paint is poor and great? Are you keeping it and who lets you return it opened just for not liking it?

I am shocked no one has set this up like this yet... it is the only reason to own this piece and the most badass Optimus pose ever.... worth the price of admission... wearing starscreams wings and holding his recently decapitated head high for all decepticons to see.... DO NOT **** WITH OPTIMUS.

to do this you need to pick up a jar of museum wax from amazon.... roll into a large pea shaped size and put near back of starscreams head... and then it will stick right to optimus's hand.... this stuff comes off when needed with ease.

IMG_1088.jpg

I'm kinda confused, do you like it or? I wasn't clear with your post, looks great in the box, posing sucks, paint is poor and great? Are you keeping it and who lets you return it opened just for not liking it?

Don't know how much more clear I can be, he looks good sitting in the box, does not "feel" right while posing, at least not what I'd expect. the paint/weathering on the darker looks much better on mine than on the red parts, and yes, hes repacked and ready to go back to Sideshow, the company that lets you send items back for not being happy with them, like most businesses in the US.

I am shocked no one has set this up like this yet... it is the only reason to own this piece and the most badass Optimus pose ever.... worth the price of admission... wearing starscreams wings and holding his recently decapitated head high for all decepticons to see.... DO NOT **** WITH OPTIMUS.

to do this you need to pick up a jar of museum wax from amazon.... roll into a large pea shaped size and put near back of starscreams head... and then it will stick right to optimus's hand.... this stuff comes off when needed with ease.

View attachment 210470

place the head on his crotch with both hands.

optimus skull ****ing prime

Hopefully this thread starts to heat up soon. I really would like to pull the trigger on this figure but I am waiting for some of the transformer collectors to weigh in on the opinions of this vs the MP lines for quality. This looks like a damn fine piece, but I am shaky on it because I would want at a minimum a Starscream or a Megatron to book end with this and it would be disappointing if HT just closed this off and moved along without giving Prime a running buddy.

Hey members, I'm new to this thread :wave, but I've been purchasing Hot Toys since they dipped into the comic market in 2008. Honestly, this is the first figure that I've actually considered returning to Sideshow... I'd preordered this figure (as an 80's child) based upon the prototype pics and Hot Toys renowned paint quality. However, in hand, it is VERY underwhelming IMO. I'd realized upon preorder, that this figure was not Die-cast, but wow... This piece feels so cheap and flimsy in hand, it's unbelievable! Every major cavity of this piece is just cheap hollow plastic. I have the MP-01 and this figure is simply (unfortunately) not holding up to it. Yes, I love the Starscream parts and certain paint apps associated with the figure. However, the "battle damaged" paint apps on the maroon upper body of Optimus look more like "dust" that you'd clean from your figures...

Anyway, I don't want to cause any storms, I was just looking to assist those that may still be on the fence with my two cents...

Yea i hear ya.
I felt the same way with some recent threezero releases. Mazinger, Fullmetal Ghost etc... look jaw dropping, paint apps are breathtaking, then you pick them up and WhAM!!!
Its hollow, light weight and floppy.
And at $300+ That lightweight = cheap in hand feeling leaves many (me included) less than thrilled about the figure.

At $199 id still hate the feeling, but feel better about it. This is excatly why I havent bought Optimus yet. I want to, I love it, but after Maz and the others i mentioned, im just not in yet.

It seems like this is here to stay though...all these below are light thin hollow plastic and are wobbley.
Its just the way these High End larger figures are being made from these artsy companies.
Neca however...They make their figures weigh as much as a small car.

[URL=https://s31.photobucket.com/user/jessiedart/media/20150914_214547_zpsc53er8dt.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=https://s31.photobucket.com/user/jessiedart/media/20150914_214540_zpsiyavm1u9.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=https://s31.photobucket.com/user/jessiedart/media/20150914_214530_zpstgqp9dvs.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=https://s31.photobucket.com/user/jessiedart/media/20150914_214602_zpswf2vowsx.jpg.html] [/URL]

Hey members, I'm new to this thread :wave, but I've been purchasing Hot Toys since they dipped into the comic market in 2008. Honestly, this is the first figure that I've actually considered returning to Sideshow... I'd preordered this figure (as an 80's child) based upon the prototype pics and Hot Toys renowned paint quality. However, in hand, it is VERY underwhelming IMO. I'd realized upon preorder, that this figure was not Die-cast, but wow... This piece feels so cheap and flimsy in hand, it's unbelievable! Every major cavity of this piece is just cheap hollow plastic. I have the MP-01 and this figure is simply (unfortunately) not holding up to it. Yes, I love the Starscream parts and certain paint apps associated with the figure. However, the "battle damaged" paint apps on the maroon upper body of Optimus look more like "dust" that you'd clean from your figures...

Anyway, I don't want to cause any storms, I was just looking to assist those that may still be on the fence with my two cents...

Very nice review and opinion! The feedback is greatly appreciated. :hi5:

Back