Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

WOW! Didn't see this coming

Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

Isn't that akin to a human killing a guy and then wearing his skin as a coat?:rotfl

This is an interesting idea for line and I am eager to see how it develops. I must admit I thought this was a joke at first lol.

well... kinda? taking his guns, wings and rocket boosters is more like killing a guy, and stealing his gear, but yeah.

Looking good and a nice move from HT.

Although I'm fond of anything Transformers I'm not about to start collecting them and if Optimus sells well then the flood gates could open with this licence. Transformers fans be prepared to spend. :lecture

Not really. the market for non-transforming transformers is VERY SMALL outside of prime and megs. especially with the masterpiece line being apparently much more affordable. still really coool. and a G1 megatron would sell TREMENDOUSLY well. ESPECIALLY to the masterpiece crowd.

How tall are MP10 and 20th anniversary Optimus?

This looks like a great alternative for people who want to display him in both modes or in either just the transformed modus...

I finally see me selling some stuff of my collection for the latest announcements (Iron Man MK III, Marty McFly, Optmius Prime, AC Batman... ... ...). :panic:

MP-10is about 10 inches tall.

25th anniversery prime/ MP-01 is just over 12 inches. this guy should fall roughly in between them. which would make a G1 megatron in this size JUST ABOUT PERFECT for MP-10

Why is he wearing Starscream's wings ?

Same reason the ex has Screams head with wires coming out the neck, bad mofo Prime :hi5:

How tall are MP10 and 20th anniversary Optimus?

This looks like a great alternative for people who want to display him in both modes or in either just the transformed modus...

I finally see me selling some stuff of my collection for the latest announcements (Iron Man MK III, Marty McFly, Optmius Prime, AC Batman... ... ...). :panic:

12" for MP-01 if I remembers correctly so about the same size as this BUT MP-01 Transforms so already has a trump card.
Repaint him like this & BOOM best of both worlds (He's pretty poseable too ;))

I'm just wondering how long until we see them start whoring out the repaints.
I'll be expecting '86 movie Battle Damage & Death of versions 1st ;)

Not really. the market for non-transforming transformers is VERY SMALL outside of prime and megs. especially with the masterpiece line being apparently much more affordable. still really coool. and a G1 megatron would sell TREMENDOUSLY well. ESPECIALLY to the masterpiece crowd.

Oh I see. HT may find a niche in the marketplace though.

Megaton would be the only HT Transformer figure that I would ever consider picking up.

Please been done better original MP 01 and even MP 10 they probably only did this because 3A was having a stab at marvel and DC properties

A transformer that doesn't Transform. Come on hot toys .

hkd 2,180 so around $280 USD = Around $320 on Sideshow.

It's about damn time HT did something outside their box. These are going to look awesome.

Please explain . Why would they not want them to Be able transform ?

Really?

Why on earth would Hasbro want to jeopardize MP10 sales? This is a niche item for collectors and TF fans. It is in no way a replacement to the already masterful MP10.

Having that said, though, this is an amazing piece that i personally can't wait to have.

Transforming figures are a whole different ballgame from articulated humanoids. HT has no experience with that, and it's not their MO. So I'm not at all surprised that they are doing it this way.

Diecast?
The waist is too wide for some reason.

I see no waist swivel. Looks like the pelvis is in the way.

Kind of a statue with limited articulation, but not nearly articulated as a MP.
I want to like it... I do. As it looks great...but I don't think I'd enjoy picking it up as much as I think I would. I'd put the wings on and I'd think... "meh."

I think the MP-10 will be better by all accounts, (Transformation, diecast, trailer, gimmicks) but it's a nice way to get more money from HT collectors or Prime super fans. (Weathered look, stylized)

Maybe if they do a Megatron.. as Takara hasn't been able to nail that yet.

30cm is roughly the same size as the MP-10 figure. Maybe a little taller
X-plus godzillas are 30cm. So if you know how big Grimlocks dino mode is comparison to prime.. haha

zssXmagl.jpg

Last edited:

I got it now!

Remember this episode?

ape5y3a2.jpg

Lol

Back