Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks incredible. Still on the fence whether or not to keep my PO. On one hand I worry I miss out on a future grail and on the other no one knows if Hot Toys will be making a Megatron, then if they do and I don't have this I will end up paying double. :lol Also not sure if he would look good with Masterpiece Transformers. Really hoping someone has pics of him with some MPs.

He looks incredible. Still on the fence whether or not to keep my PO. On one hand I worry I miss out on a future grail and on the other no one knows if Hot Toys will be making a Megatron, then if they do and I don't have this I will end up paying double. :lol Also not sure if he would look good with Masterpiece Transformers. Really hoping someone has pics of him with some MPs.

I can take those pics eventually...once it arrives in the states. I think he's going to be perfectly in scale with Masterpiece Megatron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super sized revoltech OP.

I was thinking the same thing.

If this were $225-$250, I'd already have it in my grubby little mitts. But considering I already have all the MP Primes and have the ThreeA preordered, I can't justify spending what they're asking for it. The price is WAY out of line considering the size and similarity to what's already out there. He does look really, really good though.

Yeah, I'm on the fence too. I had canceled my PO awhile ago so not sure. I don't have a Prime, but the price is kinda what's keeping me from it. I'd rather have a G1 than say the 3A version, but the 3A is a lot bigger and not that much more.

I want this but I would like to know if they will continue the line or at the very least give us megatron.
If it's a one and done I will reluctantly have to pass.

Same here. Really want to know if this will grow no to a full line. If so and releases come reasonably fast, I will forsake Masterpiece and buy into this line. If not, then certainly want to continue buying Masterpeice. Wish they say something.

I'd never drop the MP line because if this line.

If anything, it would complement my TF collection, but the MP line is where it's at.

Any pics of this figure actually being held in someone's hand? I know he's around 12" tall but I'd like to see the bulk of him in an actual adults hand.

Decided to cancel. I already have a MP Prime and I rather get some of other things (Batman Animated DC 6" figures) with this money.

I thought that base looked familiar, they literally took the Evil Superman base, turned it around and added an autobot logo to it. Check the yellow line in the torn up roar section lol (8:40 second mark of the video)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sf9MCYVfrQ

I just dropped my Iron Man Mark III die cast preorder for this, I hope I didn't make a mistake lol...

I've just got him today took some quick shots image.jpg
I think he looks awesome!!
Only thing was it was expensive and he can't transform but I wasn't bothered about that
But he is the ultimate Optimus prime in robot form in my opinion.
I wish they'd make a megatron but I don't think it'll sell well this Optimus prime image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

if he was the size of the 3a version i think i'd go for him. Gonna pass since to me it's not going to look right (scale wise) next to other hot toys. He does look good tho..

Just got an OP on ebay for a good price. For a first HT Transformer, it looks great. Like a premium statue with articulation. Can't wait to get him.

I wonder if HT and Hasbro have some kind of agreement where HT TF figures are not designed to be transformable. Maybe HT is also not allowed to design his original gun. I guess it'll look too much like the MP-10?

I've just got him today took some quick shotsView attachment 203033
I think he looks awesome!!
Only thing was it was expensive and he can't transform but I wasn't bothered about that
But he is the ultimate Optimus prime in robot form in my opinion.
I wish they'd make a megatron but I don't think it'll sell well this Optimus prime View attachment 203031View attachment 203032View attachment 203034View attachment 203035View attachment 203036

Wasn't expecting this to turn out so well. These are the first in-hand shots I've seen and I'm sold on it. Sign me up!

Didn't even know this existed until the other day, so thanks for that @Cap'n Cook! I am now £230 lighter but all the same, this is too awesome :)

Back