1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I would buy it but, the face is from the 2017 Guardian. It just doesn't make any sense.

I would pay a lot for a more young custom face. And for a custom with grey hair and his 2017 clothes. I think the 2017 version is way way baddass

05deac92e93a (1).jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Although I thought I remember you saying that this head was the only one worse than MMS238....unless that was John Matrix..

the face is still way off in shape & age but turned out better than promo photos. face length slightly emproved & so on.
absolute difference between movie and promo photos is perfectly seen here, two different people:

but at least it had a sculptor working on it. head looks enough like Schwarzenegger nowadays (while 238 looks like nobody), and the body! totally reworked body, wonderfully fitting the actor.
plus i've seen 238 for a long time in hand now and know how lazy & terrible it is better than previously.

the face is still way off in shape & age but turned out better than promo photos. face length slightly emproved & so on.
absolute difference between movie and promo photos is perfectly seen here, two different people:

but at least it had a sculptor working on it. head looks enough like Schwarzenegger nowadays (while 238 looks like nobody), and the body! totally reworked body, wonderfully fitting the actor.
plus i've seen 238 for a long time in hand now and know how lazy & terrible it is better than previously.

Totally agree, that's definitiely "pop" right there!

"Poop right there" indeed. :lol

I dunno why they went with this stupid "poster image" figure that has nothing to do with the film.

I dunno why they went with this stupid "poster image" figure that has nothing to do with the film.

Well, they probably knew most folks wouldn't want one that reminded them too much of the movie... ;)

Sallah

I feel like it's more of a present day Arnold Schwarzenegger figure than a figure based on a Terminator movie...which isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world.

I wish they would have made it accurate to the movie but still it's a great looking figure and it's tempting. It's the most realistic paint job I've seen on an Arnold figure yet.

I wish they would have made it accurate to the movie but still it's a great looking figure and it's tempting. It's the most realistic paint job I've seen on an Arnold figure yet.

I've thought the same. Looks especially real in pictures where he has the hood up, hiding the sculpted hair, although I wouldn't display him wearing the hood.

I think the sculpt on this is fantastic. I also love the hoody hanging over the jacket. Seeing this figure I really hope that we get a Rocky Balboa. I think the aged Stallone might be beneficial to the sculpt and likeness as there is more information for sculpting.

Dammit now that John Connor set is up for order. My list of wants just keeps getting bigger at a time when I'm trying to boost my savings :banghead

Dammit now that John Connor set is up for order. My list of wants just keeps getting bigger at a time when I'm trying to boost my savings :banghead

I have solved that by limiting myself to ONLY Arnie Terminators when it comes to 1/6... For everything else, I am content with NECA's 1/12 offerings (though they REALLY need to do John Connor).

Of course that means that I am in for this Guardian though. :)

Sallah

Sorry what do you mean? Has Hot Toys released a John Connor figure too?

Back