1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the unpopularity of the film makes this figure an option down the road for me to pick up, I liked a fair amount of the movie and like the aged T-800.

I liked the movie far more than most here. I also would rank it 3rd behind T2 and the original despite the casting choices which I found to be the weakest link.

Furthermore, I think this figure has jumped to the must have level for me based on these photos; but I will wait for some sales. I do agree he's a barebones figure, and really needs an alternate exoskeleton arm.

I would argue that this is their best Arnold sculpt they've done, oddly enough (whether it is accurate to a given era in the film or not). This probably tweaks quite a few people and I can understand that. Something tells me HT went with this decision because it gives people the ability to have an Old Arnold in their collection that is more accurate to him than anything. Hopefully, hopefully, we see a T2 T-800 This fall with the film's rerelease.

Objectively, minus the light accessory pack out/mixed era appearance, I think no one can argue that the figure came out very good. There's too much bias towards the film clouding that unfortunately. Plus the fact the nailed this one makes the faults of older figures harder to swallow.

Plus the fact the nailed this one makes the faults of older figures harder to swallow.

I'm undecided if this is in fact nailed but it does appear to correct a major peeve I have with the DX10 and DX13, the back of his skull seems more accurately shaped. Though it could just be this hairstyle. The hairline on his temples is more accurate than DX13 as far as I can see.

Yeah, just don't know about this one. I'm afraid if I buy it, sure I'll like it at first and I'll justify it to myself, but later when I'm having money frustrations it'll be an immediate For Sale candidate and I won't be able to give it away....Hmmm.

I actually enjoyed the movie. This is the best Hot Toys Arnold likeness to date. Will consider picking this up with a discount code. Looks great!

So glad we have this because who needs these.

mm-40.jpg

Michael-Biehn-Kyle-Reese-The-Terminator.gif

7cc1227d447f649529f89322c571f885.jpg

18ed5481-b785-d1d3..jpg

JohnRambo2008.jpg

MV5BNDM4MTU1Njk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTI3ODg2._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

tumblr_inline_nge01wVi3h1ssda3h.jpg

2244.jpg

9395210998_083c541ac9.jpg

etc etc..

Sorry for trolling but i feel better now.

Attachments

• 9395210998_083c541ac9.jpg
    9395210998_083c541ac9.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 155
All those figures from HT Vortex would be must buys for me. :hi5:

Yeah, I would imagine a lot of those would excite us old timers. Which makes me think..who can afford these but us old timers? Anyway..was kinda looking forward to the final faze of Marvel so we could maybe get back to things like those. The true classics. But then they had to go and get Star Wars which i'm kinda cool with I guess. I got a couple. Not confident at this point the new DC movies are going to turn into Marvel madness.

To stay on topic Pops is a decent looking figure i guess. But I see just as much of Jones as most.

And I absolutely hated the film with passion.

Yeah I am all Marveled out too. Although I might have to get the Deadpool fig. HT seem to love Arnie, so maybe we will get more classic Arnie figs?
Fortunately I don't get the whole Star Wars thing, otherwise I would of had to of sold a kidney.

Weird, normally we put the sunglasses on to hide something dodgy about a likeness but in this case I think he looks a lot more like Tommy Lee Jones when the sunglasses are on. I think the eyes are definitely Arnold, its something about the nose and mouth area that give me doubts and throw the likeness in some shots.

Only old man Arnold gets the squint that many of us wish the younger versions had. But of course.

That shot with him in just the T-shirt (and pants obviously) and stepping out of the Batman Armory is easily my favourite pic. It's the main tempter I'm having right now.

Edit - This one:

I also like these:

The eyes are Arnie and the wrinkle detail and old man jowls are well done, as well as they can be anyway for a headsculpt that is separate from the neck.

Back