Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I get anything I'll post it up. But I'm on my Christmas break from tomorrow so who knows when it will be avaiable?

picture.php

terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg

picture.php

Heres my little Neca custom to achieve that pose more accurately to the Pescadero scene, it uses a McFarlane right arm-

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bHLhJ46HbWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bHLhJ46HbWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:cool:

:cool: indeed! I love that soundtrack. Wish they'd put all the music from the film on it though. The bit from the T-800s arrival, some of the action music from the canal chase and when all the police start showing up outside Cyberdyne all count as stuff that for whatever reason isn't on the cd. I hate the way most soundtracks withhold music.

the face was solid on the Sideshow portrait, but the hair sloping from front to back the way it did looked odd from 3/4 view on.

2.jpg

One thing I've since upgraded on the SSC costume was the shirt though, bad as the leather bits were, the "t-shirt" was just bad, but a lot of 1/6 t-shirts end up looking like turtlenecks, even some from Hot Toys, I don't know why they give them such big collars but they do and it looks bad.

Thats my biggest peeve with the SS sculpt, the hair. Its totally wrong, it looks more like a sweeping quiff than Arnolds spiked cut in the film and it just created an incorrect shape to his head overall. Together with the generic neck and zombie-like eyes on the uncustomised figure I can't get past that. Well in any case theres no need to worry about it now - NECA and by the looks of it Hot Toys are finally getting it right.

I wonder when we're gonna see specs or at least photo teasers form tommy's blog i've been waiting forever for a perfect 1/6 T-2 T-800

I'm guessing Tommy shot the portrait and endo arm exposed shots, they don't look like typical HT images and he's the only one i know of who shoots pro stuff of their figures for magazines and all.

Not to shabby my friend :borg

Show us that collection a-dev. :rock

Thanks chaps. I think I'd start annoying people if I took this as an opportunity to post all my NECA/McFarlane pics so heres just 3 pics as an overview of what I have. I've posted loads of pics in the current NECA T2 thread if anyone wants to investigate just why I have so many Arnies!

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

thesetoo2.jpg

Oh and heres a crappy screengrab of mine I found in my photobucket. Someone was asking for another pic showing Arnies chest proportion a few pages back.
zzzzz7.jpg

Dang it! Just when I finished my custom T2 T-800:

I chopped off the Dutch neck and stuck on a custom painted head from the sculpt floating around eBay, put the Saturday Toys pants and belt and shirt on him and the Brando jacket and boots, slapped on the Necca Pescadero glasses and Sideshow Winchester rifle. It took forever finding the right parts and weathering and tailoring everything (it also cost a pretty penny). He's a solid figure and I'm still proud of him but I guess it was just a matter of time for Hot Toys to one up me. When I saw the magazine grab I almost fell over as it looked almost exactly like my guy. Even the weird bend in the arm holding the shotgun. Eh, what're you gonna do?:pow

Yours is still pretty good but yeah I do feel for you guys who've been working on customs because probably no matter how hard you tried an official Hot Toys figure was always going to be better. Wasn't necessarily always going to happen but certainly since that poll it was surely a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back