Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have faith. It'll bend. I have my Dutch with the M16 slung over his back and his other hand bent in front of him, holding the cigar. This pose requires both arms to be bent inward at the elbow.

Wait, so you turn it side to side literally at the elbow? That's probably where I ran into my roadblock, I'd bend my elbow 90 degrees, then try to use the forearm as a lever to rotate the bicep. The Rambo body has a bicep pivot like most regular bodies so I assumed if Dutch's could move that way, it would function the same way.

Wait, so you turn it side to side literally at the elbow? That's probably where I ran into my roadblock, I'd bend my elbow 90 degrees, then try to use the forearm as a lever to rotate the bicep. The Rambo body has a bicep pivot like most regular bodies so I assumed if Dutch's could move that way, it would function the same way.

Correct. It works just like your own arm, with pivot points at the elbow and shoulder. ;)

It was bought for me for my birthday and then later given to my nephew. The sculpt was "rough" though it did look like Arnie. It just looked unfinished. Additionally, I'm just not fond of sculpted clothes for collectibles I intend to display together. They stand out considerably even against something as old as Sideshow's T2. Fine for a comiquette or standard statue, but not for 12" figures. I'm already annoyed that this is the route I may have to go if I'm ever going to have a remake Jason in my collection. :mad:

Yeah, I bought a 12" one because proportionally, it's closer to Arnold than the Sideshow one, and I figured it'd be the best way to have a proper build T2 Arnie in my collection, though I agree with you, sculpted clothes mixed with real fabric figures doesn't blend well, but for $30, I figured what the hell, didn't imagine HT would be doing it at the time, now I wish I had the $30 back, and I'm not knocking the figure, I love the 7" ones but I got the 12" for a purpose and HT's basically eliminating that, thankfully NECA's BD hasn't released yet or that'd be another $30 I'd have wasted, now I know it's sure to come from HT and more what I want out of a 12" figure.

Correct. It works just like your own arm, with pivot points at the elbow and shoulder. ;)

Have to try it, thanks, didn't expect them to reinvent the wheel so to speak, out of many 1/6 figures I've owned before Dutch, it's always been a bicep pivot, and HT's instruction manuals can suck sometimes when it comes to indication motion, their PERS guid with Joker almost makes you think you spin the controller around and that's not how it works.

Speaking of PERS, glad to see it's not in use on this T2 portrait, they're definitely painted eyes, well, probably painted, if they're PERS, then they've really refined them to not look so wide eyed.

Good points fellas but, I feel sculpted clothes might actually benefit an Arnold T2 figure - for the time being.

I mean, barring the clothes we've seen on the pic of the HT T2 arnie, all the leather clothes sets look a bit meh, imo. Sideshows are awful, the saturday toys version are a better but still, I think arnold's T2 clothes have yet to be done good in 1/6 scale. There's just something about the Jacket, for me. I prefer the look of the sculpted clothes to the real clothes tbh! Probabaly in the miniroty saying that!

This is of course until HT hit us with their figure which will completely make me change my mind.

The downside to the leather suits, Saturday toys and that new one, is bulk, the leather looks pretty thick. Arnold's leather jacket in T2 looks rather thin, which is where sculpting vs. real fabric can win, leathery fabrics can only be so thin at 1/6 and work right, so you have to sacrifice some aesthetics to have a quality clothing item. Go thin like Sideshow's set and you end up with unnatural wrinkling and appearance.

That's pretty much what I meant by my post ^^

I'm just useless with words. If I was good with words i'd be bigger than WHSmith

Good points fellas but, I feel sculpted clothes might actually benefit an Arnold T2 figure - for the time being.

I mean, barring the clothes we've seen on the pic of the HT T2 arnie, all the leather clothes sets look a bit meh, imo. Sideshows are awful, the saturday toys version are a better but still, I think arnold's T2 clothes have yet to be done good in 1/6 scale. There's just something about the Jacket, for me. I prefer the look of the sculpted clothes to the real clothes tbh! Probabaly in the miniroty saying that!

This is of course until HT hit us with their figure which will completely make me change my mind.

I'm not saying Sideshow's leathers are the end all be all, but I don't think the Buck he's on does them any favors either. I have a Wesker body coming that I'm planning on porting my T2 over to. Thought about using Krauser's body since the proportions are far better and the muscle definition is leaps and bounds over the Big Boy's. But I forgot that the Big Boy Arnie comes on is a sculpted neck so they're not compatible and didn't check till about midway through the port. The jacket and shirt looked MUCH better on that body though and the skin tone matches perfectly. :(

I'm not saying Sideshow's leathers are the end all be all, but I don't think the Buck he's on does them any favors either. I have a Wesker body coming that I'm planning on porting my T2 over to. Thought about using Krauser's body but I forgot that the Big Boy Arnie comes on is a sculpted neck so they're not compatible. The jacket and shirt looked MUCH better on that body though.

Even just a standard TT makes the Sideshow figure look nicer, the Big Boy is just a lousy body period, I'm not a Buck fan, but the Big Boy is even worse. I was pretty happy with the TT conversion, I added some padding to the chest, it looks pretty sharp and has much more posablity. Had that been the only T2 1/6 posable figure I could have, I'd have been fine with the body and head setup, was looking for improved clothes though, glad I hadn't found them yet, would have been a wast of money.

As far as real cloth, I think this HT figure does a pretty good job of matching the thickness of Arnold's T2 jacket, certainly better than the Saturday Toys or whoever makes that one people are buying up right now.

ap_20091220125150582.jpg

The clothes do look real good in that image, the collar looks to sit flat, the whole jacket looks to sit flat in fact. If it looks like that in hand i'd be pretty much made up.

Also on another note about that image, I don't know about anyone else but it kind of gives me the impression that they are regular true type arms? I had it in my head the dutch arms were a little thicker than regular TT arms, so correct me i'f im wrong on that, but my guess is those are regular arms.

I'm not saying Sideshow's leathers are the end all be all, but I don't think the Buck he's on does them any favors either. I have a Wesker body coming that I'm planning on porting my T2 over to. Thought about using Krauser's body but I forgot that the Big Boy Arnie comes on is a sculpted neck so they're not compatible. The jacket and shirt looked MUCH better on that body though and the skin tone matches perfectly. :(

It really just comes down to proportions. The custom T2 Arnie I'm working on consists of the Neca head on a Saturday toys body with the Store Rooms biker outfit. When I started I put it all on a TT it looked off. The Sat Toys body gave it better proportion in terms of the clothes v. body mass. This is one of the reasons why I'm hoping for HT to not use the Dutch body... I just think it's too big for this figure.

On a side note, the neck on those promo pics doesn't look much like the Dutch neck to me.... In fact it looks like a standard neck piece. :huh

The clothes do look real good in that image, the collar looks to sit flat, the whole jacket looks to sit flat in fact. If it looks like that in hand i'd be pretty much made up.

One thing you can pretty confidently count on with HT from prototype to production is tailoring, it's not to often what you get isn't just as nice as what you saw in the prototype.

Also on another note about that image, I don't know about anyone else but it kind of gives me the impression that they are regular true type arms? I had it in my head the dutch arms were a little thicker than regular TT arms, so correct me i'f im wrong on that, but my guess is those are regular arms.

Here's the Dutch body.

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8711.jpg

From a profile, not much different in side than a regular TT, most of the mass is in the front/back view.

3878921474_e790a89a5a_o.jpg

I am throwing this movie in tonight for the 150th time.No matter how the final version turns out, i'm just glad i can now replace my SSC Terminator with something even more bad ass looking to pose on his fatboy HD.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bHLhJ46HbWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bHLhJ46HbWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:cool:

It really just comes down to proportions. The custom T2 Arnie I'm working on consists of the Neca head on a Saturday toys body with the Store Rooms biker outfit. When I started I put it all on a TT it looked off. The Sat Toys body gave it better proportion in terms of the clothes v. body mass. This is one of the reasons why I'm hoping for HT to not use the Dutch body... I just think it's too big for this figure.

On a side note, the neck on those promo pics doesn't look much like the Dutch neck to me.... In fact it looks like a standard neck piece. :huh

I tried that too. The problem I have with the ST-1 is that it's as short as the Pro. While Arnold isn't the 6'2" he claims to be, he's not the 5'9" Luke Skywalker is. That would be fine if he's all ya got, but it sets him off scale with the T-1000 and makes him marginally taller than Sarah.

I tried that too. The problem I have with the ST-1 is that it's as short as the Pro. While Arnold isn't the 6'2" he claims to be, he's not the 5'9" Luke Skywalker is. That would be fine if he's all ya got, but it sets him off scale with the T-1000 and makes him marginally taller than Sarah.

Understandable.... I only have an Endo so it's passable for me.

I am throwing this movie in tonight for the 150th time.No matter how the final version turns out, i'm just glad i can now replace my SSC Terminator with something even more bad ass looking to pose on his fatboy.

Might need a body swap though, have to see, at least the SSC or even SSC kitbashes can ride the 1/6 fatboys.

Facially, the Sidshoe sculpt mirrors the T2 poster pretty well, I was pretty happy when I took this photo, with a better shotgun and costume I'll be able to do this and look really sharp, of course the portrait will look more real and all too.

1.jpg

Shots like this will really benefit though, the face was solid on the Sideshow portrait, but the hair sloping from front to back the way it did looked odd from 3/4 view on.

2.jpg

One thing I've since upgraded on the SSC costume was the shirt though, bad as the leather bits were, the "t-shirt" was just bad, but a lot of 1/6 t-shirts end up looking like turtlenecks, even some from Hot Toys, I don't know why they give them such big collars but they do and it looks bad.

How tall is Arnold then?

There's a whole website about it. :lol Most use the pose-off against Lou at the Olympia to favor the 6'2" claim comparing him to Lou's 6'5" however, on the stage Arnold was closer to the camera than Lou and in front of him the whole time. So for his height, I'd guesstimate between 5'11" and 6' tall:

:lol Find it hard to believe Arnie is 5 11"

6 foot 1 at the least imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back