Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800!

the final version of the jacket better be peppered with bullet holes, or atleast come with an additional one that is, with some nice weathering around them to make them stand out.

Maybe this Arnold will use that new buff truetype figure. Not a rubber body, but it has beefed up legs and chest to fill out clothes more. In fact, they may have developed that new body just to do this figure.

Also, it does have that exposed endo arm, so I would think they went something like the Wolverine approach which would leave the left arm interchangeable at the elbow socket.

Can't wait to see more. I sure hope the perfect Sarah Connor is to follow this.

According to qstoysandcollectibles newsletter email, this is part of the DX line of Hot Toys figures.

According to qstoysandcollectibles newsletter email, this is part of the DX line of Hot Toys figures.

Hmm... if that's true, it's a one off Fan Poll Fig IMO.

I can see some sort of T-1000 DX with regular cop outfit and biker helmet,chromed aviator glasses(i think they were) and jacket to go with it, hook hands, maybe the magnet bullet damage pieces like SSC version, maybe a half blown apart headsculpt from the shotgun blast during the escape from the correctional facility scene.I think the T-1000 also had a MP-5 during the helicopter chase scene as well...oh and a mini child photo of John Connor to go with it would be cool.

Last edited:

How much do ya rekon this will cost in the end guys?

I can see some sort of T-1000 DX with regular cop outfit and biker helmet and jacket to go with it, hook hands, maybe the magnet bullet damage piece like SSC version, maybe a half blown apart headsculpt from the shotgun blast during the escape from the correctional facility scene.I think the T-1000 also had a MP-5 during the helicopter chase seen as well...oh and a mini child photo of John Connor to go with it would be cool.

amen to that :cool:

How much do ya rekon this will cost in the end guys?

I'm guessing around £130-£160, dunno what that is for you guys in the US. I'd happily pay up to £160 for it.

Wolverine is going for £189.99 on play.com though and that's a bit dear, nearly £200. It's the dearest HT fig i've seen listed on play.com yet. I hope it's not a trend for figures coming out in 2010.

Man O Man it's about time a 1/6 dream come true for me!!!!!

Would be great if they treated this like they did the Thriller figure. Give us everything to make 2 figures... except the 2nd body.

And the point is made that the NECA is a nice item for $30. But its still leagues below the quality of what HT makes. In my collection I would rather pay $200 for a HT T2, than get 6 (or however many I could afford for the same price) 12" NECA figures.

Crap. I totally regret buying the Sideshow, especially because I bought two. :google:

If Hot Toys is making anything related to something Sideshow is making in 1:6 I should just wait.

It would be nice. Not the waiting part, but the making part. It would be great to see a 'James Bond' line of figures from Hot Toys.

i'm still holding out hope that a T1 version is in the not so distant future........:rock

i'm still holding out hope that a T1 version is in the not so distant future........:rock

I think it's coming, but for all the factors, I think it'll be like the Aliens and Predator lines, the sequels will be done first, then close with the original.

I want a T1 biker outfit, basically the original HT figure just with proper heads, and a 1984 style Reese. As decent as the old Reese heads look with a great repaint, the likeness to Biehn, providng they can do it, today will be amazing, they'll really have the sculpt with those crazy eyes.

Depending on posability of this figure, I may hold onto the Sideshow one for riding the Harley Fat Boy I have, I definitely want that in the display so if the HT figure can't do it then I've got a permanent rider.

Did you get the Fatboy off ebay? or some other source?

I think it's coming, but for all the factors, I think it'll be like the Aliens and Predator lines, the sequels will be done first, then close with the original.

I want a T1 biker outfit, basically the original HT figure just with proper heads, and a 1984 style Reese. As decent as the old Reese heads look with a great repaint, the likeness to Biehn, providng they can do it, today will be amazing, they'll really have the sculpt with those crazy eyes.

i'd go for all that............i just hope it isnt years. like waiting on the original predator.....:banghead

i'd go for all that............i just hope it isnt years. like waiting on the original predator.....:banghead

I have a feeling it'll be a couple.

If this T2 is a DX, unless it fully encompasses every possible look to him from T2 in one package, you're looking at at least 2 T-800's from them, same with the T-1000. They might do Sarah from Dyson's house on with her hair down and give her the guns from the SWAT van. So you're looking at 3-5 figures minimum from T2, that's figuring they won't try to use the Sideshow hobbit body to give us a John Connor. I'm certain they'll do 1-2 T-800s from Terminator 3, not sure you could really 2 in 1 his battle damage in that film, they'll do a fleshed and endo version of the TX I'm sure, doubt they'll do Connor, can't imagine many would buy him from that film, so about 4 T3 figures. You've got rought 7-9 figures they can produce before we see T1, and I'm assuming since it's an older property, they're not going to try and crank it out at a Salvation pace because there's no film release to ride the coattails of, and Iron Man 2 and all the new film releaseas coming in 2010 are really going to occuppy their resources more than the Terminator series whose fans aren't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back