Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800!

Depending on posability of this figure, I may hold onto the Sideshow one for riding the Harley Fat Boy I have, I definitely want that in the display so if the HT figure can't do it then I've got a permanent rider.

He had the black t-shirt though on the Harley, so the HT one won't work, accurately. I know, whatever.

I doubt the SS one will look good standing next to this one, judging by the details on the jacket alone. Sort of a "what was" and "what is now" display. What a difference two years makes.

Well we don't know what all he comes with based on that one pic. I'm sure he will come with more stuff.

Well, so far we're only seeing the grey t-shirt, but it's a t-shirt, they can easily throw both the black and grey one in there, and I expect they would.

My guess is, this figure will be done to encompass from the start of the film up until the battle damage at Cyberdyne, then there'll be a BD figure to cover from there.

One thing I like is that the gun is shorter in length. I noticed staging photos with the Sideshow one, it's considerably longer than the film weapon.

Ultimate T-800 for me: Cyberdyne BD T-800

somewhat BD T-800 with minigun, ammo satchel, that tear gas gun, pistol, and any other weapon he was lugging around at Cyberdyne. I like him when he's like a walking arsenal.

Ultimate T-1000: final version

cop biker pants with cop shirt, hole-in-eye head, maybe holding that long pole he used to skewer Arnold with. A fully exploded version would rock too (though I don't see that happening unless its a bendy torso add-on). Dreaming now.

With a Grey T shirt, this is intended for a Cyberdyne T 800, the shotgun sort of makes no sense as he was wearing a black T then, he switched out T shirts at Chett's.

I think we'll see a full blown Cyberdyne shoot-out Fig here, sans the gas pellet gun. That means gloved hands as well.

If they follow with a DX Cyberdyne, with PERS and 2nd BD head, a lot of people will be pissed.

Nice to see they got the rights and likeness rights. Should be interesting.

They should but won't. Could be a SSC EX though.

Ideally, it'll be just two figures, but they could potentially get 3 out of it.

Wow... very cool news! Love the reveal arm; still would prefer a T1 version, but I'll definitely pick this up in the mean time.

Anyone hear that? Its the sound of the Sideshow T-800 price plummeting :lol

Nice to see they got the rights and likeness rights. Should be interesting.

Arnold's likeness is covered in the T2 license, they don't have to secure his permission outside of the movie rights, unlike Predator, probably why they're starting with T2 also, T1 would require dealing with Arnold's rights company again like Dutch.

I hope the likeness is off.

J/K

I don't see a DX being made if they cover the rest of his look in regular figures, they've got all the reference material they could ever want out there for T2, if they don't get it right the first go around, there's no excuse to DX and do it better, if they make that move that'll seal it that improved figures are completely with intent and not because they just weren't equipped to do the best the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back