Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800!

The downside I see is if it's a DX and as encompassing as I think it should be, which means one box full covers every possible look for him, it'd probably run $300+ for the set.

When HT announced the DX line, their description was that the DX figures would be ones that go above and beyond what you traditionally get with an MMS figure. Marcus is a very deluxe MMS figure, but a DX would have had a full 2nd costume instead of just a jacket swap, so all you would need is a spare body, where the current release, you need the body and clothes. Unfortuantely to date, DX releases have all been revisits of existing figures giving collectors the idea that the line will be nothing but that. If this T2 figure is a DX, then finally we'll know the DX line will be used to offer the best package/representation of a figure and not just to cash in on improving ones that already did well.

So why not call Michael Jackson a DX then? Maybe it has to have PERS too and the Stand?

So why not call Michael Jackson a DX then? Maybe it has to have PERS too and the Stand?

No idea, the word is the BD Iron Man Stark portrait was going to have PERS when it was going to be a DX figure, so I'm guessing every DX figure will feature PERS, or LED's like the sonar Batman head. I don't know what they'll qualify as above and beyond, but I know that's how they described it and most of us HT collectors are waiting for something like this T2 to give us a sign the DX name will be used beyond rehash figures.

If it's a DX it should have red LED eyes like the RE5 Wesker.

The only head that should have LED eyes would be the final BD look, and HT did that already years ago on their first Terminator so there's no doubt it'll include them this time around.

I'm talking about glowing red human pupils like Wesker has. That would be awesome.

wesker3.jpg

I know, and I think unncessary, he never had that in the film.

He did in the teaser trailer and it kicked FA

956-067~Terminator-2-Posters.jpg

Have to agree... red pupils would be stupid on this figure. Red battled damaged eye; yes and I can't imagine they won't do that.

I don't know how much it would reduce figure price, but I say don't even use PERS, Arnie's eyes aren't overly wide, I think it'd be a wasted feature on him, that or they'd cut the eyes wider for the PERS and then it'd look silly.

Yeah but he often looks to the side so PERS is a must.

If it's a DX and gives us every possible incarnation of Arnie and costs $300 I won't be too bothered, in fact i'd be happy.

If this is the 1st figure then they come out with battle damaged, semi-battle damaged, mini-gun versions then i'd be pissed because I woudn't have enough to buy them all, and i'd no doubt want them.

now that dx 02 batman is out, i'm guessing that if he really is a DX then we should be seeing official stuff soon, especially if this dude is coming out in less than 4 months. Dx 03 baby, i'm all for it, :banana

That's the only thing that's got me iffy on this being a DX release, or being as thorough a DX as most of us would like/expect. To me, if it's DX, the one figure should just about cover everything about T-800 in T2, and to do that, I can't imagine production being complete in 4 months.

theres no way this is a dx release.... would you guys really be content if ht released this as a dx figure?.... Theonly way they would satisfied me with a dx release is if they included the final battle clothing final battle headsculpts ranging from semi damage to full damage a interchangle arm as well has bd chest piece.

Why are people regretting getting the SC one?
It was cheap as chips at the time.

I agree I have no intention of ever getting rid of my SS T2 figures they give me that fuzzy warm feeling all over!:chew

I'm guessing around £130-£160, dunno what that is for you guys in the US. I'd happily pay up to £160 for it.

Wolverine is going for £189.99 on play.com though and that's a bit dear, nearly £200. It's the dearest HT fig i've seen listed on play.com yet. I hope it's not a trend for figures coming out in 2010.

Im a pure and blessed London boy mate :lol

That's the only thing that's got me iffy on this being a DX release, or being as thorough a DX as most of us would like/expect. To me, if it's DX, the one figure should just about cover everything about T-800 in T2, and to do that, I can't imagine production being complete in 4 months.

good point maul, this is certainly not a figure that i want rushed, but hopefully they've been working on it a lot longer than we think. The only way I could see them doing a dx of this is if its like, a stictly-non battle damaged figure (besides the one endo arm) to show how he looked for the first half of the movie. then, dare I say, they make another one (dx or mms) that is strictly battle-damaged, and allows us to make up the various stages of BD through out the film. One good thing though, is if they can make an interchangable endo arm, then it should be no problem doing the severed arm from the final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back