Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800!

Definitely looking forward to this figure.

I just wish I hadn't wasted the $30 on the NECA though :lol

Nope cause there is nothing to compare.

Hot Toys >>>>>>> Neca Toy

I bought the Neca for the head sculpt and I can tell you right now I'd rather print the photo of the HT figure, frame it and put it on my shelf over displaying the NECA version.

YES, I am going to start this again, it's not insulting and it's not outta line.

You guys purchase $200.00 action figures and you act like you just picked up a Maserati, and nothing (especially with 1/5 the MSRP will come close) ... which is FALSE Guys were talking about action figures. We're not talking about fine wine, fine cars or fine women.

please give me a break, actually no keep talking i am amused at how pompus you stooges conduct yourself when talking about HOT TOYS figures & Sideshow Collectibles.

The are well done figures, graet head sculpts but in certain cases their articulation sucks.NECA the "poor man's figures" offer similar quality head sculpts and some cases better articulation.

It's in NO WAY outta line to compare a HOT TOYS to a NECA, and to think otherwise is propersterous. Here is the NECA 12"head sculpt compared to the Sideshow Premium Format Head Sculpt...it's close.

And please don't treat me like a fool for wanting to compare a HOT TOYS sculpt to a NECA sculpt.

IMGA0081.jpg

IMGA0079.jpg

NOTHING WORSE THAN SNOBS, especially when we're talking about action figures :rotfl :lol :rotfl

It doesn't hurt to open your eyes, and see things from your own perspective...not listen to the guy who has 10,000 posts and make his opinion yours, just a thought.

Crap. I totally regret buying the Sideshow, especially because I bought two. :google:

If Hot Toys is making anything related to something Sideshow is making in 1:6 I should just wait.

YES, I am going to start this again, it's not insulting and it's not outta line.

You guys purchase $200.00 action figures and you act like you just picked up a Maserati, and nothing (especially with 1/5 the MSRP will come close) ... which is FALSE Guys were talking about action figures. We're not talking about fine wine, fine cars or fine women.

please give me a break, actually no keep talking i am amused at how pompus you stooges conduct yourself when talking about HOT TOYS figures & Sideshow Collectibles.

The are well done figures, graet head sculpts but in certain cases their articulation sucks.NECA the "poor man's figures" offer similar quality head sculpts and some cases better articulation.

It's in NO WAY outta line to compare a HOT TOYS to a NECA, and to think otherwise is propersterous. Here is the NECA 12"head sculpt compared to the Sideshow Premium Format Head Sculpt...it's close.

And please don't treat me like a fool for wanting to compare a HOT TOYS sculpt to a NECA sculpt.

NOTHING WORSE THAN SNOBS, especially when we're talking about action figures :rotfl :lol :rotfl

It doesn't hurt to open your eyes, and see things from your own perspective...not listen to the guy who has 10,000 posts and make his opinion yours, just a thought.

Great sculpt... Love it... I just like clothes on my 1/6 dollies.... and the ability to pose them.

looks pretty promising but i'd only be interested in a stage4 bd version (in the steel mill). and of course, the t1000 in all his forms!

Good man Bezerkerr, the Neca version is astounding, especially for that price tag. Hot toys will have to go a long way if they want to get the body shape of Arnie as spot on as Neca did. It is 100% Arnold as the T-800, end of. It's a figure every T2 fan should happily have in his collection imo.

Back on topic, :rock :rock :rock :rock This is so exciting. My favourite film and dream figure is getting the hot toys treatment. Unbelievably good news!

Wonder when a-dev is going to stumble across this thread :lol

It'd take something really special to get me to buy T-1000 again in the costume that Sideshow did, I'm pretty happy with that figure as is, of course if HT packs him with interchangable BD heads I'm screwed :lol

I love the interchangable Endo arm....almost enough to get two.....hmmmmm....

That's how i see it, but others don't its made by NECA, for 2nd class collectors. :lol

You assume that simple because it's NECA is why people feel this is better, I rather doubt for a number of the folks liking this more, it's based solely on who makes it.

So does any one remember the pole a while back? Hot Toys asking us which Termainator character we would like to see next? well didn't T2 arnold come out on top?

Risking stating the obvious here but I wonder if that's why we are seeing T2 arnie over T1 arnie.

The poll could be an influence, but I still believe it's the licensing. HT knows it's not going to sell Arnold Terminator figures without his likeness, the T2 film license covers actor likeness, T1 doesnt, and T3 is the least popular. The smartest move for HT would be to make figures from a popular film with the least licensing hastles early on. If they revisit T1, it'll take time negotiating with Arnold's people about the likeness, releasing T2 stuff buys them time, especially since there are more figures they can make from that film than T1.

So does any one remember the pole a while back? Hot Toys asking us which Termainator character we would like to see next? well didn't T2 arnold come out on top?

Risking stating the obvious here but I wonder if that's why we are seeing T2 arnie over T1 arnie.

Well, they also had a Marvel poll and Spiderman and Hulk were neck and neck in that with Blade down quite a bit, but we got Blade first there.... Might be more of a tool to tease the fans :huh

I hope he's not on one of those damn rubber bodies.

I'm thinking,

Dutch - New Body
King Leonidas - New body
Wolverine - New body
And many others I don't know about, so
T2 T-800 - New body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back