Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800!

ht_t800-ret.jpg

From Toy-World

Coming April 2010 :google

everything looks good except for that skinny right arm. (photo distortion? or just simply a wimpy arm?)

Billions of miles better than the SSC version. Hopefully we'll get the T1000 and sara conner as well. Wonder if we'll get the kid too? haven't seen HT make that many small characters.

Yea i think i am going to have to start extorting people on the street for money to stay in this hobby.

Yo! *biitch slap!* wats in da wallet!!

Yea i think i am going to have to start extorting people on the street for money to stay in this hobby.

Yo! *biitch slap!* wats in da wallet!!

hahaha tell me about it. The hits keep coming.

Maybe this is a figure that the buffer thighs (that came on the Xmas gift) were developed for?

*ahhnold voice* Your bag, give it to me...now!!.

My most wanted figure ever.

Is this legit? I don't wanted to get my hopes up. I'll be looking forward for some Hot Toys official promo pics then. :)

Definitely legit mate i'd say. It's posed with other hot toys figures on the page it was scanned from

We got one preview pic and people are already mentioning a DX version.
:lol

Not in the sense of like "I'm going to wait for the DX version." but that since it's an older film where all the reference is out there, there's no reason it couldn't be an inclusive DX figure from the start. It's a hopeful commentary instead of the cynical kind that comes with stuff like Wolverine.

Not in the sense of like "I'm going to wait for the DX version." but that since it's an older film where all the reference is out there, there's no reason it couldn't be an inclusive DX figure from the start. It's a hopeful commentary instead of the cynical kind that comes with stuff like Wolverine.

A DX would be both good and bad... Good in that we'll get plenty of goodies, heads, weapons, etc.... Bad in that we'll all want two to display all the different items.

Why are people regretting getting the SC one?
It was cheap as chips at the time.

I love my SC Arnie. I have changed the body, but I still like it. I actually like displaying my pieces as progress works. Meaning SC's will be displayed with HT's version. Sort of like that print of human evolution.:D

I always thought DX was for best sellers.
Hot Toys gave that impression by calling them Deluxe versions.

If it is a DX I won't complain, but Marcus is a DX all but name so I wonder if this figure will have the DX Monika?
Also the PERS eyes will be more squinted if it is a DX

Why are people regretting getting the SC one?
It was cheap as chips at the time.

I can't see a reason to regret, particularly since it was a few years ago. I regret getting the NECA 12" because it was months, but the Sideshow, I'm glad for the things bettered on this HT figure but I don't feel like it was foolish to ever by the Sideshow, if that had been the only 12" T2 figure like this ever made then I'd not even have that.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!.....This is a must buy for me...It also says in Q's email that this is a DX T2 Terminator....So I would assume 3 different heads right?...Regular,Cyberdyne weathering and FB totally Fed up version with light-up eye.....

A DX would be both good and bad... Good in that we'll get plenty of goodies, heads, weapons, etc.... Bad in that we'll all want two to display all the different items.

The downside I see is if it's a DX and as encompassing as I think it should be, which means one box full covers every possible look for him, it'd probably run $300+ for the set.

I always thought DX was for best sellers.
Hot Toys gave that impression by calling them Deluxe versions.

If it is a DX I won't complain, but Marcus is a DX all but name so I wonder if this figure will have the DX Monika?
Also the PERS eyes will be more squinted if it is a DX

When HT announced the DX line, their description was that the DX figures would be ones that go above and beyond what you traditionally get with an MMS figure. Marcus is a very deluxe MMS figure, but a DX would have had a full 2nd costume instead of just a jacket swap, so all you would need is a spare body, where the current release, you need the body and clothes. Unfortuantely to date, DX releases have all been revisits of existing figures giving collectors the idea that the line will be nothing but that. If this T2 figure is a DX, then finally we'll know the DX line will be used to offer the best package/representation of a figure and not just to cash in on improving ones that already did well.

personally i feel dx line should be used as a way to release the fniest version of the character hot toys has to offer... meaning after a dx release no more variants are going to be produced... this is the first t-2 figure, so I'm sure hot toys will have many many versions for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back