Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post. Custom and aftermarket work is not for everyone. Some think it's a waste of money, others think it's money well-spent.

If I could cut out my own cape and be satisfied with the result I would but I can't and I wouldn't. That's why I went with a TM cape. As you stated, to each their own.

Thx a lot, YFB :) Was worried I'd come off as a Tony Mei fanboy, but in all honesty, I just appreciate art, simple as that. Tony does have a passion and love for his work that I think is really rare to find in a customizer, and I think his final products reflect that passion and dedication. Really sad to hear Tony and Crystal are gonna be calling it quits soon. Again, for anyone who's been on the fence about getting some of his work, do yourself a favor and just get one piece. You can thank me later.

Thx a lot, YFB :) Was worried I'd come off as a Tony Mei fanboy, but in all honesty, I just appreciate art, simple as that. Tony does have a passion and love for his work that I think is really rare to find in a customizer, and I think his final products reflect that passion and dedication. Really sad to hear Tony and Crystal are gonna be calling it quits soon. Again, for anyone who's been on the fence about getting some of his work, do yourself a favor and just get one piece. You can thank me later.

Oh snap, they are??!!! You're still offering the new Begins and TDK battle cape right? :pray: Been waiting 2 months for that, haha.

this is the last year we are offering this service, I do not really care who want to take on or copy this cape business, feel free to : )

]

tony, this is ur last year ? this is a joke right? ... i still havent finish the killing joke, jim lee and animated series and i hope you still able to help me out :pray:

i really dont understood what all the fuss about the tony's cape, nobody force you to buy his custom cape. i've been buying custom cape from Illforigno , dark spartan (wired for tdk), and tony for batman begins (long one) i think they are all awesome cape
but when it comes to custom batman suits like dark knight returns, tony really make a great job, for me its worth every penny. im glad having tony's talent/services in this community and i hope you will kee doin what ur doin tony.. btw im still waiting for batman the animated series run LOL

Well I'm a Tony Mei fanboy. :yess:
I have tried making my own cape, I have futzed stock capes for hours...and they never come close to Tony's cape.
I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Some may think its silly cause its just a cape, but when a figure has a cape, it can make or break a figure.
Capes gives a sign of royalty, and if it looks cheap, it doesn't elevate the look of a figure to the next level.

Tony's cape are not cheaply cut, they are custom cut, and sewn to fit the figure perfectly.
If you own one of his capes, you'll understand why they are worth it.

Stock

Tony's

More Tony's

batinterrogBATS2A.jpg

And of course, the man of steel.

I sure hope Tony doesn't quit making capes.
And if he does, I hope I won't need any more.
Tony, don't quit at least til I get the hot toys batfleck.
We know ht is gonna make it and I'll probably need your cape. :)

Love those EB Bats photos, Remy. I'm not sure if I have saved them before, but darn it, I'll save them again for future reference. That figure is so alive in your photos.

EB Bats is one of those figures that wow me each time I see other owners' photos of it, as if I don't see it on a regular basis on my own shelf. Like the QS001 and EB BD T800.

That's exactly what I want. Are those the stock triangular cape holders in the set location on the figure or were they customized/glued to the cowl?

batinterrogBATS2A.jpg

I totally agree spending that much for fabric is silly, that is why I start making my own capes.....
Dont know why but my PM seem to not reach you. I am really interested on buying your custom cape for the QS001 please hit me up a PM when you got a chance.

Dont know why but my PM seem to not reach you. I am really interested on buying your custom cape for the QS001 please hit me up a PM when you got a chance.

Sorry, I don't use pm box often..... It's always full and hard to use. Show you some pictures thru email or Facebook later : )

Well I'm a Tony Mei fanboy. :yess:
I have tried making my own cape, I have futzed stock capes for hours...and they never come close to Tony's cape.
I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Some may think its silly cause its just a cape, but when a figure has a cape, it can make or break a figure.
Capes gives a sign of royalty, and if it looks cheap, it doesn't elevate the look of a figure to the next level.

Tony's cape are not cheaply cut, they are custom cut, and sewn to fit the figure perfectly.
If you own one of his capes, you'll understand why they are worth it.

Stock

Tony's

More Tony's

batinterrogBATS2A.jpg

And of course, the man of steel.

I sure hope Tony doesn't quit making capes.
And if he does, I hope I won't need any more.
Tony, don't quit at least til I get the hot toys batfleck.
We know ht is gonna make it and I'll probably need your cape. :)

Tony's work speaks for itself. Nicely done. :clap

Love those EB Bats photos, Remy. I'm not sure if I have saved them before, but darn it, I'll save them again for future reference. That figure is so alive in your photos.

EB Bats is one of those figures that wow me each time I see other owners' photos of it, as if I don't see it on a regular basis on my own shelf. Like the QS001 and EB BD T800.

Thanks man.
Same here, I only have two 1/4 figures, and its in a separate area from the rest of the collection, so most of the time, the 1/6 gets a lot of my attention. But this figure still stops me from my tracks when I pass by it, and it never ceases to amaze me.

That's exactly what I want. Are those the stock triangular cape holders in the set location on the figure or were they customized/glued to the cowl?

batinterrogBATS2A.jpg
They are the stock cape holders that I cut from the body and moved to the proper area.
What I did was cut a very small strip of electrical tape, with the sticky side up, I put half of the tape under the cowl, the other half attached to the cape holders.

Tony's work speaks for itself. Nicely done. :clap

Thanks Yankee.
Indeed, just needed to give credit where credit is due.
the man knows capes.

Tony's capes are spectacular. They are more complex then a piece of fbric cut into a shape. A lot of time and research go into making them. All of my Batman figures are wearing Tony's capes.

Tony and Crystal are the best!

Tony's capes are spectacular. They are more complex then a piece of fbric cut into a shape. A lot of time and research go into making them. All of my Batman figures are wearing Tony's capes.

Tony and Crystal are the best!

I think that's the big misconception, a lot of people think he just buys some cheap fabric then then cut into a shape of a cape, then sells them for $$$.
Just like a costume designer doesnt just buy fabric then cut it to hang to a costume. There's measurements involved, choosing the best material, and stiching so that the cape will hang as intended.
If it was that easy, then all of HT's cape should be excellent. But even with HT's resources, their capes are always too poofy and has the wrong material.

Nice pics Remy! Awesome showcase of TM's work! Your custom Begins display is pretty amazing too! :clap

Thank you very much buddy. :) :duff

Back