Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

Hot Toys should have considered packaging it in "smaller pieces" to be totally assembled like a model kit, maybe ..just maybe it could have been
done in 1/6 scale to justify ( for me ) that price range. (if the price would be the same if they made it in 1/6 scale)

-the 6" Dark Knight figure is good, should have had an extra Wayne head though (Mafex version is a bit skinny but has extras!)
-the "slow spinning blades" is another let down

now we collectors are gonna jump to soap studio for that tumbler (if budget permits )
and to mafex for the batpod just to complete the 1/12 scale vehicles (lots of money to burn)

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

This is what happens when an unstoppable force(my wallet) meets an immovable object (the bat).....Nothing! lol
(Get the movie reference).......
I'm with the majority on this one. Could have maybe made it look decent by setting it up to hover above my gotham city display but the price is too much for me to justify. Sorry hot toys....just not worth it imo.

I'd be majorly dissappointed if i had ordered this. 1/6 scale wasn't an option, but they should have at least got the details right.

Cockpit, the front consoles are connected to the canopy by 2 rods, which pull them forward for better access. No attempt has been made to replicate this.

htbat1.jpg

Underside, there should be 2 windows underneath, 1 by the pilot's feet and a square one between his legs. Both are missing. The 2 spotlights are set into the air scoop, but should really be either side of the square window.

htbat2.jpg

The rear hinged flaps are rectangular and are too short. They should be more square and much larger.

htbat3.jpg

The 2 arched struts which connect the ribs underneath should extend forward into the angled flaps, not end with unsightly lumps. Also the angled flaps should be below, not above the rear cockpit frame. (this may be due to the reviewer positioning them incorrectly)

htbat4.jpg

There is a lack of detailing around the rear wing flaps, particularly at the ends.

htbat5.jpg

There seems to be no lighting for the instrument panels and the stand has 2 heights, which suggests it cannot support it's own weight, so the landing gear is effectively useless. I could be wrong about that though.
For this kind of money, it really should have been better.

I'd be majorly dissappointed if i had ordered this. 1/6 scale wasn't an option, but they should have at least got the details right.

Cockpit, the front consoles are connected to the canopy by 2 rods, which pull them forward for better access. No attempt has been made to replicate this.

View attachment 212802

Underside, there should be 2 windows underneath, 1 by the pilot's feet and a square one between his legs. Both are missing. The 2 spotlights are set into the air scoop, but should really be either side of the square window.

View attachment 212804

The rear hinged flaps are rectangular and are too short. They should be more square and much larger.

View attachment 212805

The 2 arched struts which connect the ribs underneath should extend forward into the angled flaps, not end with unsightly lumps. Also the angled flaps should be below, not above the rear cockpit frame. (this may be due to the reviewer positioning them incorrectly)

View attachment 212807

There is a lack of detailing around the rear wing flaps, particularly at the ends.

View attachment 212808

There seems to be no lighting for the instrument panels and the stand has 2 heights, which suggests it cannot support it's own weight, so the landing gear is effectively useless. I could be wrong about that though.
For this kind of money, it really should have been better.

Great ! Thanks for pointing out some shortcuts HT made- there are MANY MANY more- this thing was just rushed and at some point HT gave up refining it and realized it would be a sales dud so they just pushed it out. Fine if it was $400..not twice that much!!!

No interest in the Bat, but it's still a quality piece, IMO. You guys wishing it had never been made b/c it's not 1:6, WTF? And comparing it to Hasbro, I mean seriously. That's ridiculous. I hope they make 1:12 SW TIEs. Personally I love everything being the same scale, but it's just not possible with the ships, necessarily (honestly, how many of you guys bitching would've bought a true 1:6 at say $2500 -- that's right, maybe one or two of you, at most!). Slave I or a TIE, I'll take 1:12 b/c it's not fooking possible to display otherwise (for most of us).

No interest in the Bat, but it's still a quality piece, IMO. You guys wishing it had never been made b/c it's not 1:6, WTF? And comparing it to Hasbro, I mean seriously. That's ridiculous. I hope they make 1:12 SW TIEs. Personally I love everything being the same scale, but it's just not possible with the ships, necessarily (honestly, how many of you guys bitching would've bought a true 1:6 at say $2500 -- that's right, maybe one or two of you, at most!). Slave I or a TIE, I'll take 1:12 b/c it's not fooking possible to display otherwise (for most of us).

Slave I in 1/12 would be massive.

Yeah, even 1:12 is probably not realistic for the Slave, thinking about it now. Well, I'd settle for a TIE. Would still look great in a 1:6 SW collection, same way people might mix in 1:1 props/helmets here and there.

:exactly::goodpost:

I feel bad for writing it, because toyszoned seems proud to own this, but Christ, that hair. It looks like Play-Doh. :slap :lol

This would be a tough sell at $250 or $300, let alone $780.

:slap

So is this out yet ? Just saw a review on the piece.

This was released in HK a while back, but Sideshow haven't got their stock yet.

oh ok, i haven't seen anyone posting pics... that's why I was like whaaatttt ??????

oh ok, i haven't seen anyone posting pics... that's why I was like whaaatttt ??????

Jump on youtube, there are a couple of new reviews on it. I think it looks pretty awesome .
I dont care for the figures so not an issue for me. My only gripe is the fans being too noisy but as a stand alone piece, I think they did a good job.

This will be 50% off at Spooktacular time- if not the dust will continue to gather on these..

next year maybe. this year is too early.

As far as I know, Paul's is the first English language review of this release.

As for when Sideshow may be receiving its first shipments of this, I believe this was released in HK in late August, so add two months.

Back