Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

True, I wonder how many duds and complaints there will be, if any.

- "my propellers don't work properly!"
- "this thin piece just snapped off!"
- "there's scratches!"
- "the figures limbs are too loose (too tight)!"
- "glue marks!"
- "my lights don't work!"
- "the gun turrents are too fragile and broke!"

NO REPLACEMENTS?!?!

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.:lol

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

Looks nice but I'll probably pass. Though, MMS Compact Series? This intrigues me.

Sweet Jesus. This is ****ing in$ane.

Scary to even think what a Batwing would retail for ......

Eh people complain about the prices but in the couple years I've been collecting the prices seem fairly consistent to me. There are some that are more and some that are less than I expect. Certain big things like this a high price point doesn't surprise me.

Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+...

If that's the case, which I really don't doubt, then I'm out after Robocop.

This price is so unbelievable, it's laughable. Yeah, engineering marvel or what have you, doesn't matter. A 1/6 tumbler was priced @ $469 not that long ago, and a beast of a 1989 batmobile followed suit with a higher price tag but somewhat tolerable... This makes absolutely zero sense. ZERO.

Apologists and masters in plastic toy production defending the price in 3, 2 1..... You know what? Don't even try. Kid yourselves all you want, this is RIDICULOUS. Nothing against the source material, but at this rate, some of us will be just fooling ourselves thinking that we will be able to afford this things in the near future.

**** this.

I keep thinking about how my Selina Kyle's goggles broke when I breathed on them wrong, then I look at all the pieces on this thing...good luck with that, ebay sellers.

I don't think the price on this necessarily means Hot Toys will be instituting across the board increases in the future, because they have to know that if they make their stuff prohibitively expensive they'll just be hurting their own bottom line in the long run. There aren't a huge number of Hot Toys collectors in the world to begin with, after all, so they don't want to risk pricing people out of the hobby...I hope. As it stands now I'm just really selective about the figures I buy, and for every pre-order I make I tend to cancel a lot of them too, once the fever of a new shiny Hot Toys offering wears off and I start thinking about how a given figure will or won't fit in my collection. A Batwing, for instance, while undeniably cool, just wouldn't be in my price range. The 1989 Batmobile, while also super-cool, is something I've managed to resist going after so far, mostly (I tell myself) because of space considerations but really because I'm desperately trying to keep my wallet from bursting into flames.

Yeah people flipping out like everything is just going to take a massive jump soon are being overdramatic if you ask me. Big things like these vehicles and whatnot it's not too surprising how expensive they cost.

I'll buy it at a high price~

If that's the case, which I really don't doubt, then I'm out after Robocop.

This price is so unbelievable, it's laughable. Yeah, engineering marvel or what have you, doesn't matter. A 1/6 tumbler was priced @ $469 not that long ago, and a beast of a 1989 batmobile followed suit with a higher price tag but somewhat tolerable... This makes absolutely zero sense. ZERO.

Apologists and masters in plastic toy production defending the price in 3, 2 1..... You know what? Don't even try. Kid yourselves all you want, this is RIDICULOUS. Nothing against the source material, but at this rate, some of us will be just fooling ourselves thinking that we will be able to afford this things in the near future.

**** this.

noob!!!

I'd rather have reissues of the tumbler & batpod than this crap.

Looks awesome. I hope HT pursues the 1/12 scale for other lines.

The price...eh....gigantic luxury item with lots of parts. If you're angry about it, you're livin' wrong.

1297535593182_ORIGINAL.jpg

I'm glad I never liked the Bat's design. Looks more like a beetle than a bat. Can HT sell the Batman and Catwoman figures separately? I wanted to buy Medicom's Mafex Batman but heard it's so fragile so I'll go with HT's instead.

I remember that companies like HT and SSC wouldn't even consider large pieces like this - as recently as Iron Man 1 movie release - Iron Monger was deemed too large, too much engineering and would have to have too high a price so it wasn't worth making it. A few years later - now we have Iron Monger.

I'm not sure when it happened, but there was a realisation at these companies that NOTHING is too expensive if it's a popular property and an impressive piece. The alternative to this price is not doing the Bat at all. So they won't sell 5000, but obviously they figure they'll sell enough to make a profit on it. And I'm sure the profit they're making isn't unreasonable - they know there's a level of resistance at certain prices.

I'm glad I never liked the Bat's design. Looks more like a beetle than a bat.

Actually me and some of my friends call it "The Lobster" :lol

Anyway, that's some huge mark-up by SSC right there. $90 difference for a 1/12 Selina Kyle and Fusion Reactor.

US residents pay extra for shipping and taxes on top of the SRP, yes?

Pricing is cray cray IMO

At that scale you can't achieve the details to justify the price.

Agreed. You can get much better quality stuff at that price. I'm passing for sure!

$800? That's an easy pass for a plastic helicopter and two glorified Movie Masters figures.

Back