Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

^That was the 1/6 show piece that HT used to display at shows around the world. This one would just be as big as the Tumbler.

The price though. I'm tappin' out. I wonder how much the 66 Batmobile would cost when it comes out.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

I wonder how much the 66 Batmobile would cost when it comes out.

Hopefully not as much.

I had absolutely no intention of buying the '66 Batmobile as I was content with my Batpod and 1989 Batmobile. Once I received the '66 West Batman and '66 Robin though, just the thought of having them with THE car got me excited. That'd be a real shame if they priced the '66 Batmobile around the same MSRP as this over priced sucker. A real shame.

~100 to 120

I wish they showed the articulation of the figures. Not that I am buying this at all. That money is saved for the 1966 Batmobile.

$800? That's an easy pass for a plastic helicopter and two glorified Movie Masters figures.

Yes I think HT has gone overboard on pricing with this one. I want it but in no hurry to decide.

Hopefully not as much.

I had absolutely no intention of buying the '66 Batmobile as I was content with my Batpod and 1989 Batmobile. Once I received the '66 West Batman and '66 Robin though, just the thought of having them with THE car got me excited. That'd be a real shame if they priced the '66 Batmobile around the same MSRP as this over priced sucker. A real shame.

I felt the same. Upon unboxing the Dynamic Duo I realized I gotta have the '66 Batmobile. It may not be $800 (hopefully), but the longer HT delays it the more I fear it might cost way higher than it should have been if it were launched last year, the same way I fear that when Batman Returns figures come out and if they'd be DX's I might no longer be able to afford them.

I felt the same. Upon unboxing the Dynamic Duo I realized I gotta have the '66 Batmobile. It may not be $800 (hopefully), but the longer HT delays it the more I fear it might cost way higher than it should have been if it were launched last year, the same way I fear that when Batman Returns figures come out and if they'd be DX's I might no longer be able to afford them.

I'm guessing $700-750 for 66 Batmobile- yes higher than the '89.

How much dd 89 Batmobile cost to ship ?

With Warner Bros. store, it was $10 bucks (for a generous 2-day air). But that was an exception because they goofed (and thankfully were nice enough to honor).

Sideshow, BBTS and everyone else charged $112 at the most.

The shipping might be more than that. I saw a pic of the box on a forklift

Yeah, that was the 1/6 one that got cancelled/scrapped.

16585940037791002420514.jpg

This one is 1/12, the one that is available for order for $780.

1005633_527808853958769_594994508_n.jpg~original

Unless this thing can actually fly...no thanks

Pricing on this sucker makes me nervous about future large HTs, the AoU Hulkbuster in particular.

Such an easy pass!
Sad that HT wimped out and went with 1/12 and not 1/6
Go big or go home!

:lol $800 for 1/12

Idiots.

People balk at $800 yet wish for 1/6 scale :slap:rotfl

Yup, makes no sense.

I was checking facebook to see what the reactions were, and most of them are "wut, no 1/6? FAIL". I guess people just don't realize how impractical (and impossible) a fully manufactured 1/6 version of it would be. Even if it was somehow manageable from a production standpoint, the shipping and QC issues would be outrageous. That's not even commenting on what it'd be priced at.

I can see this not being popular even in my NolanBatman-Loco country. The price is just too much, it might actually be better not to PO it as it can POSSIBLY be had for below retail from stores whose stocks are not moving and/or collectors who PO'd and are suddenly regretting the purchase for some reasons.

Eh, I don't think anyone is flipping out. The prices have been jumping up, that's just how it is. Complaining about it is pointless, but speculating about increases for years as they happen isn't.

When I first started collecting, a regular MMS figure like Bank Robber Joker and T-1000 (both of which had multiple heads and a buttload of accessories), cost $140-$150 each (which I thought was high for a doll, even then). Now, a crappy barebones MMS figure like ASM2 Spider-Man or TDW Loki is $230. $230! That big Robocop w/ Jetpack was $150, now a Robocop with diecast is $300 (or $430 with a plastic chair). My first DX figure was DX 01 Joker. It too was a pretty impressive release in terms of "stuff" and the MSRP was $170 (DX 02 too). What's the average price for a DX figure now? $264 to $300 (DX 08 - DX 13). That's about a $100 jump in just the last couple of years.

Like wise the vehicles and bigger characters shot up. Back in 2006, ED was about $200. Today? An ED (with awful electronics) cost $400. The Tumbler was $400 right out the gate back when it first debuted for TDK, then the '89 Batmobile showed up at a whopping $630. We're not talking small increments here and there, we're talking massive jumps. Now we have a 1/12 vehicle that's a little smaller than the '89 Batmobile (their largest item to date), and that sucker is pushing $800. True, it comes with two small action figures, but I doubt two characters and a plastic orb equate to $200. They don't seem any more detailed than Hasbro's Star Wars Black Series figures, and those are $20 a pop. Their upcoming Jabba and Speeder Bike deluxe figures are $40.

Saying their next big ticket item will be $1,000, an MMS $300, and a DX $350 isn't a stretch, it'll happen. With each release they push the threshold, while collectors complain and buy anyway.

It's funny in a way what easily sways the masses. Don't suppose you heard the £90 England shirts (might be $153) for the World Cup? All because it had vented arrows down the sides of the chest. Airtex. Regular shirt was just under £50 with no vents.

However… October 2015….

It looks impressive.

Good thing I don't like the Bat that much :lol

I will be hunting for a loose Batman when the time comes though.

Yup, makes no sense.

I was checking facebook to see what the reactions were, and most of them are "wut, no 1/6? FAIL". I guess people just don't realize how impractical (and impossible) a fully manufactured 1/6 version of it would be. Even if it was somehow manageable from a production standpoint, the shipping and QC issues would be outrageous. That's not even commenting on what it'd be priced at.

I know the 1/6 scale version is theoretically impractical. But the completist collector in me desperately wants to see a 1/6 scale The Bat next to my 1/6 Tumbler and Batpod. Display issues and flack from the wife aside - that piece would be amazing to own.

With that said, I know it is next to impossible to mass market the thing. This leaves the 1/12 release as our only plausible option. I am one of those who is balking at the near $800 price tag who also rants and raves for a 1/6th The Bat because, in my mind, if I'm going to fork out that much cash for a high-end model like this - I want it to be exactly what I want and an exact fit for my collection. While I know that a 1/6th scale The Bat would retail for EVEN MORE than the $800 current price, to me it would be a worthwhile sacrifice/investment bc I'd be getting my ideal collectible.

Does it make complete sense? Maybe, maybe not. But I think other collectors like me would probably have the same discussion points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back