Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - TDKR: The Bat Collectible - Regular + Deluxe (Official Spec + Pic

These would be in scale with the Medicom MAFEX figures and there new Dark Knight Joker looks great.

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - TDKR: The Bat Collectible - Regular + Deluxe (Official Spec + Pic

I will say this though. I may think the idea and design of the vehicle is absolute horse ****, but you can tell a lot of experience and craftsmanship went into making this thing based on the pics. I can appreciate that from the sculptors, designers and artisans.

Still, based on past experiences, I bet the shipping process for this is a nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people that get this have something that comes broken, scratched, etc. especially with all these parts and gimmicks. I hope they pack it well for those that are buying. Moveable propellers are quite ambitious. I have my doubts as to how they'll pull that off.

I actually don't mind a compact series. If i can get the same detail and design from the full size tumbler on a smaller size one, which should be cheaper as well, then I'm all for it. Display space is hard to come by for me so to just get the same tumbler but smaller, I say yes.

I own both the 1:6 tumbler and the 1:6 89 Batmobile and welcome the 1:12 scale for the BAT. If the quality and detail we expect from Hot Toys are given to this piece as it has with the 1:6 vehicles, it will be worth it to me. To each their own - not arguing the fact a 1:6 monster would have been impressive but at this scale I am able to display it....and not store it away because I don't have the room. Roughly being the same scale as the Tumbler it will be an impressive piece. Adding in the 1:12 figures allows Hot Toys to enter in a whole new genre. Would anyone deny a 1:12 scale ALIEN dropship or APC? How about an 89 Batwing or a Star Wars series? Unlikely to be made at this point but it gives us hope more vehicle memorabilia can be made. To keep a line of figures in the same scale is important but in this case it's an exception...for me at least. Looking forward to the pre-order.

The 75th anniversary and HT logos on the same picture has me excited. Announce Returns and AC now please.

I just don't care for Christopher Nolan's Batman aesthetic. Nothing about that "Bat" vehicle looks like a bat. Nothing about the "Batmobile" looked like a Batmobile. The costume Bale wore was the worst looking of all the bat-costumes with the exception of Clooney's bat-nipple outfit, and Bale's cape always looked like a mismatched blanket. Yes, the style might be more realistic, for a rich vigilante who fights maniac terrorists in Halloween costumes. But how realistic can Batman be before it ceases to be Batman?

Give me the Keaton style any day. His bat-plane looked like a bat-plane and his Batmobile looked like a Batmobile. His cape didn't look like a blanket and his outfit--though completely impractical--looked awesome. (And it's not like anyone could fight crime in Bale's outfit before fainting from heat exhaustion anyway.)

Just needed to vent. For me the one great thing to come out of the Nolan movies is Heath Ledger's Joker; everything else, to me, was an artistic misfire, and this vehicle just sums it all up perfectly. If it wasn't painted black you wouldn't even think it had anything to do with Batman.

Bring on Bat-fleck; though I wouldn't mind if Hot Toys gave us one more Joker first.

Enough Nolan bs.

I hope loads more Nolan stuff gets released just to annoy the haters.

What's the point in moaning? If you don't like Nolan Universe Batman then fine - but don't come in a Nolan thread and whine.

I don't like X-Men but I don't find X-Men threads and post negative comments about it.

What's the point in moaning? If you don't like Nolan Universe Batman then fine - but don't come in a Nolan thread and whine.

I don't like X-Men but I don't find X-Men threads and post negative comments about it.

Bingo!! :goodpost: Im new on this forum but the same thing seems to happen on every other forum I visit.

Wanted to see a close up of the figures, I see they're hiding those for now. I would hate Burton stuff in this size.

1/12 and still this baby requires the same shelf space as the Tumbler.

Anyway, MMS "compact" sounds like a one and done deal to me, perhaps just to make this off-scale-than-HT's-usual sound more legit.

Wanted to see a close up of the figures, I see they're hiding those for now. I would hate Burton stuff in this size.

Probably we are going to see more pics soon. They usually display at the store( I don't remember the name of the store) after the announcement.

Well, I have all the rest of the figures from these movies....

ugh my aching wallet...

oh delux all the way

$620?
:thud:

I would be interested in a tumbler in this scale. Don't like the design of the Bat so I'll pass. Very interested to see how good the figures turn out, especially the paint.

Agreed. Also, the line is very successful so dream on for those that want this line to die. We've had two major Dark Knight since Dark Knight Rises came out. That's not really that much compared other lines, and that's coming from a Marvel fan.

So many people on facebook complaining for being 1/12... Take a look of the 1/6 Prototype

opening1.jpg

opening3.jpg

opening4.jpg

Way too rich for my blood that is for sure. I would be interested in the figures for my work office, but I know there is no way those will be for sale at a reasonable secondary market cost. I am also currently trying to reduce the space my Dark Knight collection takes up, because as the years go on the less I like the secondary characters / products.

I would love it if they released a Tumbler and Bat Pod in this scale.

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - THE BAT - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/12th scale collectible vehicl

to the powers that be, probably best to combine both 1/12 The Bat threads. I started this one in 2013, but if you want to switch it to the new one that was created yesterday, by all means. no sense having 2 threads...

:)

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

I find myself on the fence with this. Depending on the price and the estimated release date, I'm thinking I might get this. We'll see once it goes up for pre-order. But it would be the deluxe set or nothing for me.

Back