Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - THE BAT - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/12th scale collectible vehicl

Just saw this at secret base. Didnt notice much of the bats, though i did took some pics, but batman looks really bad. The whole figure have visible joints and paint is weaker than the smaller mafex version. It looks like a larger version of the mattel batman figure.

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - THE BAT - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/12th scale collectible vehicl

What do you expect, it's a 1/6 figure that needs to sit down, haha.

Yeah, would've loved 1/6 but it would've been gianormous! And definitely would've been problems packaging and shipping that thing.

Just saw this at secret base. Didnt notice much of the bats, though i did took some pics, but batman looks really bad. The whole figure have visible joints and paint is weaker than the smaller mafex version. It looks like a larger version of the mattel batman figure.

Hey, can you post those pics? Love to see them.

im not sure im sold on this thing. 1/12 1/6 1/4.... too many fractions!

Sorry for spreading potentially unconfirmed rumors, but I've read in another forum, that there was an interview with Howard Chan regarding the cancelation even of the 1/12 "The Bat" version.
Of course there was no link to the mentioned interview, so I'm wondering if this is true? Can somebody maybe confirm or disprove this rumor? :huh

It wouldn't surprise me because the 1/12 bat is still huge. But hey I don't have 20 posts yet either so don't take my word

Sorry for spreading potentially unconfirmed rumors, but I've read in another forum, that there was an interview with Howard Chan regarding the cancelation even of the 1/12 "The Bat" version.
Of course there was no link to the mentioned interview, so I'm wondering if this is true? Can somebody maybe confirm or disprove this rumor? :huh

At the end of the day, it would not surprise me either as its about as big as the 1/6 scale Tumbler, hell maybe even a bit bigger and its got to be fragile as all get out. I bought the Eaglemoss Bat a few months back and holding that thing in my hand really gave me a prospective as to how many crazy parts there are and just how breakable and fragile a small version of this can be. Let alone, a 1/12 scale one. But HT really needs to put this beast out simply because it would suck if this ends up being the one thing out of the entire line that never gets made while we get multiple Batmans, Jokers, Alfred, the Commish, and Ras plus a Blake and a Fox. Make it happen HT, please.

I doubt they would cancel this as they know the cash cow that Batman is.

So the size of the figure is practically a revoltech or medicom spiderman

I would be happy with any concrete info regarding this. I can't remember the last time we heard anything concrete on this.

From the ACGHK '2013 - The 15th Choice of Animation, Comics & Games Expo for Animation & Comic, Entertainment is held at Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition

Last edited:

^^^ Where is this from? Looks beautiful, and weathered down.

Wow, so far teh figure looks better than Mafex's.

Cant wait for it!!!

This thing is just as big as the 1/6 Tumbler if not slightly bigger. I have not seen it in person. As much as I want a 1/6 version, I'm glad it is 1/12 because 1/6 would've been really big! Not sure how I could display it since I'm having trouble getting a display for the Tumbler alone, plus a 1/12 would probably be around the Tumbler price range whereas a 1/6 would probably almost double!

Just realised I had restored my phone and deleted most of the pics I took.:gah:

Only I still have:

Was it you that said the Batman fig looked really crappy and low quality? I mean I guess it doesn't matter too much if he would just be inside the vehicle anyway.

Too bad about that Hydeous! Sucks. At least one pic survived.

Was it you that said the Batman fig looked really crappy and low quality? I mean I guess it doesn't matter too much if he would just be inside the vehicle anyway.

Yes. I personally think the final production mafex looks better than this proto. But then again HT sometimes (more often than not) changes and improve their final products. So we'll see when they announce and release these.

Too bad about that Hydeous! Sucks. At least one pic survived.

Yeah, the other picture that got deleted was a bigger picture of the figure by itself.

Imagine if you could get a 1/6th in a kit !!
Shipping wouldn't be an issue then

I never really got the massive investment that HT must have had to get to prototype stage in 1/6th and then didn't market it ?
I am sure they could have come up with a way of self assembly by the buyer
Still I agree very big when together

1/2 * I hope this video helps to some degree ~Ben G.

Last edited:
Back