Hot Toys Superman Returns and Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics, what's the source?

While I like the paint job on Bale's lower face more than the one on the Medicom, otherwise it looks identical. I really can't see how people are saying it's better than Takara's though when we haven't seen either one.

Well, except it has a two piece cowl to allow for more head movement, and the most important aspect - it will be in sixth scale.

Darklord Dave said:
Great pics, what's the source?

While I like the paint job on Bale's lower face more than the one on the Medicom, otherwise it looks identical. I really can't see how people are saying it's better than Takara's though when we haven't seen either one.

From what I have seen of the Takara Batman, I like the Hot Toys better...much better. The bat symbol on the proto sits too far up on the chest, the belt is the wrong color gold, and the bat symbol is a matte finish like the rest of the suit, which isn't how the outfit looked in the movie. That's just what I remember. The actual production piece might be better but right now I just don't see how Takara will improve upon this. I really really liked the Medicom but he was just too short for me to pick up. This seems to me at least, the best alternative.

Brad

My dealer will be charging just over $100 for these (plus shipping of course). Don't know how that will compare with other companies. He also says they are limited to 800 each!:monkey2

I like both of them, but, I can't afford to buy everything I see....unfortunately.

I had the DC Direct Batman Begins 13" figure, and thought it looked like something from Wal*Mart for $8.97, not worth the $70 price tag at all. I traded it away.

I guess I am spoiled by the great job Sideshow does on their 12" figures.

Darklord Dave said:
He also says they are limited to 800 each!

CRAP!:monkey2

these are gonna be almost impossible to get.

why would two of the coolest figures ever made be limited to 800???:confused:

why would two of the coolest figures ever made be limited to 800???:confused:

Probably has something to do with licensing from DC/WB. They want people to buy the inferior DC Direct product.

Darklord Dave said:
Probably has something to do with licensing from DC/WB. They want people to buy the inferior DC Direct product.

Is anyone taking orders on these already? If so, I want to go ahead and place an order because I am sold. That low number has me a bit worried.

Brad

hey dave,

did you get this info from ABC express? i noticed they have 5 superman figures up for "pre-order" on ebay already and are saying only 800 will be made.

they also said the medicom ROTJ vader and luke were limited to 1,000 figures and i doubt that was right. hopefully they are wrong about the amount of superman figures being made as well.

Darklord Dave said:

wouldn't it be better just to restrict these to asia and make us get them from importers? i don't think hot toys could even make any money on these figures with only 800 being made after they pay for the license and all.

Last edited:
I really love the Batman, that costume is spot on and he just looks really cool. I like the Superman too, but if I got one it would be Batman.

I hope that it's available somewhere soon... :monkey2

Supposedly they'll be available in June. Nope, ABC Express isn't the source of info, I deal with kamingobob who said the same thing about 800. It just doesn't make sense that they'd be that limited though. It could be a marketing ploy like the 1000 of Luke and Vader probably was.

Why have these not been cross-posted yet? If I had been on the fence before, these would have pushed me over...

I'm really on the fence between these from Hot Toys and the offerings from MediCom. The Medis shortness really bugs me...I wonder how hard these will be to get come June....I wonder if SST will distribute these....

Darklord Dave said:
Why have these not been cross-posted yet? If I had been on the fence before, these would have pushed me over...

Thanks DD, best pics yet and my mind is now made up.

I want both SR and BB from HT!

ABC SR listing with more pics:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-Movie...goryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ABC BB listing with more pics and weapons:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-Movie...4575748QQcategoryZ348QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

So, I see from ABC Express each piece is Ltd to 800 and I believe that is official which means it is HIGHLY unlikely SSC will be offering these to us in the states, so...

Where is the best deal for us in the US? Anybody?

Last edited:
Very interesting. I may have to do some serious thinking on this. We've got the Takara BB pre-ordered, but the Blue boy has possibilities. Might have to replace the head...PS

Takara has done something very strange with the head, hot toys is the winner, I love the belt on it too. Wheres a goodplace to order? I think I may have to.

BDboystoys said:
Takara has done something very strange with the head, hot toys is the winner, I love the belt on it too. Wheres a goodplace to order? I think I may have to.

I'm seriously considering Toy Square in Canada, shipping making the difference. ABC wants $30 s/h for one and $50 for both. TS can ship both to me for $27 so they have my pre-order for now.

btw, Does anybody know what or if there are any SR Accessories?

Back