Hot Toys Superman Returns and Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Batman looks fantastic...so far it looks much more impressive than the Takara version. My money right now is on the Hot Toys version. :emperor The Superman.....the head doesn't look quite right and I must say that Supes looks kinda puny. :lol I like my Supes looking like...well Superman!! :rolleyes:

cheers,

Brad

Darklord Dave said:
I'll be transplanting Ken's costume to a BBi body or something else, although the boots will still be a problem. The cape's kind of short too.

the mattel superman suit fits perfectly on a regular sideshow body. most other bodies have a chest that's too big.

most other bodies have a chest that's too big.

The suit's padded, I haven't examined if the padding can be removed or not though. That would give some extra room in the chest area.

captain sack said:
the mattel superman suit fits perfectly on a regular sideshow body. most other bodies have a chest that's too big.
That's a good thing since you can give him decent height with an SS body. Plus you have the widest and best variety of heads available from SSC, Dragon and custom to put on that neckpost.
I really do need to get one of these guys.

Forgot to ask. Captain Sack, did you glue the costume on the SS figure or does it fit and stay in place pretty well without tacking it down?

chamildav said:
Forgot to ask. Captain Sack, did you glue the costume on the SS figure or does it fit and stay in place pretty well without tacking it down?

i didn't use any glue. (how and why would that be done?)

i tried numerous bodies, and the sideshow body worked best. most bodies i tried prevented the back of the suit from closing completely, but the sideshow body worked great, as did the hasbro super GI joe body, but he's too short.:chew

Last edited:
Better photo of the HT Supes:

131434930_6e02d0cafa_b.jpg

131434931_f884845fd9_b.jpg

Wow. The sculpt's pretty much there I think. Also I take back what I said about the Ken suit being just as good. It appears this one has the raised piping that is barely noticable on the real suit. HT better follow through with this and not keep pushing it back like Takara is doing with Bats.

Collector Freak said:
Yikes. Either that's a really bad photo, or Superman's face is really poorly painted.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there... just looks flushed. Although I'd have to say that the costume is pretty well done.

Back