Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

:lol

Oh, the hilarity. You all get yourselves hyped up despite having no official information and are disappointed when you're not given something that you had no proof you were getting in the first place.

We get excited at the possibility of seeing a new figure at a HT show and express our disappointment it was not shown.

Go figure.

:rolleyes:

Well Winter is from Dec to Feb. So we still have time. Superman ain't big in Hong Kong as in America. Therefore we should have a new teaser between January and February with New years approaching I expect them to put something on New Years. HT is celebrating their tenth anniversary, showcasing figures from the past and giving us a teaser for the future. Supes equals New Years, New body, New sculpt, same figures we love.

Hey is that Supes in the background ?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IWum55CpuD4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IWum55CpuD4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Yes, that is indeed a Superman. But the Superman? No.

This is the arguably biggest figure HT has done (fan expectation wise) Even the teaser pics gotta be done well. (not that i care, but i'm sure HT doesn't want to hear needless backlash) So i think pics could be as late as Feb. WHO KNOWS!

:lol

Oh, the hilarity. You all get yourselves hyped up despite having no official information and are disappointed when you're not given something that you had no proof you were getting in the first place.

My thought exactly... :exactly:

Besides, HT said this winter, which ends in March... so there's plenty of time...:wave

Besides, HT said this winter, which ends in March... so there's plenty of time...:wave

So the world doesn't end on December 31st 2010! Man I've been buying all this bread and such because of it. Nobody tells me these things! It's just not right.

So you could be in for a long wait too.

Yes, and I can handle the long wait ahead. If you look back a few pages in this thread you didn't see me saying "is it here yet, is it here yet?", "YES, next week for sure" etc. and then pouting when it didn't happen.

I'll get this Superman, Keaton Batman and Jack Joker eventually.

And mark my words, I bet we get a Batman '89 teaser in June/July with specs and pics July/August. Write this down because it WILL happen. Obviously that will be about a year until actual '89 product is released (about 4 months after official specs, give or take).

I can wait a year. Late 2011 and 2012 will be the years of Batman.

Last edited:

I'm not worrying about not getting him because I think the production run on this will be higher than any of their other releases.

I wonder if HT will expand on this and give us the Phantom Zone villians?

the 15th came and passed, the 24th also came and passed, and still now no news or pic of supes. there's been too much hype and anticipation built up on this one figure, this better be the single best figure ht has ever done or there'll be a huge uproar. i know i'm personally will be mad if this turns out like the indy dx.

you have to admit though that the fans reaction dont just come out of a vacuum - the arnie kim announcement to do supes, the announcement after announcement of new figs with no updates for supes, the missed opportunity of showing it for exhibition, all these understandably add up to more anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back