Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

Is the fan base for the Reeve Superman really that big?

I keep reading in this thread how humongous this announcement is supposed to be, but I'm not sure I quite follow.
Granted, I'm not that big of a fan of Superman or the CR incarnation, but still...
I never got the sense that either was such a big deal to the world at large.
I haven't seen any Superman related thread become any bigger than the Alien, Predator, Terminator, Batman or Star Wars threads. And there's been plenty of Superman related figures in the past few years. Sure, none of HT quality (except of course the HT SR figures), but then again, one might argue that SW figures are not at HT level.
I'm probably not looking in the right places because I'm not such a fan, but I just never got the sense Superman was that big.

Having said that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more about this figure, it's a classic and will probably look really nice in all its retro-glory.

It depends when you were born. The ones that saw those movies late 70's early 80's have a very close connection to the character because of the comic book, propaganda and of course the first two movies back then Superman was in the same league as Indiana Jones, Star Wars and James Bond.
Like everyone said here the only representation that we have of that character (Chris Reeve) is the Fly Away Action Mego 12 inch figure, so look for it and tell me if a sculpt by Arnie Kim is necessary.
The fan base for this figure is not only here on sideshowfreaks is all over the world and i can guaranteed you that it will be a sell out piece when it comes out! :wink1:

Then again lets not forget the well done job for Mr. Reeve on portraying the character by today i think is the best one out there. If you see the movie you'll see how much he gives as an actor for this role even if hes on a Halloween costume, by today standards of course.

Well, I actually saw the movies in the theaters when they first came out, but they never really impressed me that much to be honest... even back then I already was a SW child! :D

But I do appreciate Reeve's work on the character, having recently watched the Donner cut of S2 I was amazed at just how much charisma the man had.

To be honest I think Reeve is the only good thing about those old films - they've otherwise dated very badly IMO.

Is the fan base for the Reeve Superman really that big?.

As pumped as I am for this figure, I would agree. This isn't the biggest most imporant license that HT has ever had. I would put HT's getting the likeness right from Jack Nicholson as the biggest. THAT is incredible. Just think of all the merchandise the 89 Batman movie has had in the last 20 years and none of them had a authentic Nicholson likeness.

Lets see if HT can get the rights from Clint Eastwood for a Man With No Name figure :yess:

Reeve's Supe's is the best and most iconic Superman we've received from any form of film IMO. I can't wait to see him on my shelf and even next to an updated Batman or a Keaton Batman.

Until HT's moves on to making figures from the comics (said it's something they would love to do but they're just a little busy I'm sure :) ) this will be the BEST Supe's figure we'll have, period. If or when they do make that jump well then I'll reassess...probably have both if I'm fortunate enough.

Can't wait to see what they come up with here....

My son's middle name is Reeve, named after the Man of Steel himself.

I think for the time and creating effects on the fly, it still holds up. Hell in 20 years, Avatar will look dated.

For me, Reeve is the Superman I grew up with and no-one else has matched that same charima and determination so far. I'm holding out for this one to get done even if it takes a while.

Yeah I grew up with these films from a very early age and of all the super heroes Reeve Supes is definately my favourite!

I can't wait to eventually see this guy :)

I just hope I don't miss it when it eventually pops up. I think these will go faster than a lot of folks expect. And if they don't, maybe a little re-working of the costume gets us an EVIL Superman...:lol

I just hope I don't miss it when it eventually pops up. I think these will go faster than a lot of folks expect. And if they don't, maybe a little re-working of the costume gets us an EVIL Superman...:lol

:yess:!! Evil Superman to follow Regular Superman!!!:yess:

Would be nice!!

I can't wait to have this set up on my shelf with the true Superman:

100_0120.jpg

I can't wait to have this set up on my shelf with the true Superman:

100_0120.jpg

And I hope it looks better than that set up too. Those figures haven't aged well looking at the advancements Hot Toys have made since then. I hope they do the suit justice...

And I hope it looks better than that set up too. Those figures haven't aged well looking at the advancements Hot Toys have made since then. I hope they do the suit justice...

true, those two looks cheap compare to what HT is making this days i still think the Jor-El still do justice, but i hope they release a v 2.0 of Jor-El with the black costume. btw Superman V1.0 hasn't aged well but is getting very expensive!

Really?
Other than the head sculpts, what could be so much better? And even then a repaint can do wonders for those sculpts.

Really?
Other than the head sculpts, what could be so much better? And even then a repaint can do wonders for those sculpts.

The fit of the suit, specifically around the belt area, the neck, the body shape overall....

I start collecting this figures in Jan. 2009 in this one was my first set from HOT TOYS and I can't say anything they are look good!! I saw the SUPERMAN: RETURNS movie five times and I recheck my figures and special Superman suit and for me looks great, if we talk about Superman C.R is diferent thing in everyway...the actor, suit...BLA,BlA,BLA;)
https://
https://
I never sell this figures, because they are from diferent movies and diferent times, just my two cents!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back