Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

You guys set yourselves up for this one.

I'm wondering if Hot Toys even had the figure in production when they showed that teaser. It seemed like a rushed idea to silence people's rage after the whole DX 04 Bruce Lee announcement.

Maybe they saw the cries and figured "____, we better make this". They then obtained the license and pumped out a simple teaser that just shows the Superman logo on his chest.

Like I said before this convention crap, I bet we don't see the actual figure for a while. Look how long this stupid Avatar ____ has taken them.

This makes the '89 Batman announcement bittersweet. :(

Though, it seems more official than this Reeve Superman seeing as though it actually had a presence at the Tokyo convention. It had a product listing in their book with the batlogo, a wall gallery with two characters from the film and everything. All Superman has gotten is a lame "WINTER" teaser that any one of us could have easily thrown together.

The more I think about it, what you say makes a lot of sense and could be a very strong possibility.

Eddie Wong, confirms there is no Superman at the booth of Hot Toys!

Indiana Jones is average...

No Superman

No Star Wars announcement

No Avatar announcement or Jake Sully War paintings

OK ................ EPIC FAIL HOT TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno

Someone must not have gotten any this Christmas morning.

Epic Fail?

Looks like a pretty kewl show to me.

Got some peaks at some new Sideshow Joes as well :rock

And HT has said nothing of Star Whores beyond saying the Force line.

Though, it seems more official than this Reeve Superman seeing as though it actually had a presence at the Tokyo convention. It had a product listing in their book with the batlogo, a wall gallery with two characters from the film and everything. All Superman has gotten is a lame "WINTER" teaser that any one of us could have easily thrown together.

True:mad:... Hey can someone post this picture in the picture album at HT Facebook?:rotfl

attachment.php

Annoying, but I am hoping its just because they haven't perfected it yet. No doubt this will be their crowning achievement, and they want to introduce it with a bang.

Annoying, but I am hoping its just because they haven't perfected it yet. No doubt this will be their crowning achievement, and they want to introduce it with a bang.

Yeah is true but like DiFabio said not even a logo in the catalog or presentation they announced Superman first Indy Jones only took one announcement and 2 days later bum!:monkey4

People always say this, but nobody complains when HT listens to the complaints, takes the criticisms on board, and improves the figures...

I see no problem in people being passionate. People are disappointed and complain when their favourite band puts out a crappy album (not the best analogy but I hope you can see my point!), but they have no recourse to change it. At least we have a chance to get HT to improve sculpts before final production. It's one of the things that I like about the company. They want to be the best.

:goodpost:

Freakin A.

No-one moans about the moaners once we end up with tweaked/better final production pieces.

There's a big difference between giving constructive criticism and most of the posts from idiots saying "crap" or "sideshows is better" or "hot toys needs to go back to the drawing board" etc. seems more like nitpicking and bashing HT for the hell of it rather than really judging their product. that ____'s annoying as ____.

Does Hot Toys Indiana Jones look like Harrison Ford?

nop, i just wanted boots or cape, or the first head prototype in grey, just a proof that they are working on him, we still have one day left right?

There's a big difference between giving constructive criticism and most of the posts from idiots saying "crap" or "sideshows is better" or "hot toys needs to go back to the drawing board" etc. seems more like nitpicking and bashing HT for the hell of it rather than really judging their product. that ____'s annoying as ____.

Agreed, but IMHO what is just as bad is the usual HT fanboys who seem to think that HT can do no wrong, or who say that we should accept that they don't always get it right.

Hot Toys just said on their facebook wall that they lost the licensing rights to a Reeve Superman.

Good thing we still have Mattel, right?

Then it is confirmed DiFabio needs to be lynched :mad:

I guess it's a joke but it's not a funny one, I went on the FB page and looked everywhere for the notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back