Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

Arnie Kim might have a cooling off period in his Enterbay contact which forbids him to work for the competition (It's not uncommon for a lot of Jobs to have this contract). That might be why the teaser said Winter.

I guess there are a lot of disappointed people out there. I am sure they were hoping they could rip apart another head sculpt. I bet they even had their George Reeves pictures ready just so they could post something like it looks more like Reeves instead of Reeve.
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/D_K2Zj9UcCU?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/D_K2Zj9UcCU?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

guess we hav to wait until march...so **** looooooooongggggggggggggg...

Anyone who was expecting an announcement from that show doesn't know how HT works. With a figure this big, they aren't going to share the spotlight with anything else...they will make a big splash sometime in the next couple of months so they can have it get all the attention it deserves. This figure will almost certainly be the single highest profile release they've done & they are going to take their time on it, get it just right & bask in the attention.
Relax, be patient & have faith.

Anyone who was expecting an announcement from that show doesn't know how HT works. With a figure this big, they aren't going to share the spotlight with anything else...they will make a big splash sometime in the next couple of months so they can have it get all the attention it deserves. This figure will almost certainly be the single highest profile release they've done & they are going to take their time on it, get it just right & bask in the attention.

:exactly::goodpost::clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Great post! I agree with you Karnis. As much as we all want to see something...anything from it now, we likely won't. I'm excited about some of the other licenses like Captain America, Thor, The Iron Man 2 "suitcase armor" figure, and Indiana Jones (after a better looking head sculpt!). But a Christopher Reeve 1:6 scale figure has always been on the TOP of my most wanted list! :wave

Honestly I bet that the Reeve Superman was supposed to be the darling of the show, spotlit but I have this nagging feeling that there is a likeness issue where it wasn't approved yet therefore wasn't shown. I have a feeling as soon as the last "t"s are crossed and the "i"s dotted they'll get this thing shown ASAP.

Guess it is probably a likeness confirmation holding it up.

Would have been nice if HT could have had something from it at the show though. The boots, the 'S', the cape etc. But I guess thy want to reveal it once finally complete.

Is the fan base for the Reeve Superman really that big?

I keep reading in this thread how humongous this announcement is supposed to be, but I'm not sure I quite follow.
Granted, I'm not that big of a fan of Superman or the CR incarnation, but still...
I never got the sense that either was such a big deal to the world at large.
I haven't seen any Superman related thread become any bigger than the Alien, Predator, Terminator, Batman or Star Wars threads. And there's been plenty of Superman related figures in the past few years. Sure, none of HT quality (except of course the HT SR figures), but then again, one might argue that SW figures are not at HT level.
I'm probably not looking in the right places because I'm not such a fan, but I just never got the sense Superman was that big.

Having said that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more about this figure, it's a classic and will probably look really nice in all its retro-glory.

Having said that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more about this figure, it's a classic and will probably look really nice in all its retro-glory.

In the late 80's Superman 6" figures were scarce. You know the ones with the plastic clip attached to the cape around the neck. My folks hunted store to store but could never find any. I'm looking forward to next year when I can own it in 1/6.

It's funny how I'm mostly owning figures in larger scales that I once had to some degree from my childhood.

In the late 80's Superman 6" figures were scarce. You know the ones with the plastic clip attached to the cape around the neck. My folks hunted store to store but could never find any. I'm looking forward to next year when I can own it in 1/6.

It's funny how I'm mostly owning figures in larger scales that I once had to some degree from my childhood.

Damn, and I thought I was the only one :lol

Supes were really that scarce all around the world then huh.

Wow, that brought back some memories. I remember my mom getting a rain check for that figure and it took probably 6 months after that for Superman to come in. I still have the kryptonite ring somewhere and since then, Ive picked up two of them from ebay. Can't wait for the Hot Toys version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back