Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

I'm worried... most of the people will just be nitpicking negative nancies, regardless if the sculpt is amazing or not.

I'm worried... most of the people will just be nitpicking negative nancies, regardless if the sculpt is amazing or not.
Welcome to the new Sideshow Freaks!

People always say this, but nobody complains when HT listens to the complaints, takes the criticisms on board, and improves the figures...

I see no problem in people being passionate. People are disappointed and complain when their favourite band puts out a crappy album (not the best analogy but I hope you can see my point!), but they have no recourse to change it. At least we have a chance to get HT to improve sculpts before final production. It's one of the things that I like about the company. They want to be the best.

Eddie Wong, confirms there is no Superman at the booth of Hot Toys!

Indiana Jones is average...

No Superman

No Star Wars announcement

No Avatar announcement or Jake Sully War paintings

OK ................ EPIC FAIL HOT TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno

People always say this, but nobody complains when HT listens to the complaints, takes the criticisms on board, and improves the figures...

:goodpost:

Freakin A.

No-one moans about the moaners once we end up with tweaked/better final production pieces.

Eddie Wong has this to say:

Those expecting images or news of Christopher Reeves Superman can forget it. No mention whatsoever...

:(

Eddie Wong, confirms there is no Superman at the booth of Hot Toys!

Indiana Jones is average...

No Superman

No Star Wars announcement

No Avatar announcement or Jake Sully War paintings

OK ................ EPIC FAIL HOT TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno

I hope Eddie Wong is screwing with fans. Isn't there a pic up from his first blog with Superman in a case on the right hand side?

Someone pointed it out earlier. Or is that the Brandon Routh one?

5289490223_2e7767bb31_o.jpg

I see the two in one on the right/midddle. The one on the right could be the version 1.

Announcing that and with timeframe winter and bringing nothing is damn sad.
Although...we just had metheorical winter beginning, right?
Could mean the frame for announcing that just started...

That is the v1 and the 2 in 1.

Eddie has confirmed there is no CR Supes mention or display at the event.

HT, you disappoint.

like i said Arnie Kim and HT are having problems with the likeness and body.............Merry Christmas everyone

You guys set yourselves up for this one.

I'm wondering if Hot Toys even had the figure in production when they showed that teaser. It seemed like a rushed idea to silence people's rage after the whole DX 04 Bruce Lee announcement.

Maybe they saw the cries and figured "____, we better make this". They then obtained the license and pumped out a simple teaser that just shows the Superman logo on his chest.

Like I said before this convention crap, I bet we don't see the actual figure for a while. Look how long this stupid Avatar ____ has taken them.

This makes the '89 Batman announcement bittersweet. :(

Though, it seems more official than this Reeve Superman seeing as though it actually had a presence at the Tokyo convention. It had a product listing in their book with the batlogo, a wall gallery with two characters from the film and everything. All Superman has gotten is a lame "WINTER" teaser that any one of us could have easily thrown together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back